Possible new buyer - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #141

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
CONT'd- Lagun Mount. No post to the floor. We think it is great, easy to convert to lounge or bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Bench w Extension not mounted and no table (4).jpg   Bench w Extension unmounted - with table (3).jpg   Bench without Extension.jpg   Top Step Bench Extension Storage.jpg  
Old 07-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #142

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
This likely comes from using a power grease gun, and not a manual grease gun and/or not rotating the tire as the grease is being added. I sincerely doubt an RV service department would take the time and effort to do it properly. Not when they can just stick a power grease gun on and blame the EX Lube system if they mess it up.

https://youtu.be/XT0RKDGgDm8
A manual grease gun still uses pressure to move the grease through the bearing and housing, and yes, rotating the tire helps too. The power grease guns I've seen aren't any more powerful than me powering the lever on a standard grease gun.

Until I became a single parent, I farmed for 23 years and have used hundreds of tubes of grease. A manual grease gun can actually force grease in at higher pressure than a powered grease gun. That's one of the reasons shops use powered grease guns, for consistent, safe pressure. Many powered guns can set the pressure higher, but that will cause problems. A good mechanic knows that.

However, two trailer guys I know and use, who work with Dexter axles all the time, and are 250 miles apart, have seen too many Dexter brakes with grease. Both attribute this to an incorrectly applied seal (?) by Dexter at the factory. This only way to see this is to inspect your brakes, and while you've already removed the hub you may as well repack the bearings.

We've always adjusted the manual adjusters every 10,000 miles, so don't need self-adjusting brakes where one decides not to adjust, so you now have three instead of four brakes. Never have had a brake problem using a good mechanic and proper service interval. Our Lance adjusters on two of the wheels didn't adjust, so we were basically braking with three (other two were partially braking). However, immediately after purchasing we had our brakes inspected and had the automatic brake adjusters removed so we didn't have to worry about that happening again.

I feel brakes should be inspected every 10,000 miles. The trailer guy I go to now (Kullot in Rochester) guarantees his work for 10,000 miles. That works for me.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #143

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I wish we had that. You can play a guitar there!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #144

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
A manual grease gun still uses pressure to move the grease through the bearing and housing, and yes, rotating the tire helps too. The power grease guns I've seen aren't any more powerful than me powering the lever on a standard grease gun.
The manual grease gun may have a higher momentary pressure, but, it is a small quantity. So if you are working with a closed system the manual grease gun could create higher pressure, but, the EZ-Lube system isn't a closed system.

The EZ-Lube is an open system. The time it takes to pump the manual grease gun, gives the grease time to move out the open path at the front of the EZ-Lube hub.

The problem with the using a power grease gun isn't that it provides higher pressure than a manual grease gun, it is that it has higher volume. The higher volume doesn't give the grease time to move out the front of the hub, and there for it backs up and pushes against the seal.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:45 PM   #145

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
You may want to consider your table mount options. Stock comes with two poles and ETI has the option of the Springfield (single pole). Besides one pole, I believe one other advantage with the Springfield is lowering it into a bed if you need to do that on a regular basis.

We had ETI not mount our table and we installed a Lagun Mount. No post to the floor. We think it is great, easy to convert to lounge or bed.
Hello Ronn, thank you for the advice and lovely pictures. They also help us imagine the area a ;pt better. Lagun mount aside, the U-shaped area does look attractive. We are not going to be converting the area to a bed,. The U-shaped dinette / seats do give additional functionality for using it to lounge a bit - more than the alternative. So, now leaning towards the U-shaped dinette. The Lagun mount looks really nice and functionally rich. It seems to open up the area a bit more. I will share with my wife and see what she thinks.

In general, we prefer to have Escape folks do most, if not all, the work - and keep the third party involvement between low to none (realize I already have Danfoss fridge there already). But, I will look around for it. What sort of place you went to to have the mount installed? Anywhere near the pickup area?

But - U-shaped dinette + Springfield/Lagun mount are now on my list - pending my wife's opinion which rightly trumps mine
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:35 AM   #146

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm not aware of any place that will install the Lagun mount as it is trailer specific. The Springfield is almost universal, but the Lagun mount is different for an E21 or a 5.0 as it requires rerouting wiring and adding reinforcement to the floor and side walls. It is not a simple plug and play set up like the Springfield is. All of the Lagun mounts here on the forum have been owner installed, to my knowledge.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:46 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm not aware of any place that will install the Lagun mount as it is trailer specific. The Springfield is almost universal, but the Lagun mount is different for an E21 or a 5.0 as it requires rerouting wiring and adding reinforcement to the floor and side walls. It is not a simple plug and play set up like the Springfield is. All of the Lagun mounts here on the forum have been owner installed, to my knowledge.
Escape is not installing them. But mine was not nearly as involved as all that. I'd say I had (have) more trouble posting pictures to the forum than I had installing the Lagun!. I didn't need to reroute any wires and I didn't need to brace the mount into the floor. I have no play in the mount or the table - it is very stable.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post320560
Old 07-11-2020, 02:56 PM   #148

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Cpaharley2008, Ronn-

Thank you for clarifying that. I will look at the links on this but my wife and I are very limited in our abilities in this area. My wife liked the pictures you posted, so thank you for those! Definitely intrigued by it and will research further, but might end up with Springfield mount if we can’t find a third party to do it - as we know our limitations.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #149

Trailer: Shopping
I would mention the F150 max tow comes with a lower gear ratio and also a heavier frame .
The regular factory tow package comes with the standard frame and a slightly higher gear ratio.
Both come with factory brake controller
I think the higher gear ratio will deliver a little better fuel economy, cost way less in purchase price.

Either one, make sure you get the 37 gallon fuel tank....it’s a dream come true having 37 gallons fuel.....

And by the way......I hiked Huashan Mountain in China
Google it
Tideline77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #150

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Be aware that the seat along the base of the U dinette is only 18" from front to back, not 24" like the sides, and that the seat back is 2" thick, not 4", like the sides. These combine to make sitting on that part of the dinette less comfortable.

You can get the seat back made into 4" as an option. You can get a 12" wide filler cushion to insert along the base of the U to make it 30" front to back as an option. I asked to get a 6" wide filler cushion, which Escape agreed to, but they would not supply a support board to go under that 6" cushion. They will supply one for the 12" filler - they said that anything skinnier would not support somebody sitting on it. (I guess they think somebody might put the board and cushion somewhere away from the regular seat and sit on it by itself.) Ronn's post shows a filler that I believe is less than 12" wide. Just something else to think about.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #151

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Very useful info from all of you. Thank you.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:37 PM   #152

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
very nice! Did you modify table corners or is that the way it came from ETI?
sofmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #153

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
Be aware that the seat along the base of the U dinette is only 18" from front to back, not 24" like the sides, and that the seat back is 2" thick, not 4", like the sides. These combine to make sitting on that part of the dinette less comfortable.

You can get the seat back made into 4" as an option. You can get a 12" wide filler cushion to insert along the base of the U to make it 30" front to back as an option. I asked to get a 6" wide filler cushion, which Escape agreed to, but they would not supply a support board to go under that 6" cushion. They will supply one for the 12" filler - they said that anything skinnier would not support somebody sitting on it. (I guess they think somebody might put the board and cushion somewhere away from the regular seat and sit on it by itself.) Ronn's post shows a filler that I believe is less than 12" wide. Just something else to think about.
We asked for, and ETI built, a back seat area that was 22" deep, not the standard 18" deep. More room to store items in the back too. We also got the 4" thick back cushion. They also split the rear back and seat cushions so we can just remove one side or the other. Plus, we got a filler cushion. We love our u-shaped dinette.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #154

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Hi Kavm
On your build sheet you have 2x6V batteries but you say you are planning to add Lithium batteries. If Escape still is not doing Lithium when you order your trailer, I would suggest you just stay with the standard 12V battery. No point paying extra for 2x6V if you are just going to switch them for lithium.
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:41 PM   #155

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
We asked for, and ETI built, a back seat area that was 22" deep, not the standard 18" deep.
I asked for 24" deep seating, but I didn't get an affirmative answer with a price before my Build Sheet was due. (I got only two weeks from the date of my deposit to turn it in to get a September delivery date.)
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
very nice! Did you modify table corners or is that the way it came from ETI?
I think you are speaking of my post, we had ETI cut all four corners. This works great as the table is capable of 360 degree turns, so the cut out corners are always forward. Table has proven plenty large for us and the cut outs do not affect the bed when dinette is converted.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #157

Quote:
Ronn's post shows a filler that I believe is less than 12" wide. Just something else to think about.
My filler is 7", I first tried 5" but that was not enough

Quote:
My seat back is only 2" but with a 4 inch pool noodle tilting it we do not hit the window knobs. If the 2" back is straight up and down you do hit the knobs, by putting a 4" noodle behind the bottom of the 2" back it keeps your back from hitting the window knobs)
Old 07-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #158

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I think you are speaking of my post, we had ETI cut all four corners. This works great as the table is capable of 360 degree turns, so the cut out corners are always forward. Table has proven plenty large for us and the cut outs do not affect the bed when dinette is converted.
Thank you Ronn. I was refering to your post. That seems like a mod I would want
sofmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:59 PM   #159

Quote:
I asked for 24" deep seating, but I didn't get an affirmative answer with a price before my Build Sheet was due. (I got only two weeks from the date of my deposit to turn it in to get a September delivery date.)
Be aware that the larger the rear seat of the U-dinette is the less space you have under the table for feet and subsequently the table size will be affected the same (smaller).
Ours (the standard size U-dinette) works for us with the noodle and the 2" back and the 5" extension. We only use the extension when we are occupying the rear most seat and with the Lagun either off or on due to the table's ability to be positioned many different ways for clearance.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:03 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
Thank you Ronn. I was refering to your post. That seems like a mod I would want
Let me know if I can be of help, lots of people on the forum have installed Laguns, a search will give you a few different methods but pretty much the same results (they love their Lagun).