Why an Escape trailer - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #41

Trailer: Looking to buy 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We chose the Escape 21 over the 19 because of the increased kitchen counter / storage space . The size of the bed was not a factor and two years later it is still not a factor .
Thanks Steve
ChristineMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:19 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Awhile ago I was chatting to someone that follows the forum far more than I have in the past year plus. The subject of used trailers came up and it was commented that the price of used trailers has dropped due to the much shorter wait time for a new trailer direct from the factory. I don't know if this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me. When you had to wait almost a year to get one, many folks were willing to pay more to get a nice, used trailer much sooner than a new one. Now, you wait a few months and you can have one customized to exactly how you want it. And for not much more than what the used trailers used to get.

Yeah, I wouldn't want that bathroom any smaller! It'd be a really tight fit in there and especially going through the door with the sink right next to the door. They can't leave the sink out on the 21' (not the limited floor plan though, I would suspect).

Best way to find out what will work is to test out the beds on both sizes. That's what we did when we were looking. Scoot in and out and see how it works for ya.
Thanks so much
Old 03-04-2020, 07:21 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'm afraid that I don't agree with you. In our old 19, yes, the fridge was often an issue. But we've just returned from Arizona and Baja with some pretty hot days. Stuff that left Vancouver frozen, returned frozen. The new fridge appears to be far superior to the old style.

Consider it a package deal. Look at which one has the most overall appeal. We've had both and consider the bed issue a tie.

No you don't. Neither of us are large people and you wouldn't want a smaller toilet, especially if you want to be able to shower.

Ron

Thanks Ron for your imput
I guess I will see when I come see my daughter in May
Old 03-04-2020, 07:24 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Fiberglass trailers of pretty much any model that I can think of hold their value better then pretty much every RV I can think of, even an Airstream.
Talk to pretty much anyone that sold a Casita and they will probably tell you easy to sell and were very happy with what I they for it and they are WAY easier to find then an Escape especially if your willing to travel to get the right one. I would also think that's true of most who chose to sell their Escapes, lots of eager buyers it seems.
To me something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, I think in the SE part of the US a used Escape would sell easier and possibly a higher dollar because of the distance to get a new one and also just not as many in this part of the country but that's changing.

Like any other major purchase, do the math and figure out what you think works best for you.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Thanks Steve
The few grand difference is not an issue, just wanna buy the right one the first time
Old 03-04-2020, 07:27 AM   #45

Quote:
And I'd add, "bought the dream but reality intruded." There seems to be two basic types of owners. Those that have owned multiple RV's or even boats over the years, maybe started with a smaller unit and worked their way up. They're more likely to keep their unit longer unless one of the other factors such as health becomes an issue.

Then there's the folks who have the dream but little or no experience in the realities of spending a lot of time in a space much smaller than they're used to. Good reason for complete newbie's to rent an RV and try out life on the road first.

Ron
Great point Ron
Old 03-04-2020, 07:46 AM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
As the years pass by , the number of days we use our trailer each year steadily declines
We use to take numerous 2 to 4 day trips with our trailer now we often leave the trailer at home and just take the car . We use to take yearly 4 to 8 week trips now if we’re gone longer than 2 weeks it’s a rare occurrence .
As we get older our preferred style of travel is changing and I can see a day when our trailer just no longer fits in
I don’t see the increase of Escape trailers for sale as a reflection on Escape trailers but more a reflection on the maturing / aging of Escape owners
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
As the years pass by , the number of days we use our trailer each year steadily declines
We use to take numerous 2 to 4 day trips with our trailer now we often leave the trailer at home and just take the car . We use to take yearly 4 to 8 week trips now if we’re gone longer than 2 weeks it’s a rare occurrence .
As we get older our preferred style of travel is changing and I can see a day when our trailer just no longer fits in
I don’t see the increase of Escape trailers for sale as a reflection on Escape trailers but more a reflection on the maturing / aging of Escape owners
Interesting perspective.....
Old 03-04-2020, 12:58 PM   #48

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
I've noticed that we head off on a trip, in this case 5 weeks, then return and folks who stayed at home doing their everyday routine comment, "oh, you're back" like we were just away for a 3 day weekend.

At one time we were supposed to be heading for a paperless society. I should have taken a photo of the heap of mail that now has to be dealt with. Paperless indeed.

Ron
Before you throw anything away you must first make copies in triplicate.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #49

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21', Maple Interior, previous 2015 Escape 19'
Bed in 19' vs 21'

Warning!!! We had a 19 and though the bed was a bit bigger, it was a NIGHTMARE to make the bed, change the sheets, AND for those of you with a bed partner and a small bladder, have fun getting out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. We switched to a 21' just because of these difficulties.
bjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsmitty View Post
Warning!!! We had a 19 and though the bed was a bit bigger, it was a NIGHTMARE to make the bed, change the sheets, AND for those of you with a bed partner and a small bladder, have fun getting out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. We switched to a 21' just because of these difficulties.
We have had our 19' since 2013 and have had none of those issues! I guess what may be challenging for one may be effortless or a non-issue for others!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #51

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
We have had our 19' since 2013 and have had none of those issues! I guess what may be challenging for one may be effortless or a non-issue for others!
We are past our prime too and the bed is very comfy and not a problem getting in or out . It is a 2013 “ Classic “ 19 . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #52

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
On the advice of someone on this forum we asked for the mattress to be 2 inches shorter and 2 inches less wide. It makes it much easier to make! Thanks to whoever suggested it.
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:15 PM   #53

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We had a climb over bed in our previous trailer (a Nash) and it was no fun. The Escape 21 Classic bed s a bit more cramped that in the Nash, but we adapted to it well. Remember that you can lean against the walls, which makes the bed feel a bit bigger. In the middle of the night I can scoot down the bed easily, around the corner into the bathroom, and be back so quick. I wish it were a queen sized mattress, but I also value the bathroom space. I wouldn't want to give up any width there to make for a larger bed.

What I wouldn't give up in the Escape 21 is the fantastic view out 3 windows at the dinette, where we spend a lot of our time in bad weather. And when we do sleep on the bed during the day (nap), it is not as bright unless you turn on the captains lights.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsmitty View Post
One of my biggest fears...ty
Old 03-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
We had a climb over bed in our previous trailer (a Nash) and it was no fun. The Escape 21 Classic bed s a bit more cramped that in the Nash, but we adapted to it well. Remember that you can lean against the walls, which makes the bed feel a bit bigger. In the middle of the night I can scoot down the bed easily, around the corner into the bathroom, and be back so quick. I wish it were a queen sized mattress, but I also value the bathroom space. I wouldn't want to give up any width there to make for a larger bed.

What I wouldn't give up in the Escape 21 is the fantastic view out 3 windows at the dinette, where we spend a lot of our time in bad weather. And when we do sleep on the bed during the day (nap), it is not as bright unless you turn on the captains lights.

Bob K
great ponts...ty
Old 03-12-2020, 12:10 AM   #56

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
A couple comments....

My wife didn’t like the 21 with the bed directly beside the toilet. Eeww

Crawling over each other in a E19 with a 60” x 80” bed is better than climbing over each other in a Trillium and we never once complained about it.

My wife looked at the width of the 21 bed and said no way. To narrow. We have a king right now. She likes 4 blankets, and well, I don’t.

Worst case scenario with the 19, someone goes and sleeps on the dinette.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:26 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineMcD View Post
great ponts...ty
Depending on the bedding you use it really isn’t hard to make bed at all. We love flannel and actually Linda sewed a nice mattress cover with actually 2 old flannel lined sleeping bags sewed together . For the top cover we found a IKEA comforter that fits really nice . It just is a matter of putting comforter back over . The bottom stays because of how it is sewed . Of course we shower every night before bed too to keep bedding cleaner . It really is easy and bedding made neat again for the day . Pat
Old 03-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #58

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I learned in my first 2012 E19 that fitted bedding would not work and purchased one of those one piece bedding sets that just lay on top of a mattress cover, Travasak. But there was still condensation issues around the perimeter which had to be dealt with. I figured out air circulation was best for that and in my next 3 Escapes requested a smaller mattress by 2" to allow air around the sides. This has worked for us...
Old 03-12-2020, 10:32 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I learned in my first 2012 E19 that fitted bedding would not work and purchased one of those one piece bedding sets that just lay on top of a mattress cover, Travasak. But there was still condensation issues around the perimeter which had to be dealt with. I figured out air circulation was best for that and in my next 3 Escapes requested a smaller mattress by 2" to allow air around the sides. This has worked for us...
For us didn’t need to ask mattress was already cut down on the sides . But doesn’t matter because we have a different mattress setup and it isn’t next to outside walls . Pat
Old 03-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #60

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We’ve got a pretty good system for making the bed in the 19 now and it’s not difficult at all compared to some of the other trailers we’ve had. The crawl over with the size of the bed is a non-issue for us. We prefer the bed in the back, not viewed when the door opens. The 19 is enough trailer for us to get washed, waxed, maintained, tow, and get in and out of some tight spaces in parks. We don’t want any larger trailer to take care of, even caring for the 19 wears one out sometimes.
It’s nice there are options for folks as everyone has different needs and wants, but very content with our choice of the 19. I’ve had enough trailers to know that every trailer and layout has its own unique set of problems and no trailer model resolves having things show up that create issues. Just pick the model that ticks off the most boxes for you and then chuckle through whatever shows up later as minor annoyances.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote