The Classic- Not many left to Hatch! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2016, 07:15 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We really didn't have a choice .we signed up 4/1/16 and got a Jan 4th date . We told ETI we would like to be moved up if possible ? Within a month or so we got moved up to Dec and then Nov 8th ? I guess there were some cancellations ? I've told Tammy the sooner the better .Our build sheet is done and it's all paid for . (snip) Jim
Posts like this were driving me nuts, as I was wondering how you and at least one other person were getting their trailers earlier when we ordered before they did. Well, I finally got around to writing ETI about it and found out why. Even though we had stated an earlier date would be fine, that information was not transferred over to our build sheet when we changed from a 2016 to a 2017 style.

Tammy did say that we would have only moved up two weeks, so I still don't understand how you can be moved up 2 months and they said we wouldn't have. I'm going to ask for further clarification about that. Ours was paid for long before you even ordered, as well as the build sheet getting turned in.

I do appreciate her acknowledging that they screwed up. But, I'm still frustrated about it. (And it's nothing against the lucky ones getting theirs earlier, so no worries there that you might develop strange flat tires on your way home through Seattle after your pick up. )
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
It is good to keep in mind that this is a privately held company and their manufacturing processes and decisions are not really subject to public scrutiny or debate.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
They have not necessarily moved people up according to date ordered. Always seemed like a random thing, to me anyway. (We declined an earlier date by many months. They used to really move people up a lot in some cases.) When they sell a trailer, for instance, there is no reason to sell to the first person they hear from. They can sell to someone they know, someone who wants a lot of options added, someone who has had an Escape previously, or any other reason they want. It is their company. Of course, anyone can complain about anything and maybe they don't want to look unfair and would prefer to look consistent. But it is their decision as to when they do what. They don't owe anyone an earlier trailer in order just because they asked who is interested in getting theirs earlier. But, of course, you know all of that!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #24

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Well, that's a really weird comment to make, KarenH. I've commented before that I was frustrated over this situation and others had some suggestions on why that happened. Now the reason is known and it wasn't what others had suggested.

And it's not like everything else involved in the trailers has been discussed and talked about in great detail on this forum. Many of them multiple times.

To quote from their site (which means it's not a great secret and it's out in the open)

"Our production schedule is filled in a sequential order ..."

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #25

Laura, you will likely get your trailer earlier now. And I know you will be ecstatic.

The reason they say that the schedule is filled in sequential order is because they did not do that for years. We could look at the exact schedule of what dates they were manufacturing what model and pick any date in the future, leaving many unfilled dates. (Guess what, lots of folks skipped January, February, March. There were winter sales of $1000 off. Note that the last opening of orders started with January dates.) They obviously decided that that way of doing things was not as good as sequential. That has nothing to do with moving people up. But you will probably be moved now.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Karen is right, ETI is a privately held company and can do as they see fit just like any other privately held company can.
Cheers
Doug
Old 08-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
OK. Color me confused. We just placed an order two weeks ago. Will our trailer look like the pictures on the website? If jot, how do we find out what we have ordered?
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdunca44 View Post
OK. Color me confused. We just placed an order two weeks ago. Will our trailer look like the pictures on the website? If jot, how do we find out what we have ordered?
What model did you order and when will it be ready? If we don't know how much you know and what exactly you are looking at, then it makes it difficult for us to answer. The difference between what you see in any photos and what you will get is probably not much but then that may depend entirely upon you! Congrats on the order!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
It is good to keep in mind that this is a privately held company and their manufacturing processes and decisions are not really subject to public scrutiny or debate.
Absolutely. Well put.

Glad you said this, I am tired of being called snotty for like comments.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
What model did you order and when will it be ready? If we don't know how much you know and what exactly you are looking at, then it makes it difficult for us to answer. The difference between what you see in any photos and what you will get is probably not much but then that may depend entirely upon you! Congrats on the order!
We ordered the Escape 19. Our delivery date is Aug 27. All we know are the pictures on the website and a personal visit to the factory 2 years ago.
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:06 PM   #31

Quote:
We ordered the Escape 19. Our delivery date is Aug 27. All we know are the pictures on the website and a personal visit to the factory 2 years ago.
You will be getting the 2017 models. I believe most of the photos on the Escape site are up to date now.

Congrats on your order. You will love it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #32

Quote:
You will probably notice that there are some changes. You will be getting what you see in the photos. The sides of the trailer are now flat, not rounded as you saw when you visited. You see that there is a new door with a regular screen door. Some finishes on appliances are now different as is the awning. You have window choices and many other possible options so it will still basically be what you want. Have fun with the option choices.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I thought people who had ordered were offered a choice to take the 2017 model with more standard features, but at more cost, or to stick with the 2016 design.
Only the purchaser would know what they opted to do.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I thought people who had ordered were offered a choice to take the 2017 model with more standard features, but at more cost, or to stick with the 2016 design.
He ordered 2 weeks ago, so would be getting the 2017 model. Only those that ordered last year for this production year get the option of either. At least I think that is how it works.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #35

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
On Escape's website, going to 19 ft trailer, the first photo you see is the classic model. Scroll down to pictures. All the pictures that show up there are from the new design.
Congratulations!! You will be very happy!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:35 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Maybe that is correct. I thought that that was a temporary thing. I may be wrong then. I thought it was people who had ordered previously and limited to this year. Someone else can tell us maybe. If anyone ordering for all pick-ups dates in 2017 can get a classic, I did not know that. Is that what you are saying?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
He ordered 2 weeks ago, so would be getting the 2017 model. Only those that ordered last year for this production year get the option of either. At least I think that is how it works.
Thought so. Whew. Thought I just misinformed people greatly. Thank you.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:49 PM   #38

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
As usual Jim is right. Though people only got a choice when their production date was after the new design of their size trailer came into production. Would people opt for the new design and willing to wait, was offered also.
This all only for 2016, ordered last year.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #39

Trailer: No RV for now.
Quote:
Absolutely. Well put.

Glad you said this, I am tired of being called snotty for like comments.
First, concerning Karen's comment about ETI being a private company and they are free to run their company in any way they want; you are totally right. However, the public has the option to peruse the Internet to look for "reviews" before making a purchase. The Escape Forum is one source that I am sure many perspective customers would look at before deciding to purchase. If I were considering a purchase and happened upon this thread, I would seriously question why someone (ie. Laura) simply voicing concerns and asking questions about why others were being bumped up to earlier completion dates and she was not given that same option, resulted in such negative reactions and responses by others on the forum. Laura was not being negative; she was simply stating facts and asking questions and was, and in my opinion, treated very unfairly and negatively (almost in a bully-like manner) by some of the staunch Escape supporters. The reactions to her questions were much more negative than any of her statements. This is not the first time she has been treated in this manner.
I can totally relate to some of Laura's frustrations as we dealt with similar situations ourselves over the years in our dealings with ETI (after having purchased five Escape trailers between 2004 and 2015). No company is perfect, we all make mistakes, but the reality is that most people today making a large purchase will do a sizable amount of research before making a big investment. I think they deserve the truth. Some negative experiences with any given company are not going to take the company under, but it is a given that if the company cares about the public opinion concerning their product, they will want to make it right when a customer has concerns or problems. For current owners to come down on every one who "complains" about ETI and their products or service, does not present the greatest image to prospective buyers.
Sorry, but when I see someone being bullied, it is hard to just stand by and not say something.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 PM   #40

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
"We ordered the Escape 19. Our delivery date is Aug 27. All we know are the pictures on the website and a personal visit to the factory 2 years ago."

I'm retired and old. How was I to know what today's date was? I thought he was taking delivery soon. Didn't realize soon was a couple days ago.