Searching for My Escape 5.0 TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Searching for My Escape 5.0 TA

Hello all,
I have begun my search for my last RV, a Escape 5.0 TA. I live in Big Bear Lake, CA and plan to explore all of the continental United States, Canada and maybe make it up to Alaska. I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma that replaced a 3500 Dodge 4x4. I know that Toyota does not recommend 5th wheel trailers because of its composite bed, but I have designed and installed a hitch system and brake controller already that I am confident will not give me any problems.
I am searching for my Escape 5th wheel with very little success. When I do find one it seems that it is priced similar to, or more than ordering a new one, with the exchange rates applied. Does anyone have a lead on one, or know where I should be looking?
Thank you very much in advance! If anyone is interested in the Toyota 5th wheel hitch install, I have pictures and CAD drawings of the project.
Ron
Ron Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Used Escapes sell for pretty much what they are bought for. Shipping to the states may add to that, and that ain't cheap. One of the bennies of buying one.

Keep in mind they have only been produced since mid 2014, and then only half as many as they turn out now. Picking may well be slim.

Best of luck.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
With those kind of long term adventures in mind, and the difficulty in finding a used one, it would be worth your while to check into ordering a new one. Their production time recently has been as little as three months, so the wait might not be that long and you could get exactly the features you want.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mathews View Post
Hello all,
I have begun my search for my last RV, a Escape 5.0 TA. I live in Big Bear Lake, CA and plan to explore all of the continental United States, Canada and maybe make it up to Alaska. I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma that replaced a 3500 Dodge 4x4. I know that Toyota does not recommend 5th wheel trailers because of its composite bed, but I have designed and installed a hitch system and brake controller already that I am confident will not give me any problems.
I am searching for my Escape 5th wheel with very little success. When I do find one it seems that it is priced similar to, or more than ordering a new one, with the exchange rates applied. Does anyone have a lead on one, or know where I should be looking?
Thank you very much in advance! If anyone is interested in the Toyota 5th wheel hitch install, I have pictures and CAD drawings of the project.
Ron
Hi: Ron Mathews... The words needle and haystack come to mind. Escape trailers hold their value more so than most other RV's. A new one with your choice of options could be less than a fully loaded used one. The 5.0TA has only been in production since 2014 and we own #2 in the series. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
20150311_103532.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote