We just ordered!!! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by moments View Post
We also placed our order for a 21 yesterday for July 2014 completion date. I'm sure we also will have questions as will complete the build sheet. We live near Erie, Pennsylvania.
Be sure and place yourself on the map, welcome to Pennsylvania Escapees
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...bed&dg=feature
Old 11-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #22

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tash View Post
I would love the built in vacuum! I am an OCD vacuumer!

And just so we wouldn't get bored during the wait, we purchased a new tow vehicle today! The completion date can't get here soon enough! Now we need to be patient and not spend any more money...
Hi Tash,
What did you buy to tow your 21?
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
Hello Moments.

Welcome to Escape. We live somewhat close in NJ and are awaiting a July Completion on our 21. When are you done and let's talk about combining delivery, there is another unit headed for maryland in July as well....PM me with info and we can talk
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Hi Tash,
What did you buy to tow your 21?
We bought a Dodge Ram 1500--just picked it up today!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
New Escape in Future?

Going to view a Escape this morning. Surprised to see how long it takes to get one. We will have to see if it is worth the wait.
Looking for answers to delivery experiences and what we can expect in price negotiaion.

Any help will be appreciated.
Paul and Marsha
Gainesville GA
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #26

There is no price negotiation with new from the factory. There maybe some buying used. The long wait is due to the high demand, I hear it takes up to 9-12 months to order a new Harley Davidson and you # in the queue is often sold. You put your name on the Escape calendar after you make up your mind and then the fun begins as you customize it the way you want.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Paul and Marsha, welcome to the EscapeForum! Regarding Escape vs some other brand.. pay attention to the details and where the manufacturer is putting the money. Stick builts look good at first blush and may have lots of bling. If you spend enough time looking at a few, you'll notice the cheesy build. I have a 26 year old Scamp and it's still going strong. I expect to pass my Escape 5er down to my granddaughter as I know it will have "staying power."

Good luck in your hunt!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #28

Paul and Marsha,
Welcome to our little Escape world, one of the things Escape Industries will do, since they have no show rooms nor dealers is put you in touch with someone in your area who may have an Escape. You can also look here on the Escape Owner's Map https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...bed&dg=feature
although not all owners are shown.
Escape works on a referral system, once you own yours, you can show it to others and if they end up buying, you will get a referral fee. I have received 6 referral fees for this year alone, and I have been contacted by others to look at my new unit next year already. These referral fees are similar to a "discount" from the factory, if you wish to call it that. So the more you camp and let others see your Escape, the more discount you will receive.
Just remember to become aware of the best customer service you will ever receive on a new product, that is what Escape offers and you can plan and make changes to the trailer to make it just the way you want it, a custom built trailer for you.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Going to view a Escape this morning. Surprised to see how long it takes to get one. We will have to see if it is worth the wait.
Looking for answers to delivery experiences and what we can expect in price negotiaion.

Any help will be appreciated.
Paul and Marsha
Gainesville GA
Hi: PAB4... Every Escape is worth the wait!!! It takes about 3 weeks from start of mold to finished trailer. The custom work avail. and the fit and finish makes Escapes so desirable. The fact that they last and last is what makes them hold their value.
You always get what you pay for!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #30

Only 239 days until completion for us! Not long now! And that means only 117 days until the final build list is due!

We are still so excited about placing an order! Contemplating build options and figuring out trip plans has been great fun! We are changing up our annual Colorado summer trip to include picking up our 21 in Chilliwack. It will be lots of new scenery!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #31

Tash,
I'm aware of another 21' being delivered next month to Illinois, check out the map and put yourself there also.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Tash,
I'm aware of another 21' being delivered next month to Illinois, check out the map and put yourself there also.
Already done right after we ordered! Thanks!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' OTW
Hi, and grats! We have 180 days and counting. Can someone tell me why they would want the reinforced walls. Question 2, why would someone want so many 12v outlets? Why not use the u-ground plugs with the inverter instead? You'd have to get the transfer switch but that should take care of that. Most devices, phones computers and the like use a u-ground recepticle? I must be missing something here. Could it be an efficiency issue. More draw and the batteries with the inverter, i'm not sure? And at what temp would I ever need the 12v heat pads under the spray foam insul. I like the idea of getting the insul on the bottom but do I really need the 12v heating pads? There is less draw for me to go after anything regarding the esthetics, but more draw for me with anything to do with the functionality of the TT. I don't want to miss something on the TT i'd regret later and I'm a bit of a procrastinator anyway, so I want it set up the way I want it now, except for the easy things to add like a portable stereo or something. I don't like the idea of putting a stereo that would be outdated in a year into a trailer. I'd rather just get a pre-wire, or have a decent portable. I hope someone will chime in and answer some of my questions. Thanks and again congratulations on your purchase. We also purchased the 21, and will be picking ours up May 20th.

Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #34

I'm not sure if this is the right area for the questions, but since i'm here i'll ask anyway. Can someone tell me which tv antenna they have the most luck with. There are two upgrades, one says has power amp, the other is a Jack, which i'd assume also has a power amp. I'm not sure what problems one or the other may cause with height differences on top of the tt.

Does anyone know where the surge protector is located. Is this something that can be added later? 260 for a surge protector seems steep to me. Must be something really nice.

Any comments on the 2 way water heater, I'm thinking this might be a good upgrade also, if used when 120 is available or if using a generator.

Which inverter would someone recommend, wouldn't the 1000 watt be big enough? How fast can someone drain a battery anyway? I would be thinking anything with over a 1000 watt draw while using the batteries would cause a very fast discharge.

I'm asking for myself, but these are the type of questions others may have because of the inexperience with TT's in general.

Thanks All!

Mike
Old 11-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #35

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Question 2, why would someone want so many 12v outlets? Mike
As with most of the options, this one depends solely on your camping lifestyle. I, for one, have only the standard number of outlets that came with the 15 and don't have an inverter other than the small portable one I bought to charge electronic devices:

Amazon.com: Tripp Lite PV375 Portable Auto Inverter 375W 12V DC to AC 120V 5-15R 2 Outlet: Electronics

My television had a 12V input so I bought something similar to this:

Amazon.com: 12V Boombox Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter: Car Electronics

I usually don't have power available when I camp so this was the simplest solution for me. I also don't have any appliances that draw a lot of power so the 300W inverter was good enough for me just for charging devices. Many others on this forum have a goodly number of high-draw appliances that they run so require a built-in inverter.

Again, you'll have to think about your camping lifestyle to determine most of your needs. The great thing about an Escape is that just about any mode of camping can be accommodated!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Any comments on the 2 way water heater, I'm thinking this might be a good upgrade also, if used when 120 is available or if using a generator. Mike
See this thread, Post #4:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...ater-2272.html
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 11-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #37

Trailer: "Teachers' Pet" our 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Hi, and grats! We have 180 days and counting. Can someone tell me why they would want the reinforced walls. ......

....And at what temp would I ever need the 12v heat pads under the spray foam insul. I like the idea of getting the insul on the bottom but do I really need the 12v heating pads? There is less draw for me to go after anything regarding the esthetics, but more draw for me with anything to do with the functionality of the TT.....

Mike
Because the walls are comprised mostly of a thin laminate, you may want to reinforce them to enable you to mount something on them [racks, hooks, etc.]

The heating pads are for very low temperatures to avoid freezing water in the system. Because our temps are reasonably mild where we live, we ordered the spray foam without the heating pads.

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
nealmccarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #38

I'll copy and paste my questions to the right forum. This is a bad spot to ask these question, they'll get lost here. Thanks for your reply Karen

Mike
Old 11-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealmccarter View Post
Because the walls are comprised mostly of a thin laminate, you may want to reinforce them to enable you to mount something on them [racks, hooks, etc.]
You can also choose just to have a specific area reinforced. This side table was blocked in during production:
Attached Thumbnails
Egbert Mem Day 2013B.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 11-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #40

Quote:
Hi, and grats! We have 180 days and counting. Can someone tell me why they would want the reinforced walls. Question 2, why would someone want so many 12v outlets? Why not use the u-ground plugs with the inverter instead? You'd have to get the transfer switch but that should take care of that. Most devices, phones computers and the like use a u-ground recepticle? I must be missing something here. Could it be an efficiency issue. More draw and the batteries with the inverter, i'm not sure? And at what temp would I ever need the 12v heat pads under the spray foam insul. I like the idea of getting the insul on the bottom but do I really need the 12v heating pads? There is less draw for me to go after anything regarding the esthetics, but more draw for me with anything to do with the functionality of the TT. I don't want to miss something on the TT i'd regret later and I'm a bit of a procrastinator anyway, so I want it set up the way I want it now, except for the easy things to add like a portable stereo or something. I don't like the idea of putting a stereo that would be outdated in a year into a trailer. I'd rather just get a pre-wire, or have a decent portable. I hope someone will chime in and answer some of my questions. Thanks and again congratulations on your purchase. We also purchased the 21, and will be picking ours up May 20th.

Mike
Converting 120 v to 12v to charge a 12v item is inefficient when you can directly use the 12v. Only if the item is 120v only would you need the inverter. Most computers and televisions are dc using black boxes converting 120v to 6-14v. The 12v heat pads are thermostatically activated at 40 degrees on/off. But with the foam spray I found I did not need them. In addition, you need to be hooked up as they use a lot of battery juice.
The reinforced walls is for hanging televisions or shelves or any item where you do not want to be limited to finding and only hanging on a stud, if there is one.