Soon-to-be-owner of new 17B - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #61

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
When we were at orientation the E2 WDH, that we ordered with the trailer, was installed By Escape personnel and ready to go when we were done. Also at the same time our pedestal for the table that we bought and brought with us was installed.
Doug King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #62

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I have the Tundra as well but with a 21'. Honestly, with a 17' and the Tundra, the WDH is more to stop the pogo bouncing from the single axle than it is for sway. Tongue weight is the critical factor to prevent sway and you should be fine with the 17'.
Thinking, thinking. I believe you, and am also thinking toward the future, when TV may be a Subasru Ascent. Going to stick with being cautious, getting WDH.

Quote:
That said, you can have the WDH installed before you go to Chilliwack by anyone with some mechanical skills and a socket set. Just a couple of bolts to install - most of the Husky WDH comes pre assembled.
Helpful. Price difference is enough to make me pay attention, don't mind doing a little work to save that much $$.
Looking at photos, "installation" = mounting head assembly to weight distribution shank. Easy enough for me to do, and my mechanic is happy to help if needed.
From what you say, ETI will help me attach brackets to trailer tongue, if I need 'em to. I figure I'll benefit from their "eye" to optimal adjustment of hitch.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug King View Post
When we were at orientation the E2 WDH, that we ordered with the trailer, was installed By Escape personnel and ready to go when we were done. Also at the same time our pedestal for the table that we bought and brought with us was installed.
Good to know - your pick-up info is very recent, so likely same as I'll encounter.
I opted to get the Husky WDH (recommended by Tom/tdf-texas), instead of the E2 available through ETI. I'll have it hooked up as much as possible before heading west to get trailer, then will have ETI help me do final parts at pick-up.
Have also opted for power lift for the tongue - have an idea it's a good idea for me. Save my patience/shoulders/strength for other (more fun?) stuff.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
The due date for my 17B is October 17th, and because I'm already "of a certain age," I added the power jack. After all, I hope to be RV'ing for another 10-15 years, and I expect that cranking can get rather old!

You'll feel such relief when that build sheet's done! I have one regret - not adding the outside shower - but that error hasn't dampened my enthusiasm. I made the final payment on Sojourner this week and am looking forward to what's waiting round the corner - as I know you are!

Best wishes!
Hi, Ava! I've really benefited from the questions you've asked and the answers everyone offered up, thanks!
I believe the Build Sheet is now final, done, finito. (Fingers crossed - the 'deadline' was crossed long since, and I've been dabbling along making last-minute changes ever since. No penalty for same, YET. Not pushing my luck on this )
Given your upcoming mobility and clear propensity to travel AND to keep in touch, the odds seem pretty good that we will not only cross paths, someday - likely we'll even know we're doing so, and make a point of stopping for a visit!
Happy pick-up day, it is getting closer and closer for both of us. Keep us all posted ---
Old 08-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #65

Quote:
I have the Husky Centerline TS and very happy with it. It is better made that the E2 and costs about 1/2 as much.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ordering it up - thanks for the tip, And the ball size! (Just downloaded the brochure, to confirm latter ---)