Prospective New Owner - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
Plan on being there in Antioch loop, site #111. This will be our 1st first rally. Looking forward to all the excitement!!!!
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'll have a 2017 21 at both Townsend & Green Eggs & Ham.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Jon's famous blueberry pie is worth the trip alone....
Old 01-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Jon's famous blueberry pie is worth the trip alone....
I was looking forward to Green Eggs and Ham just to get away from winter but now you mention Jon's pie, I can hardly wait!

As previously suggested why doesn't the OP try towing with the Ridgeline, if it's not adequate then look at upgrading.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanizer View Post
Plan on being there in Antioch loop, site #111. This will be our 1st first rally. Looking forward to all the excitement!!!!
See you there! We'll be in Catoma Loop #46 beside Jon. I know I'm missing some, but as of now, I know of 5 21's, 2 19's and a 5.0 registered for GE&H.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
2006 Ridgeline owner

We purchased a 19 this summer and towed it up to Banff and Jasper and back to California with our 2006 Ridgeline. I guess I would echo what has already been said. The truck rowed the trailer with no problems except on mountain grades where it spent a lot of time at high rpm. My gas mileage is 20-21 without the trailer but 12-13 with the trailer. I too really enjoy the tuck and have had not one bit of bad luck with it. However, when I replace the truck I would be very tempted to move up to something bigger like an ecoboost. My friend has one and gets similar mileage and better power. Also the unibody construction is not as user friendly with a WDH. The 21 is heavier than the 19 and 8 felt we were close to the payload with the trailer and various camping equipment. Best of luck and this forum has Ben a godsend for me in learning the nuances of owning a trailer.
mquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #27

Trailer: 2012 trailmanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
I don't have a Ridgeline, but I have a somewhat related perspective for what it is worth. I owned a 2007 Odyssey with the similar 3.5L V6 engine. I towed just a 13' Scamp several times through various mountain ranges in Canada and the USA. It was a capable tow vehicle with that ~2000lb trailer but at elevation and at notable grades, it was sometimes all it could do to keep above 45mph but the vast majority of the time it would hold 60mph on various grades. I have a 21' on order and went with a F-150 Ecoboost. I'm with you that I'm not in love with it as a daily driver though. YMMV.
Thanks ericw, familiar with the Odyssey as daughter had two, but I never towed with one. As I understand it, the Ridgeline's transmission is geared differently to maximize towing ability, but I don't see that it would make a lot of difference. I want to try towing a 21' just to see how it does. Thanks and I'll keep you posted.
JSpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome John in NC,
Have you seen an Escape in person? There are several owners in your area. Contact the factory and they can give you some names and numbers. I think you vehicle will probably like towing a 19 Escape more than a 21 Escape as far as weight and tongue weight. Do you know if Honda can handle a w/d set up?
Thanks cpaharley2008, I plan to contact the factory soon to see about setting up a close by visit and possible a test tow just to be sure.
John in NC
Old 01-22-2018, 03:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post
A few years ago, I had a 2720 TrailManor, newer model, really liked it. As much as I liked it, definetly prefer my Escape. It has many of the pluses of the TM, like being light, but few of the disadvantages. I towed both with my six cylinder Toyota Venza and was pleasantly surprised at how well the Escsped towed vs the TM. And I’m talking a trip to Alaska. I think the tandem axels really make a positive difference on the Escape. I think u will be fine with ur Ridgeline.
I would highly recommend an Escape.
Thanks Moaboy for your insight,
What mileage did you get with the Venza pulling both trailers and are you planning to use the Venza to go to Alaska?
Old 01-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Went to Alaska last year using Venza- no problems at all.
Gas mileage was around 15, sometimes abit more if flat and no wind, sometimes less with more wind and elevation increases.
I have AWD which I think is helpful in distributing some power to rear in situations where front wheels slip-wet pavement, gravel etc.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote