Waiting for 2023 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2022, 07:08 PM   #1

Trailer: cancelled
Waiting for 2023

Hello all. Greetings from Southeastern Pennsylvania. My wife and I have been researching a number of different RVs over the past couple of years. I was looking at smaller teardrops initially, think Hiker Trailers, but decided having a few more creature comforts would serve us better in the long run. Looked at a number of stick built trailers, and rented one last summer for a family weekend getaway as a test. But, in the end worried that the build quality for those wasn't what we wanted for the amount of money they cost now. And, not too interested in going the used route. So, here we are!

Just placed a deposit, planning on a 21NE. Wanted dual axles, and think that the 21NE is the best layout for us at the moment. Completion date is now October 2023 sometime. That timing works for us. Still lots to learn and options to agonize over.

Have not actually seen an Escape in person except for one sitting in somebody's driveway not too far from Hershey Park when we went to the Hershey RV show in September.

Anybody travel in either 21' model with two reasonably large dogs? We've got a 65lb and 85lber that want to go along for the adventures, too.
Reimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Be patient, grasshopper

So says the Kung Fu seer on TV. But that's all I have for advice.
Wait...maybe there's more!
Research, and be patient.
You'll be surprised and happy when your 2023 day comes about. Until then, do have a look-see, if possible, of an Escape trailer. It doesn't have to be your exact model, or size, but you will learn much, grasshopper, from a 1st person gander.
Coming from a 16' Casita, I'm still tickled to have scored a previously owned 19' Escape...a "classic" 2016. Love 'dem curves on it.
Our 19'er accommodated a 105 lb Golden Retriever quite well, and much better than a 16' Casita. Your 2 dogs will be in the way, all the time, but what's surprising about that? Walk softly, and carry a big treat.

bon voyage,
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 05:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Your 2 dogs will be in the way, all the time, but what's surprising about that?
Very true.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:41 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome John,
To our little Escape world! We pick up our 2022 E19 in May and upon return from the rally would be available for you to take a tour. This will be our 5th Escape, hopefully our last. Three E19's and two E21's!
Old 01-11-2022, 06:45 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Unless u start to run out of propane
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Unless u start to run out of propane
That was once my claim to fame, having owned 4 Escapes and yet to have refilled the propane tanks. I think I will learn on this new one......
Old 01-11-2022, 06:50 AM   #7

Mmmmm dang there goes the you can’t teach an old dog new tricks
Old 01-11-2022, 06:58 AM   #8

There is some truth in the adage "I have forgotten more than you will ever know", but I can not remember it right now!
Old 01-11-2022, 07:11 AM   #9

Amen so true so true
Old 01-11-2022, 08:02 AM   #10
T2S

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
The previous owners of our 21C traveled with 2 very large dogs and they had a great time. So it has been done (likely by many people). They sold the trailer for unrelated reasons. Only you can decide if are comfortable in 21' with your pets. Once you give it a try, you will know. Congrats on your future Escape.
T2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:08 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimj View Post
Anybody travel in either 21' model with two reasonably large dogs? We've got a 65lb and 85lber that want to go along for the adventures, too.

I'll be traveling with 2=3 aussies. I plan on rigging up a legless dinning table for one area. Thinking of doing something with the space under the bed too. But still thinking.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:40 AM   #12

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
Central PA 21D

Quote:
Have not actually seen an Escape in person except for one sitting in somebody's driveway not too far from Hershey Park when we went to the Hershey RV show in September.
Hello ReimJ.

That Escape in the driveway near Hershey Park my be ours. It's a 2018 21C that we purchased from CPAHarely2008 (Jim) last summer.

More than happy to give you a tour if you like. Same size as the 21NE but different layout. You'll get good idea of the trailer though.

You also have Telescopist (Dick) in the Lancaster area who has 21C. May be a little closer for you? He gave us a tour last February and it really sealed the deal for us.

We had a new one on order and then Jim decided to sell his 21C and we were fortunate enough to see the post right away. Used Escape's sell in literally hours.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Escape!!!

Darrell
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:47 AM   #13

trailer showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
Hello ReimJ.

That Escape in the driveway near Hershey Park my be ours. It's a 2018 21C that we purchased from CPAHarely2008 (Jim) last summer.

More than happy to give you a tour if you like. Same size as the 21NE but different layout. You'll get good idea of the trailer though.

You also have Telescopist (Dick) in the Lancaster area who has 21C. May be a little closer for you? He gave us a tour last February and it really sealed the deal for us.

We had a new one on order and then Jim decided to sell his 21C and we were fortunate enough to see the post right away. Used Escape's sell in literally hours.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Escape!!!

Darrell
PS
Sorry Telescopist, not intending to speak for you about showing your trailer. When I looked at what I wrote, may have come out wrong.
Just letting Reimj know there is also one that may be closer if they are interested in showing when it warms up.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:50 AM   #14

Meanwhile, here I sit, trailer less, but planning the trip out for a new E19 in May. I really enjoy Osoyoos and meeting other owners there, it is a sight to behold, all the Escapes lined up, like eggs in a carton!
Old 01-11-2022, 05:37 PM   #15

Thank you Jim and Darrell for the offers to let us see them. Might just take you up on that sometime this summer. I did submit the request for the Escape Ambassador thing too.

Darrell - if you're about 10 minutes from the park it probably was your trailer. We were driving and i did one of those cartoon double takes. Saw the trailer off to the side as we were passing, and then like a second or two later, realized it was an Escape. So that's the closest I've been to one so far!

John
Old 01-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #16

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
We would have got a 21NE, but me hitting my head on the air conditioner getting out of bed and my wife having to crawl over me to get of bed in the middle of the night was the straw that broke the camel's back. 5.0 baby!
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:50 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I travel with 2 large dogs, and I have one piece of advice for your build: get the U-shaped dinette with Lagun table mount. The table can easily and quickly be moved out of the way for dog's access to the dinette seats, and also then the floor in the dinette is wide open for dog access and beds, with nothing in the way. I think it makes it all much more manageable with dogs than the standard setup (which is what I started with, before I converted it)
Old 01-12-2022, 07:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
I travel with 2 large dogs, and I have one piece of advice for your build: get the U-shaped dinette with Lagun table mount. The table can easily and quickly be moved out of the way for dog's access to the dinette seats, and also then the floor in the dinette is wide open for dog access and beds, with nothing in the way. I think it makes it all much more manageable with dogs than the standard setup (which is what I started with, before I converted it)
Oh, good idea. We were already looking at the Lagun setup anyway, this probably clinches it.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2022, 05:58 AM   #19

lagun

Quote:
Oh, good idea. We were already looking at the Lagun setup anyway, this probably clinches it.

Thanks
Converted to the Lagun and it's great. We ordered 2 extra cushions from escape for the filler boards. We use the dining area more as a lounge rather than dining. If the weather gets nasty it's pretty easy to pop in the table top for dining, cards, etc. The dogs love it too.

If I can sneak away from work today, I'll upload some pics
Old 01-13-2022, 09:05 AM   #20

Lagun lounge mode

lounge mode

Attachment 60338
Attachment 60339
Attachment 60340
Attached Images