The Classic- Not many left to Hatch! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Noble Nest" 2016 Escape 21
The Classic- Not many left to Hatch!

As 2016 rolls into the final 4 months, the production of the "Classic" design comes to it's final stage. Those who follow this forum have seen several of the new 2017 model roll out and they are a great design and look. Hat's off to Tammy, Reace, and crew for a great job.

Our 21' is due for completion Oct.7th and we decided in the end to stick with the "Classic" design. So I thought I would throw it out to the members to see who will be getting the last "Classic" in each of the 4 models. (If they wish to disclose that info).

It will be a milestone for ETI, and the owner of that trailer, as it will be a special time for all involved.

Cheers,
Ken
kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
It would be interesting to know how many stayed with 2016 or went with the 2017 model. I once asked Reace about it and he said not as many as they thought had switched over.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
We are picking up our classic 5.0TA on September 20!
Old 08-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I once asked Reace about it and he said not as many as they thought had switched over.
This does not surprise me in that once a decision and a deposit have been made, a clear vision of the expected trailer is firmly implanted in one's brain and the planning begins. Let the manufacturer change one little thing and watch out. Think furnaces, drawers, awnings, etc., and (in my case) switching the refrigerator from one side of the trailer to the other. Yikes.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
My brother, who's 19 is due early November went with the 2017 design, but i knew he would when he got one of the last spots last December.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I think everyone will be happy with their build type, no matter a classic or 2nd generation. I haven't seen anything that makes me regret that I bought earlier. I like the shape of Ten Forward, the dual-pane slider windows, the screen door... absolutely everything.

Okay, never did get that self-cleaning exterior wash and wax or the built in vacuum system. I can deal as I continue to make memories.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
It would be interesting to know how many stayed with 2016 or went with the 2017 model. I once asked Reace about it and he said not as many as they thought had switched over.
Not surprising at all. It was too drastic on some of the changes for those who had made plans on a trailer already. Time will tell whether the changes pan out or not. For us, we agree totally with Donna and we love the one we're with.
It will be interesting to see folks post whether they stayed with classic or changed to new and who will have the last classic produced!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
It all comes down to personal preference. The new sleek design with its more modern look, or the classy look of the classic. Both top of the line trailers! People have different tastes, different expectations, different life styles, different views.
Glad though, we had a choice. With making our own decision which one we wanted, we sure can say that we are Happy classy campers! (since Aug 9th) No regrets, no what ifs.
We will probably not have the last classic 19, but we do have one from the last year in production. Just as all other costumers that were in the same pickle (or not).
Wishing everyone, new or old, a "Happy Escape"!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think everyone will be happy with their build type, no matter a classic or 2nd generation. I haven't seen anything that makes me regret that I bought earlier. I like the shape of Ten Forward, the dual-pane slider windows, the screen door... absolutely everything.

Okay, never did get that self-cleaning exterior wash and wax or the built in vacuum system. I can deal as I continue to make memories.
Donna D............Creating a time capsule of memories!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:35 PM   #10

Trailer: Sold 2016 17B / looking for another
I had the option of sticking with the 2016 but went with the new 2017 style for the following reasons:

#1 - better R-value with the additional insulation and thermal windows package. Our plans for the trailer include lots of shoulder season camping, often without power. The warmer the trailer is, the better.

#2 - streamlined look of the new awning, although we did specify 'manual awning'

#3 - frameless windows, hoping the known potential problems are outweighed by the reduced tendency to conduct cold inside the unit (see #1)

#4 - as many have pointed out, Reace makes changes for valid reasons and our assumption is the new style has other subtle improvements. And of course the classics are awesome already.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We went with the "Classic" and picked ours up in July 13th. I think like Greg said, " too drastic on some of the changes for those who had made plans on a trailer already." We knew what we wanted and the look we wanted so there was no change for us. Also, I wanted a manual awning and although I must admit I would probably use the new electric more often. Besides the fact that a new Escape costs an extra $4,000 we liked the look of the classic. No regrets, besides if we want a new Escape we can always buy one in the distant future.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #12

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
classic vs 2nd gen

We really didn't have a choice .we signed up 4/1/16 and got a Jan 4th date . We told ETI we would like to be moved up if possible ? Within a month or so we got moved up to Dec and then Nov 8th ? I guess there were some cancellations ? I've told Tammy the sooner the better .Our build sheet is done and it's all paid for .I like the look of the Classics for sure with the aircraft style door and more rounded shape . What i like about the the next gen is the the built in screen door and flat door what an improvement I think it will be easier for ETI to build and less call backs with the screen .Also I do like the elec. awning since we never had one before . Whatever style you have it's Great just get out and use it . Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
...besides if we want a new Escape we can always buy one in the distant future.
Little does my wife know about the 2021 5.0TA I have on order....
Old 08-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #14

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Planning on the third-generation 5.0TA?
What do you think the exchange rate will be by then? No, wait - please don't answer!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:49 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Planning on the third-generation 5.0TA?
What do you think the exchange rate will be by then? No, wait - please don't answer!

Third generation eh? Considering how long the first gen lasted, I should think the second would last at least 8-10 years! But, with Reace always improving the product, who knows?
Old 08-28-2016, 10:57 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
"Past Pull"?
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
"Past Pull"?
Oh my! Hadn't thought of that! There's just no way I could come up with another trailer name as clever as my current one. A rare moment where everything aligned.

Now you've got me rethinking this whole "new trailer in a few years" thing.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:22 PM   #18

Trailer: Sold 2016 17B / looking for another
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
What i like about the the next gen is the the built in screen door and flat door what an improvement I think it will be easier for ETI to build and less call backs with the screen.
You reminded me of my Reason #5 - traveling with cats. The rigid screen door of the 2017 build will keep the little varmints contained better than the old-style retractable door on tracks. When we saw the ETI display 5.0TA trailer with the classic screen door, we thought "Nope they will figure out how to wriggle under that in 5 minutes flat."
Old 08-29-2016, 01:18 AM   #19

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Classic all the way

no regrets
Old 08-29-2016, 02:58 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
no regrets

I ordered a 2015 Classic 17A and took delivery in Feb. 2016. I must say that I am delighted with my trailer. Very importantly, more so than choosing between the Classic design or the 2017 model, is how easy it was to work with Tammy and Reace and the ETI staff. I got a trailer that exceeded my expectations, draws lots of attention where ever I go - makes me so proud to show it off, and everything works. What more could I ask?

I think its more important to get out there and camp. Turn off your TV, turn off your radio ... get outside and notice how very lucky we all are to live in the countries that we do and have the natural wonders to enjoy.

The worst day out camping beats the hell out of the best day you ever had at work .... or something like that.

I have no regrets!

Tom