Why an Escape trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #1

Trailer: Looking to buy 2020 Escape 21
Why an Escape trailer

Hello all

Sorry started asking questions before I introduced myself

Myself and my husband Ken are in our mid-fifties and gearing towards retirement.
Initually we will only use our camper 4-6 weeks per year and weekends with the hope to evenually RV 5-6 months per year all over Canada and the USA
We have owned a toyhauler before and I worked for RV dealers in the warranty department for 5 years.
After seeing most of the warranty and trailer issues that came though our department, I knew we wanted a fiberglass trailer without slides. We also wanted a lightweight trailer that is easy to manuver.....the Escape 21 is perfect for our future needs
Hoping to order one by fall 2020 and visiting the factory in May 2020
Cheers....Christine
ChristineMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21'
Welcome to our little community! A lot of us have similar stories to tell and we hope you make as many good memories in your Escape as we have.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Welcome to the family.
You should think about attending the Niagara Wine Escape Rally in September.

Riverside Park Motel and Campground
13451 Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, On. Canada

I think it would be a several hour drive but you could see a lot of Escapes and meet a great group of people.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
Welcome to our little community! A lot of us have similar stories to tell and we hope you make as many good memories in your Escape as we have.
Ty I have no doubt we will
Old 02-29-2020, 09:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Why Escape?

After 2 tent trailers (to much work and lift cable problems on one), and 2 large stick built travel trailers (one really rotten, and one on it’s way to being rotten), my friends said only buy a quality trailer with a ladder to the roof or a fibreglass shell trailer. We bought a 1977 Trillium 4500 15’, used it for 4 years, then upgraded to a 2007 Escape, again great experience with the fibreglass trailers. Both didn’t leak, were light and towed really well. We sold the Escape and started looking for more room. Unable to find a used 19, we looked at other brands but were really disappointed by the quality.

Guess what, my wife says, just order a new Escape 19 or you won’t be happy.

Now I have to drive from London to Vancouver, can’t wait, adventure!
Old 03-01-2020, 02:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Why Escape?

After 2 tent trailers (to much work and lift cable problems on one), and 2 large stick built travel trailers (one really rotten, and one on it’s way to being rotten), my friends said only buy a quality trailer with a ladder to the roof or a fibreglass shell trailer. We bought a 1977 Trillium 4500 15’, used it for 4 years, then upgraded to a 2007 Escape, again great experience with the fibreglass trailers. Both didn’t leak, were light and towed really well. We sold the Escape and started looking for more room. Unable to find a used 19, we looked at other brands but were really disappointed by the quality.

Guess what, my wife says, just order a new Escape 19 or you won’t be happy.

Now I have to drive from London to Vancouver, can’t wait, adventure!
Congrats Doug....now my hubby wants 19 instead of 21 because of bed size....how do warrenty issues work with escape, can you take to any dealer for service or only escape?
Old 03-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
The only problems you’ll have are the fridge and furnace. These are common items to all trailers in this price range. If you have problems, any RV dealership can warranty installed parts. If there is an issue with the trailer itself, Escape will reimburse your local dealership for approved repairs.

We prefer the 19’ as many of the good sites in The Ontario Provincial Parks are for trailers under 18’, I can tell a fib and call ours a 18. Also, many storage yards rates increase after 20’.

We were really happy with the Escape 17B, we just needed a bigger bed and proper mattress.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineMcD View Post
Congrats Doug....now my hubby wants 19 instead of 21 because of bed size....how do warrenty issues work with escape, can you take to any dealer for service or only escape?
We went with the 19 over the 21 due to the bed size also.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:05 PM   #9

Quote:
The only problems you’ll have are the fridge and furnace. These are common items to all trailers in this price range. If you have problems, any RV dealership can warranty installed parts. If there is an issue with the trailer itself, Escape will reimburse your local dealership for approved repairs.

We prefer the 19’ as many of the good sites in The Ontario Provincial Parks are for trailers under 18’, I can tell a fib and call ours a 18. Also, many storage yards rates increase after 20’.

We were really happy with the Escape 17B, we just needed a bigger bed and proper mattress.
Thanks again Doug
Old 03-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
Thanks McDonner, hard decision...19 you have to crawl over each other in the middle of the night and the 21 bed looks like it could be too tight
Old 03-01-2020, 03:10 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
The 2020 E21 NE has the E19 layout in the E21 space...something to consider.nThe nice thing about Escapes is if you change your mind you can always sell you old Escape quick and for almost what you paid and turn around and order another different one...take it from me, I have done it 3 times to date.....
Old 03-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The 2020 E21 NE has the E19 layout in the E21 space...something to consider.nThe nice thing about Escapes is if you change your mind you can always sell you old Escape quick and for almost what you paid and turn around and order another different one...take it from me, I have done it 3 times to date.....

I have no doubt I can resell, especially here in Ontario (cannot locate used ones)
Do you know what the base cost difference is?
Wish I could take a smaller toilet and get a wider bed in 21, I really like the layout
Old 03-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #13

Quote:
What size of escapes have you owned and why did you switch if I may ask?
Old 03-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #14

Quote:
I have no doubt I can resell, especially here in Ontario (cannot locate used ones)
Do you know what the base cost difference is?
Wish I could take a smaller toilet and get a wider bed in 21, I really like the layout
This is exactly what the 2020 NE is ,a smaller bath and a queen bed and a huge from dinette....here are some photos
Attached Thumbnails
received_321226072085699.jpg   received_572291136670633.jpg   received_2420817481377312.jpg  
Old 03-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #15

Quote:
What size of escapes have you owned and why did you switch if I may ask?
sent you a p/m.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #16

Quote:
This is exactly what the 2020 NE is ,a smaller bath and a queen bed and a huge from dinette....here are some photos
Thanks so much!
Old 03-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #17

My wife and I were in a pop up for 17 years and how we slept I had to get up if she wanted out as she was against the wall. After all these years it is just normal now. Kind of gets us on the same schedule. LOL.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21. 2016 Kia Sorento EX+ V6
Send a message via Skype™ to travdes
We were originally leaning towards a 19 until we went to the factory and looked at them in person. For us the increased counter space far outweighed the smaller bed. Plus not having to crawl over each other to get out was a plus. We have a king at home, and don't seem to mind the size of the 21 bed until our golden squeezes between us, but I prefer sleeping cocooned

In saying that, in 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if we upgrade to the 23 to get the queen / dry bath as long as they don't lose the counter space.
travdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #19
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
The nice thing with the two model 21 footers...there's the 21' Classic and the 21'NE. You can order yours either way. As for the bathroom footprint - you'd have to talk with Escape Industries directly if you chose the 21' Classic.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
The only problems you’ll have are the fridge and furnace.
I'm afraid that I don't agree with you. In our old 19, yes, the fridge was often an issue. But we've just returned from Arizona and Baja with some pretty hot days. Stuff that left Vancouver frozen, returned frozen. The new fridge appears to be far superior to the old style.

Quote:
Thanks McDonner, hard decision...19 you have to crawl over each other in the middle of the night and the 21 bed looks like it could be too tight
Consider it a package deal. Look at which one has the most overall appeal. We've had both and consider the bed issue a tie.

Quote:
No you don't. Neither of us are large people and you wouldn't want a smaller toilet, especially if you want to be able to shower.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote