Southern Arizona - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 06:14 PM   #1

Trailer: Other
Southern Arizona

Hello. I’m BRAND new to the RV experience and have been seriously considering an Escape. I have been reading through the forums looking for answers on what my truck is capable of towing, but haven’t found anything solid. I have a 2013 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4. I’ve attached a pic of my door label. Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
ED0D7347-0B3B-4F44-A771-7FFDB323EA5Da.jpg  
tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:19 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
There will be more information in your owners manual. It should have everything you need.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
I am no expert. The following is just what I’d do:
  • Your payload listed on the sticker is 1357 lbs. But, there might have been modifications since leaving the factor. To get the correct payload, you will need to weigh the truck on a scale (just the truck, no driver but a full tank of gas). Subtract that weight from the GCWR - and you have the payload. This assumes there are no significant modifications, including change in tire size.
  • That is a limit on how much load you can put into the truck. That includes driver, passenger, animals, cargo, hitch, tongue weight of the trailer. See if it all works with what you have in mind.
  • Then comes the unknown. There is a Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating - GCVWR - for your truck. It’s not on your sticker. You need some other way of obtaining that. I am sure a Ford dealer could look it up with your VIN number. Owner’s manual might have the answers but I am doubtful.
So, you do need to find that rating. Given that Escapes are fairly light, you will probably be OK but you should know that.

Good luck!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
So strange how your GVWR is 300 pounds heavier than mine (2015 FORD F150 XLT with Max Tox package) but your payload on the sticker is 1357 lbs and mine is 1782 lbs...hmmm??
Attached Thumbnails
F150 door label 1.jpg   F150 door label 2.jpg  
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #5

Trailer: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
So strange how your GVWR is 300 pounds heavier than mine (2015 FORD F150 XLT with Max Tox package) but your payload on the sticker is 1357 lbs and mine is 1782 lbs...hmmm??
Maybe the difference in the wheelbase? 🤔🤔
tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote