Too late to the party! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Too late to the party!

Hey! Been trolling trailer sites/forums all over since retiring 4 years ago and think we've finally settled on getting an Escape 5.0TA. But it looks like the wait goes on! I guess it's a testament to quality and value that it looks like if we can hang in it will be 2017 at the earliest! Impressed with the quality of information and helpful advice on this forum, too! Looking forward to being an owner someday! Does anyone ever sell their place in line, LOL!!!
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome, Tford!

You have made a good choice. They are moving into additional space so maybe it is possible there will be a few more 2016's made.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Hi Tford. Always better late than never. Get your order in when they start taking them and then you will have time to do your research and get the perfect build sheet. We could have had our trailer in 7 or 8 months but ordered it out for a year in advance and that year just flew by. You'll have it before you know it. Plus Escape is always refining and improving their product so who knows what improvements and options will be offered. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome aboard.

I would send in the $500 deposit as soon as they will allow. Not certain, but even though they are not doing any production scheduling for 2017 yet, will they still allow a deposit to hold a spot to be determined?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
What Cathy and Jim said.......Definitely worth a call to escape to see if they will take your $500 as a place holder. The production schedule is often accelerated to less than 12 months. Good Luck and Welcome!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
Hey! Been trolling trailer sites/forums all over since retiring 4 years ago and think we've finally settled on getting an Escape 5.0TA. But it looks like the wait goes on! I guess it's a testament to quality and value that it looks like if we can hang in it will be 2017 at the earliest! Impressed with the quality of information and helpful advice on this forum, too! Looking forward to being an owner someday! Does anyone ever sell their place in line, LOL!!!
Hi: Tford... Late to the party usually means no hangover!!! Hard to believe "Escape Hatch II" is a year and a half old already. She was #2 off the line. Many changes and custom work done on the 5.0TA now. Taking her out tomorrow for her first bearing repack and brake adjust. Time really does fly by!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
021.jpg   IMG_20150831_175220.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #7

Highly doubt they are taking deposits as that would be orders.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:30 PM   #8

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
We're waiting too. Here's part of the email response we got from Escape back in September:

"The 2017 Production Schedule will be released in January 2016. Please check back on the website (Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia) for updates. At this time we are not keeping a waiting list or accepting deposits for new trailers.

When we begin taking orders we require a non-refundable $500 deposit which can be processed over the phone with a credit card. Full payment for the trailer is due on or before your completion date."
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
We're waiting too. Here's part of the email response we got from Escape back in September:

"The 2017 Production Schedule will be released in January 2016. Please check back on the website (Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia) for updates. At this time we are not keeping a waiting list or accepting deposits for new trailers.

When we begin taking orders we require a non-refundable $500 deposit which can be processed over the phone with a credit card. Full payment for the trailer is due on or before your completion date."
It appears they won't do a 2017 schedule until after renovations in the spring. From their website

We hope to complete all renovations by late Spring 2016 at which time we will be able to release our 2017 Production Schedule and hopefully offer some additional completion dates to our 2016 Production Schedule.
We will be providing updates and photos as new information becomes available.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #10

Yes, it looks as if they are not taking orders until spring but when they do, maybe there will be a few more spots for 2016 orders.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Yep, we asked and they told us politely (but firmly) that orders will be taken sometime in the Spring of 2016.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #12

That's the same answer we got when we asked where to send the deposit. I'll admit I was pretty surprised after reading all the glowing customer service reviews that they weren't keeping an email/phone or contact list for future interested parties. "Keep watching the website" is a funny way to keep up with folks wanting to give you $500, then $30K. At the very least they could have a dated contact list and give folks one shot for a slot when the time comes. But I guess they are so popular that the next one will be sold easily enough. That doesn't last forever, though, better to keep up with those interested parties. So we wait.....
Old 12-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
That's the same answer we got when we asked where to send the deposit. I'll admit I was pretty surprised after reading all the glowing customer service reviews that they weren't keeping an email/phone or contact list for future interested parties. "Keep watching the website" is a funny way to keep up with folks wanting to give you $500, then $30K. At the very least they could have a dated contact list and give folks one shot for a slot when the time comes. But I guess they are so popular that the next one will be sold easily enough. That doesn't last forever, though, better to keep up with those interested parties. So we wait.....
Hi: Tford... I know it's difficult to hurry up and wait but I'm also sure that running ETI is like juggling daggers. You have to keep your eyes on the handles.
The long wait will be worth it... in the end. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #14

Quote:

That would be putting people in line as if they had a right to order first according to when they contacted Escape. Others may be looking at the forum and waiting until orders are open again and may have never contacted them, or maybe did so after many months.

Or all contacts would need to be contacted at exactly the same time, else it was not done fairly.

This way your place does not depend on ETI trying to contact you. You were not home or did not get the message or the contact was changed or wrong or whatever, but you expect them to then put you in your "proper" place in line. They may have heard that before. That might be one reason that they are not going to try to contact people. There is just no practical fair way to do it.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #15

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
At least it's not as bad as back in the 90's when Harley Davidson sales were running wild. There were quite a few people getting spots on dealer waiting lists just to sell them. It ticked off people who actually wanted a bike and it caused headaches for the dealers too. I got offered (but didn't take) $2k for my spot, from a guy who admitted that someone had offered him $3k for a spot but he had already sold his "last one".
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:48 AM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
People are fickle. Want it now, change their minds about what they want, etc. etc. More than one person has refused to wait even after getting on a list or stand in line for something. Putting the onus on the buyer is the best/fairest thing ETI can do.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
That would be putting people in line as if they had a right to order first according to when they contacted Escape. Others may be looking at the forum and waiting until orders are open again and may have never contacted them, or maybe did so after many months.

Or all contacts would need to be contacted at exactly the same time, else it was not done fairly.

This way your place does not depend on ETI trying to contact you. You were not home or did not get the message or the contact was changed or wrong or whatever, but you expect them to then put you in your "proper" place in line. They may have heard that before. That might be one reason that they are not going to try to contact people. There is just no practical fair way to do it.
Well, it's not rocket science to state on the website(s) that a waiting list is being made for future production. Emails are date and time stamped, and calls can be logged, with reliable contact information for the individual. Upcoming production is predictable, and you can draw from this list to contact folks in advance to see if they are still interested and collect deposits. I may not check the website EVERY day, and if I don't and production opens up, after a day or so I may be out of luck for another year....
Old 12-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #18

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Hi Tford,
We are just down I10 from you off Boerne Stage Rd and we have a 19. If you want to visit and talk Escapes just let me know, will be glad to help out.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #19

Thanks a bunch, Steve! We actually just met with a great owner like yourself with a brand new 5.0TA in Bandera! It is a beautiful unit and I'm sold on the company and their product.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Upcoming production is predictable.....
Actually, I imagine this is one of their biggest issues, as production is not predictable at this time. They are undergoing major renovations and adding additional production facilities. Until they are certain when this will be complete, and what their full potential will be, I imagine it would be nearly impossible to judge what the future production schedule would be. Not only will they likely be able to adjust the 2016 schedule, they will also be able to then have a better idea what the 2017 schedule will be.

I am sure they have put good thought into how to best serve their customers, and deal with the future production schedules. The way they are doing it is the most fair. As Cathy eluded to, there are likely a bunch of people who saw the first notice, and will not even check back before early 2016, let alone contact Escape with their wishes. It would be unfair that someone today came along with a request, and got ahead of them in the production schedule.

They can only produce trailers at a rate their facilities allow, and whether or not someone got on a list today, or early in 2016, would make no matter.

I think folks just need to be patient, as the wait will be well worth it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote