Towing wt concerns - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #1

Trailer: Deposit down on 21ft
Towing wt concerns

We are looking at purchasing the 19ft or 21ft Escape trailer. Our TV is the Buick Enclave 3.6 liter with toe pkg. Max TGVW is 9700 lbs. Does anyone have a similar vehicle and what is your experience?
B&B Prytula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Our 2016 Highlander XLE had a GCWR of 9828# and 5000# tow capacity. We don't travel with a lot of extra goodies, so we were always able to stay under that GCWR. Our 21' loaded for trip as we travel is right around 4100#.

I'm not one who believes I need to be able to climb the steepest mountain passes at 75mph, but we never had any trouble keeping up with traffic or any other problems in the mountains of BC. We also live in the relatively flat Midwest and that is where we end up spending the vast majority of our towing. If I lived in Colorado my decision might be different.

IowaDave and Leon have MANY more miles with their same configurations and are more than happy with the combination. Maybe one of them will care to comment.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote