We did it - new 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I wonder what they do if you get 2 shelves in the closet? Digital picture is a good idea....
Old 08-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We aren't getting the microwave so it could be they shortened the microwave cabinet to make room for the small, upper cabinet. I know that cabinet was in earlier models and then ETI discontinued it; however, when I asked about having it put back in, they said it could be installed as an option.
Attached Thumbnails
Cabinet_0014.jpg  

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Creekside
Hello,
We wondered about the custom sink and faucet you mentioned. Could you provide more information? Did you put it in or was it done through the factory? What about the reinforced walls? We are looking at a 21 seriously and trying to decide on options as well. A larger sink - or better yet a double sink would be attractive. We also wondered if you can get the monitor panel moved. One of us is short and will not be able to see it above the fridge. Thanks!
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
We aren't getting the microwave so it could be they shortened the microwave cabinet to make room for the small, upper cabinet. I know that cabinet was in earlier models and then ETI discontinued it; however, when I asked about having it put back in, they said it could be installed as an option.
I went back and forth on this $300 option, thinking it was lost usable space I finally got a clear answer today from Joldie, the standard set up without the microwave is the closet and the microwave cabinet that is open all the way to the padded ceiling, so that space is inside the cabinet and is accessible and usable, just not seen. If you add the extra door, the microwave space is made smaller, there is now an added ceiling which is the floor of the above small cabinet. Here are 2 pictures of the standard and the modified one, you can see the standard microwave door is level with the refrigerator door but lower in the 3 cabinet set up...I plan on adding an interior upper shelf inside the cabinet myself if the need arises.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Creekside
I was also wondering if anyone has put in a convection microwave and if so, how that worked out. Thanks for your help!
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #26

I know of some owners with convection oven but they are not mounted inside a cabinet, probably due to their higher heat issues. They sit them on the countertops...
Old 08-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #27

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I went back and forth on this $300 option, thinking it was lost usable space I finally got a clear answer today from Joldie, the standard set up without the microwave is the closet and the microwave cabinet that is open all the way to the padded ceiling, so that space is inside the cabinet and is accessible and usable, just not seen. If you add the extra door, the microwave space is made smaller, there is now an added ceiling which is the floor of the above small cabinet. Here are 2 pictures of the standard and the modified one, you can see the standard microwave door is level with the refrigerator door but lower in the 3 cabinet set up...I plan on adding an interior upper shelf inside the cabinet myself if the need arises.
I'm not actually sure that the microwave cabinet is actually smaller. If you look at the pictures, you will see that the space below the wardrobe disappears. I think that the wardrobe and microwave cabinet move down to allow a slightly bigger cabinet at the top. We are in discussion with Joldie about this option as well, although a further slight modification to it.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:02 PM   #28

Yes I see that now, everything drops down a little. I wonder though if the space inside that lower cabinet is higher, If I remember, one of those bottom cabinets could fit some tall items since there was no inside cabinet top, just open space to the wheel well space.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #29

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19
Quote:
All I know is that in side the dark closet makes it impossible to read with my aging eyes, on the door there is more light and I can also use a magnifying glass to read those small numbers if need be.If need be, I'll just peel it off and relocate it there, that is what I have done on my past Escapes.
What i do is take photos of these hard to read labels and store them in my smart phone that way I can zoom in on them like a magnifying glass. I keep them all in a folder called "Escape Photos" on my smart phone. Works great for me.
JimHol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Yes I see that now, everything drops down a little. I wonder though if the space inside that lower cabinet is higher, If I remember, one of those bottom cabinets could fit some tall items since there was no inside cabinet top, just open space to the wheel well space.
Jim, in the standard wardrobe of the 21, there is a space, maybe about 4 or 5 inches deep, I guess that is part of the hanging space. In this modification that space disappears. Also in the standard microwave cabinet (if you don't have the microwave which we aren't), apparently there is no top, it just opens to the ceiling.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #31
Rgb

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Favorites in our build : inverter, solar, (really like that we can use the microwave-shorter duration but that's what we use it for), TV, DVD, Stereo, dual 6 V batteries, front storage box, exterior shower. We are so enjoying our 21
Rgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Jim, in the standard wardrobe of the 21, there is a space, maybe about 4 or 5 inches deep, I guess that is part of the hanging space. In this modification that space disappears. Also in the standard microwave cabinet (if you don't have the microwave which we aren't), apparently there is no top, it just opens to the ceiling.
So you are saying that in the standard set up, there is a drop inside the closet that drops down to the lower cabinet located underneath it, like a 4" lip at the bottom inside?
Old 08-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #33

Trailer: 2019---21'
Spray Foam Insul and 12v Heat Pads--Necessary ??

Most of our camping will be in mild to warmer areas; would like to save the extra expense for the captioned options. Any ideas, issues, etc to consider ? Gil
k4zvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4zvu View Post
Most of our camping will be in mild to warmer areas; would like to save the extra expense for the captioned options. Any ideas, issues, etc to consider ? Gil
Dual paned windows and extra insulation package for sure. AC of course for hot weather. We like the factory solar and dual 6V batteries, does a good job of keeping our batteries up when we boondock. Also we love the storage box.

When we were finalizing our build sheet, we put all the options we had any interest in under three categories: might be nice to have, really nice to have, and must have. After the must haves were taken care of, the rest was just looking at the budget and figuring the best combination of value for price paid. I think it worked well. To this day, there's really not a single option we don't have that we wish we'd added.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #35

Quote:
So you are saying that in the standard set up, there is a drop inside the closet that drops down to the lower cabinet located underneath it, like a 4" lip at the bottom inside?
Yes I am. Joldie can probably send you a picture. We are going to the factory next week if you need any other photos.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Yes I am. Joldie can probably send you a picture. We are going to the factory next week if you need any other photos.
Please do, that little door over the microwave is causing a lot of temptation but at the expense of what is behind door#1 or #2 or #3.....
Old 08-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Perhaps Chris and Pat can peek inside ours and take some photos of the interior closet(s). That way, you'd have a side-by-side comparison. Shouldn't be a problem ... just tell them you want to see inside the King's 21'.

Here's a build photo that shows the bottom of our large cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Week 4a Dining Area.jpg  

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Perhaps Chris and Pat can peek inside ours and take some photos of the interior closet(s). That way, you'd have a side-by-side comparison. Shouldn't be a problem ... just tell them you want to see inside the King's 21'.

Here's a build photo that shows the bottom of our large cabinet.
They don't seem as willing to let you do tour anymore, and by the time next Wednesday comes round, it might be all done up. Anyway, I can but ask.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #39

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I was also wondering if anyone has put in a convection microwave and if so, how that worked out. Thanks for your help!
See this thread for a built-in convection microwave:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...fits-9479.html
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote