Returning RVer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2022, 07:51 PM   #1

Trailer: none
Returning RVer

Long timer camper and RVer. Pop ups when I was a kid. From large cabin tents to backpacking tents for many decades. 25' stick built and 34' stick built towables. Park model on a season lease. Divorced, retired and starting over.

Been tent camping for the past two years and yes, loving every minute of it. Here to learn more about the 21NE and Escape trailers. This would be my preferred option if I full time. Safari Condo would be my preferred option for weekend camping and occasional trips. Future plans TBD.

Looking forward to learning from y'all.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:42 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Welcome

I have been watching the used RV ads for a friend. Escape priced them out of the market. I saw a Safari Condo here in Ontario. Easy for you to import and you get the currency advantage.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trail...6123?undefined
Old 08-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #3

Part of what attracts me to both the Escape and SC is that both hold their value extremely well, often selling used for more than the original purchase price. Doesn't hurt that both are well built and both manufacturers stand behind their product.

Apples and oranges for me. The SC is lightweight and I would be looking at the fixed roof 17. Small but can use my current tow vehicle. The 21NE is heavier, much more room and storage. Empirically the Escape seems to be better built with fewer major issues than SC, but not sure that is accurate. However requires a new tow vehicle.

So much to still learn
Old 08-19-2022, 03:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless1 View Post
Long timer camper and RVer. Pop ups when I was a kid. From large cabin tents to backpacking tents for many decades. 25' stick built and 34' stick built towables. Park model on a season lease. Divorced, retired and starting over.

Been tent camping for the past two years and yes, loving every minute of it. Here to learn more about the 21NE and Escape trailers. This would be my preferred option if I full time. Safari Condo would be my preferred option for weekend camping and occasional trips. Future plans TBD.

Looking forward to learning from y'all.
Hi: Aimless1... Lots of tent camping spots available at The Riverside Motel and Campground in Niagara Falls Ont. Niagara Wine Escape 2022 is Sept 16th-18th. Lots of Escape Owners to talk to and trailers to look through. You'd be welcome to join us for the rally.
Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:57 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Altos are neat trailers, but not molded fiberglass (not sure how they're constructed). For light weight, how about an Escape 17, or a Casita or a Scamp?
Old 08-20-2022, 06:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Altos are neat trailers, but not molded fiberglass (not sure how they're constructed). For light weight, how about an Escape 17, or a Casita or a Scamp?

Altos are aluminum frame and sandwich wall construction. All materials are water proof. so why an alto and not an Escape 17. Weight. 1722 lb. Tradeoffs. Many including virtually no insulation on the Altos but fine for occasional use.

I require a full queen bed and minimum 6'3" interior height. One, the other or both rules out many trailers including Scamp and Casita. Appreciate the suggestions.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Aimless1... Lots of tent camping spots available at The Riverside Motel and Campground in Niagara Falls Ont. Niagara Wine Escape 2022 is Sept 16th-18th. Lots of Escape Owners to talk to and trailers to look through. You'd be welcome to join us for the rally.
Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Thank you for the invitatio! Need to look at my schedule to see if I can make it.