Want to move up to an Escape 19 or 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021- 5.0
Want to move up to an Escape 19 or 21

Hello,
We have a Casita 16 SD and would like to move up to an Escape some day. Saw my first Escape 19 last month at Huntington Beach State Park in SC and liked what I saw. I'll be researching.
All the best,
David
splicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Hey, we are in the same boat. Theres so much we don't know and so many decisions to make. The forum answers a lot of questions but also raises so many more. Bit overwhelming.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #3

Yes I know. Lots of good information here. You are a whole lot closer to Chilliwack than I am. There was one for sale up the road from you. Happy hunting.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yup when i first started on this site it was overwhelming i ended up buying used because i was so unsure of what i wanted. I do not regret buying used because these trailers really hold their value- so all is good. I'm now moving up to a 5th wheel -5.0 and still have questions but i mostly know what i what. Remember if buying new once you decide which model you want and order you don't have to give them the details -build sheet form- many months- so you have some time to make these decisions.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #5

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Hello,
We have a Casita 16 SD and would like to move up to an Escape some day. Saw my first Escape 19 last month at Huntington Beach State Park in SC and liked what I saw. I'll be researching.
All the best,
David
welcome to Escapes......19 is great!

just curious since you apparently own an older Casita and on another current thread
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...es-9972-2.html
there is a post about "Casitas are notorious for floors going bad" ...did the floor in your 1997 Casita ever rot or go bad?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
yup when i first started on this site it was overwhelming i ended up buying used because i was so unsure of what i wanted. I do not regret buying used because these trailers really hold their value- so all is good. I'm now moving up to a 5th wheel -5.0 and still have questions but i mostly know what i what. Remember if buying new once you decide which model you want and order you don't have to give them the details -build sheet form- many months- so you have some time to make these decisions.
Fox hunt, thanks for the reply and advice. If I find one with the options I want, I may buy used also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
welcome to Escapes......19 is great!

just curious since you apparently own an older Casita and on another current thread
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...es-9972-2.html
there is a post about "Casitas are notorious for floors going bad" ...did the floor in your 1997 Casita ever rot or go bad?
Freespirit, my floor is fine and there are no drain holes. That was an interesting thread, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Hey, we are in the same boat. Theres so much we don't know and so many decisions to make. The forum answers a lot of questions but also raises so many more. Bit overwhelming.
We used to own a Casita 17'

A few things to consider about the escape 19 vs 21

As far as I know:

The 21 is not a ton more $ than the 19'

The 21 is wider by 4" but the different layout and the wider inside "aisle" make the 21 feel a lot more spacious inside, to some people.

The different layouts of 19 vs 21 is hotly debated here.

I myself much prefer the dinette being at the rear, as at most of the campsites we have ever been to the scenery is in that direction. (Out the rear)

Some people really don't like the permanent bed being near the door on a 21' .... but i don't mind it at all.

The bathroom significantly blocks the outside & exterior door from the bed area.

I hope this helps you and also the original poster on this thread.

:-)

John.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
View an Escape in your area

Remember that if you don't live near Chilliwack and want to view one or more models the Escape staff will put you in touch with the owners nearest to you. Just phone the ETI factory to get the contact information. As a bonus you get to meet the owners and ask them about which options they have found to be the most useful, and you get to see any mods they have made.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
I viewed a 19 nearby and was hoping to hate it but the opposite happened. The narrow profile makes it a good fit for us along with the new awning being without the supports. Also need the cot for the kids.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:59 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
I viewed a 19 nearby and was hoping to hate it but the opposite happened.
Yah, me too. I went out to ETI to buy a 17 and made the mistake of looking at the 19 even though I knew I was buying a 17.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #11

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
We were going to buy a Casita after visiting their factory but found ETI on line. Went to Chilliwack to order the 19 but ended up with the 21. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
We used to own a Casita 17'

A few things to consider about the escape 19 vs 21

As far as I know:

The 21 is not a ton more $ than the 19'

The 21 is wider by 4" but the different layout and the wider inside "aisle" make the 21 feel a lot more spacious inside, to some people.

The different layouts of 19 vs 21 is hotly debated here.

I myself much prefer the dinette being at the rear, as at most of the campsites we have ever been to the scenery is in that direction. (Out the rear)

Some people really don't like the permanent bed being near the door on a 21' .... but i don't mind it at all.

The bathroom significantly blocks the outside & exterior door from the bed area.

I hope this helps you and also the original poster on this thread.

:-)

John.
Thanks for that information John. Definitely something to consider.
Dave
Old 04-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
We were going to buy a Casita after visiting their factory but found ETI on line. Went to Chilliwack to order the 19 but ended up with the 21. Loren
Loren,
What were the main selling points that made the 21 stand out?
Dave
Old 04-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #14

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Loren, What were the main selling points that made the 21 stand out? Dave
Speaking for my wife (not Loren), she likes the additional space inside the bath/shower (48" x 31" vs. 40" x 27") and it being located right beside her side of the bed. I like the bed being oriented lengthwise so that I can slide out the foot of the bed without disturbing my wife. Other perks, to me, that have already been mentioned in this thread, and other similar threads previously, include the wider aisle, more counter top space, and what we consider a better view from the dinette when located in the rear.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
We bought both.

There are several other threads that compare the 19' and 21'.

Feel free to call us but do not expect to get us to compare them. I would have to call you back likely.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
As a new member of the Escape family and working now on our Build Sheet for a 19 footer, I too find this site loaded with useful information but can get myself overwhelmed by it. I look for wise owners' input about this option or that mod, Keeping in mind that the right decisions for me are unique to my way of camping. Just don't want to miss the mark and not have that "perfect for me" trailer after all is said and done! I consider myself so fortunate to be able have the opportunity to customize my camper!

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Loren,
What were the main selling points that made the 21 stand out?
Dave
It was the extra room, the bigger bathroom, more counter space, etc. And when Cathy saw the 21 over the 19, that was it. But as I tell everyone, compare them side by side. The 50TA was eliminated because I wanted the pickup box for other things. But it is always what works for you. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #18

Trailer: Looking 2017
For sure. We are in the market for a small, preferably fiberglass trailer, and seeing as we are dual US-CDN citizens, the Escape has caught out attention. And cant wait to go to a gathering in Osoyoos!
ethicsnurse is offline   Reply With Quote