Upgrading from vintage trailer - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2022, 11:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 82 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofamily View Post
We are a family of 4 (kids are about the same age) that went from a 17’ Casita to a 21’ Escape. You may need a different tow vehicle for the 21’ but I think you will really appreciate the space with growing children. This is especially true if the kids become teens and plan to keep sleeping inside the trailer and not in a tent.

When our kids were young and it rained, even the 17’ was tight because we were all on top of each other. Now when it rains, we can set up the table and sit around or lounge on the permanent bed… or do both! There’s more space overall and we can comfortably get past each other between the kitchen and the fridge. Couldn’t squeeze by the bunk beds and the stove in the Casita!

Hats off to you for camping as a family of 4 in a 13’ trailer! I don’t think I would’ve survived one family camping trip.
The only reason it still works is the kids only known alternatives are tents and one week in a vanagon. Ignorance is bliss!
hshakeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Tents

Last summer we camped with our kids and grandkids for several days. Although my oldest daughter has a nice and very large tent, the oldest grandson who was 13 at the time preferred to stay in the smaller Eureka timberline. The prediction by Mr Baglo that as kids get to the teen years they want their own space came true. Another small point of pride for grandpa. The smaller one will be 5 in May and ready to go out on his own by this summer. He’s a rascal.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
2ECF18E3-F022-4DA7-8197-982F240E7ED5.jpg   F9BF8EAD-B275-449C-879E-CBFFAF242392.jpg  
Old 02-03-2022, 10:27 PM   #23

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
19+

We live in Mukilteo and have a 21NE. With a family of 4, I'd recommend the 19 at a minimum. When we camp with our 2 grandsons or our 2 granddaughters, the 21 is barely big enough.

Give me a "yell" if you'd like to see our 21NE at any time. We store it in Monroe unless we're getting ready for a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshakeel View Post
Hi all!

We just put a deposit down for either a 17B or 19. That will be the topic of our lives for the next 18 months. We are a family of 4 with boys 9 and 11. Our first and current trailer is a 13 foot 1982 Burro (picture below). We love it but are using the Escape production lead time to our advantage - in 1-2 years we will definitely grow out of our Burro. We look forward to a bathroom, a bed that can fit us (current 48” is too small), and much more.

As a Canadian living in Seattle I’m also super happy to support a local business (local defined as within 150 miles)!

Already using this site to understand options and trade offs. Thanks in advance!

Hani
Old 02-26-2022, 11:18 AM   #24

Trailer: 82 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I loved our Burro, despite me always forced to be sleeping in it in the fetal position.
Beautiful picture. I know what you mean about sleeping in the Burro. With two of us it’s more like frozen mummies than fetal position.
hshakeel is offline   Reply With Quote