The Classic- Not many left to Hatch! - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #61

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Steve, that makes a lot of sense. I'm sure Reace is anxious to finish with and move the "classic" molds to make more space in the production facility. It also then lets all the production crew move to the new product line and let them get used to new methods/designs that much sooner.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #62
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Hello

There is a push to get all of the 2016 models built, so those units will definitely receive the first option to move up in production. There is approximately 30 'Classic's' left to be built. Aside from that, the office does have a plan for moving completion dates up, however as Laura mentioned, when she switched from a 2016 model to a 2017 model, the note to move her completion date up was not moved with it. Our error...Tammy has apologized for this mistake and she is working to move Laura up.

As soon as we get this expansion completed, all of the dates will begin to move up!

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #63

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Thank you Reace, for this clarification! Most people will and do understand things are not easy for ETI this production year! "After rain comes sunshine". Sun is peaking through for you guys already!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #64
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This group is capable of answering lots of questions when people have issues or problems. What we can't do is answer for ETI when it comes to the wheres and whys of their production schedule.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #65

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This group is capable of answering lots of questions when people have issues or problems. What we can't do is answer for ETI when it comes to the wheres and whys of their production schedule.
And what other RV brand's forum has as much direct input/answers from the owners of the company like we see here often?

Thanks Reace, Tammy and Crew for being the friendly competent people you are!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
production dates

That's welcome news for me and all the other's with completion dates nearly a year out. Really nice to hear it from the horse's mouth. Happy days are here again.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #67

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We are scheduled to pick up our "classic" 19 on Nov. 4th. Excited the date is finally coming around. Were originally scheduled for Dec. 22nd.

Paul & Karen
pcrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #68

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
He ordered 2 weeks ago, so would be getting the 2017 model. Only those that ordered last year for this production year get the option of either. At least I think that is how it works.
We axed about getting a 2017 21 instead of the 2016 back in June for a July 11, 2016 pick up. We were told no problem. You just have to wait another year.
We are quite happy with our 2016. We thought we were right on the border line of ETI starting production of 2017 21s.

Jim, I don't consider you snotty. I appreciate your comments and helpfulness to forum members.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #69

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wow, only approx 30 classics left to go down the line. Wonder who the last ones will be??
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #70

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Wow, only approx 30 classics left to go down the line. Wonder who the last ones will be??
My classic 2016 5.0 TA, in storage at Escape Trailer Industries, is up for sale. Details will be posted tomorrow. Go to jolljerry for pictures.
Jollyjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #71

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Double WOW! What a productive company!! That many classics, followed by the 2017's. A very good year for Reace, Tammy and the team.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:15 PM   #72

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
Thank you so much Linda for putting into words exactly what I was thinking. Fwiw, I very much agree with your statement. Nobody should be "chastised" because they question a company's business practices, public or private- good, bad or ugly, it's all part of the conversation. And I've noticed myself this isn't the first time. So Laura, please don't let the crotchety farts get you down I quite like your contributions to this forum
Well will try this again the censors are busy today . I hate any form of bulling . Also besides quality control , someone needs to fix Escape's website . Showing trailers that are not going to be made any longer "Classic" shouldn't be on website without a disclaimer . Why are they mixed with the new trailers ? Just saying . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:26 PM   #73

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
What censorship are you referring to? Have any posts disappeared? I'm not going to read them all for a third time to discover that there has been no censorship.
And, I'm not going to read them all again to find that there has been no bullying, just a difference of opinion.
And, that's my opinion.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #74

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
... someone needs to fix Escape's website . Showing trailers that are not going to be made any longer "Classic" shouldn't be on website without a disclaimer . Why are they mixed with the new trailers ? Just saying . Pat
Right, even though the last of the "classics" have not yet been built, one cannot be ordered - they are no longer offered for sale. There's nothing wrong with that... you probably can't order most 2016 model year cars, either.

The big issue for a potential buyer is that there is no reasonable way to know which information on the Escape Trailer Industries website is correct, and which is outdated. Sadly, I would suggest to buyers that they do not believe anything (specs, features, options, photos) without individually confirming each bit of information which matters to them.

Managing online information has certainly been difficult for Escape staff, and I do sympathize with the challenge of publishing complete and correct information in a changing environment.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #75

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
What censorship are you referring to? Have any posts disappeared? I'm not going to read them all for a third time to discover that there has been no censorship.
Yes, at least two posts have disappeared. Pat (of PatandLinda) had commented how ETI's web site shows photos of both the old style and the new style and how it should reflect the current style that folks can order. Anyone going to their website should be able to see the style of trailer they can order, not what they can't get. I'm paraphrasing here, but that was the general idea.

I copied his post and said that I agree and that ETI's web site should be the first source of reference for anyone wanting to order. And how it's hard to find things on this site when you do a search as lots of hits come up. I also questioned if someone new to this forum would even know what to look for. I continued by saying that I run my own web site and it's very easy to update it and with today's software anyone should be able to do the same. I'm paraphrasing again.

But, I guess since Pat and I were making disparaging remarks about ETI, one of the moderators decided to remove both of those posts. I'm unable to find my reply by checking through my recent posts. However, someone subscribed to this thread may have gotten one or both of those posts in their individual emails. I know that's happened to me before. A post will show up in my email as being part of a thread, but when I go to look for it, it's gone. Either they removed it or a moderator did for some reason or another.

So, that's what Pat is referring to. Yes, there has been some censorship going on. I was recently reminded (in a PM) that this forum is not a democracy and the moderators are able to do this sort of thing at their will, including kicking people off if they want to.

It's rather sad when someone points out something that anyone in their right mind would agree with (that their website should be up to date with their photos) and is censored for it.

Oh, and now I see that Brian B-P has basically agreed with Pat's post about their web site. Will his post be removed as well? Will this post be removed?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:04 PM   #76

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Moderators are expected to send a PM to a member who's post has been removed, explaining the action taken.
I'm no longer on the site team so I can't explain, nor am I paying close attention.
As for ETI's website, it's been mentioned before that it costs money each time you make a change, if you are paying somebody to do the work. I expect that ETI waits until they have significant changes to make and then do them all at once.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #77

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Worth reading:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/mi...ork&page=rules

From the above, Section "Be Courteous", Bullet 9
Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #78

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
(snip) As for ETI's website, it's been mentioned before that it costs money each time you make a change, if you are paying somebody to do the work. I expect that ETI waits until they have significant changes to make and then do them all at once.
The software programs available aren't super expensive and someone can put together a very nice website on their own these days without any coding knowledge. In my deleted post I mentioned that I use Ecwid and Weebly for my site. I have more pages than you get for free (with Weebly), but it's well worth the cost to get unlimited pages. Sure, it may take a while to set it up, but once it's set up it's very, very easy to make changes and add/delete photos and anything else you want to.

They're already making changes when they update the production schedule or the delivery schedule. And, as "they" say, you have to spend money to make money or some such thing.

and when you have incorrect information, it does tend to make folks wonder what's going on. Good example off the top of my head - for the 17A there's a photo of a bathroom. Yeah, the bathroom.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:16 PM   #79

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
Worth reading:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/mi...ork&page=rules

From the above, Section "Be Courteous", Bullet 9
Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
I'd say that about covers it. Live every day as if it were your last, one day you will be right.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:22 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
?..Live every day as if it were your last, one day you will be right.
Dave
Best line of the week Dave. I award you a homebrew for that one.