Why an Escape trailer - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
left Vancouver frozen, returned frozen. Ron

Seems like only yesterday that you headed south.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:10 AM   #22

Trailer: Looking to buy 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
Welcome to our little community! A lot of us have similar stories to tell and we hope you make as many good memories in your Escape as we have.

Thanks so much Eric
ChristineMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
Welcome to the family.
You should think about attending the Niagara Wine Escape Rally in September.

Riverside Park Motel and Campground
13451 Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, On. Canada

I think it would be a several hour drive but you could see a lot of Escapes and meet a great group of people.
WINE....yes please
Wow do you know what weekend that is, we have an Alaskian cruise booked for the 11th.....would love to go

Thanks so much for the info
Old 03-02-2020, 07:40 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineMcD View Post
WINE....yes please
Wow do you know what weekend that is, we have an Alaskian cruise booked for the 11th.....would love to go

Thanks so much for the info
Surely you have heard of Niagara on the Lake wine area......very beautiful place. It is about a 15 minute ride north from Riverside CG which is also very pretty with it's water views.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:49 AM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We chose the Escape 21 over the 19 because of the increased kitchen counter / storage space . The size of the bed was not a factor and two years later it is still not a factor .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We are currently dog-less. If we had one the 19 might be a little cramped.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Seems like only yesterday that you headed south.
I've noticed that we head off on a trip, in this case 5 weeks, then return and folks who stayed at home doing their everyday routine comment, "oh, you're back" like we were just away for a 3 day weekend.

At one time we were supposed to be heading for a paperless society. I should have taken a photo of the heap of mail that now has to be dealt with. Paperless indeed.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
I've noticed that we head off on a trip, in this case 5 weeks, then return and folks who stayed at home doing their everyday routine comment, "oh, you're back" like we were just away for a 3 day weekend.

At one time we were supposed to be heading for a paperless society. I should have taken a photo of the heap of mail that now has to be dealt with. Paperless indeed.

Ron
I always laugh when i think back to how "they" said computers were going to do away with all the paper documents. Seems like there is more than ever now.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:03 PM   #29

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The nice thing about Escapes is if you change your mind you can always sell you old Escape quick and for almost what you paid and turn around and order another different one.
Quote:
I have no doubt I can resell, especially here in Ontario (cannot locate used ones)

Wish I could take a smaller toilet and get a wider bed in 21, I really like the layout
Quote:
No you don't. Neither of us are large people and you wouldn't want a smaller toilet, especially if you want to be able to shower.

Awhile ago I was chatting to someone that follows the forum far more than I have in the past year plus. The subject of used trailers came up and it was commented that the price of used trailers has dropped due to the much shorter wait time for a new trailer direct from the factory. I don't know if this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me. When you had to wait almost a year to get one, many folks were willing to pay more to get a nice, used trailer much sooner than a new one. Now, you wait a few months and you can have one customized to exactly how you want it. And for not much more than what the used trailers used to get.

Yeah, I wouldn't want that bathroom any smaller! It'd be a really tight fit in there and especially going through the door with the sink right next to the door. They can't leave the sink out on the 21' (not the limited floor plan though, I would suspect).

Best way to find out what will work is to test out the beds on both sizes. That's what we did when we were looking. Scoot in and out and see how it works for ya.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:18 AM   #30

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Fiberglass trailers of pretty much any model that I can think of hold their value better then pretty much every RV I can think of, even an Airstream.
Talk to pretty much anyone that sold a Casita and they will probably tell you easy to sell and were very happy with what I they for it and they are WAY easier to find then an Escape especially if your willing to travel to get the right one. I would also think that's true of most who chose to sell their Escapes, lots of eager buyers it seems.
To me something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, I think in the SE part of the US a used Escape would sell easier and possibly a higher dollar because of the distance to get a new one and also just not as many in this part of the country but that's changing.

Like any other major purchase, do the math and figure out what you think works best for you.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
When you had to wait almost a year to get one, many folks were willing to pay more to get a nice, used trailer much sooner than a new one. Now, you wait a few months and you can have one customized to exactly how you want it. And for not much more than what the used trailers used to get.
The question I have is why are so many newer trailers being sold by their owners recently? 17 trailers on the first page of the Classified Archives and a handful on the first page of the active For Sale section are 2016 or newer. Several are even 2018 and 2019's. Seems to me after customizing a trailer one would hold onto it longer.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #32

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The question I have is why are so many newer trailers being sold by their owners recently?

For one, ETI is selling so many more new trailers, so there will be more people who have to sell for health reasons, or because they found they don't really like camping, or they spent more than they can afford.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #33

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I'd add "found it too small" to the reasons. These are not for everyone.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I'd add "found it too small" to the reasons. These are not for everyone.
And I'd add, "bought the dream but reality intruded." There seems to be two basic types of owners. Those that have owned multiple RV's or even boats over the years, maybe started with a smaller unit and worked their way up. They're more likely to keep their unit longer unless one of the other factors such as health becomes an issue.

Then there's the folks who have the dream but little or no experience in the realities of spending a lot of time in a space much smaller than they're used to. Good reason for complete newbie's to rent an RV and try out life on the road first.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:57 PM   #35

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
And I'd add, "bought the dream but reality intruded." There seems to be two basic types of owners. Those that have owned multiple RV's or even boats over the years, maybe started with a smaller unit and worked their way up. They're more likely to keep their unit longer unless one of the other factors such as health becomes an issue.

Then there's the folks who have the dream but little or no experience in the realities of spending a lot of time in a space much smaller than they're used to. Good reason for complete newbie's to rent an RV and try out life on the road first.
The 5.0 is our 15th camper and the only new camper we've ever purchased. It's a keeper.

We sold our 25' Bigfoot when a friend talked us into purchasing a 1995 Lance. The dealer had two in November and needed to reduce inventory. The dealer gave a great deal if we bought both. In April, without ever camping in the Lance, my friend decided camping wasn't for him and sold his 1995.

We went on one 5 week trip that May-July with the Lance and were disappointed in the fit and finish, and only got 9 mpg when pulling. The Bigfoot got 11 mpg when pure pulling and it easily weighed 1,200#'s more than the Lance. We had no problem selling the Lance for a decent profit.

After seeing our first Escape at Olympic National Park on that Lance trip we were sold. We previously owned a Scamp for six years and a Casita for five, plus the Bigfoot, so we knew what fiberglass gave us. After looking at a 21 and a 5.0, plus talking to numerous other Escape owners, in early August we ordered our 5.0. For us, it's the perfect three-season camper for the style of camping we enjoy.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 03-04-2020, 07:08 AM   #36

Quote:
Surely you have heard of Niagara on the Lake wine area......very beautiful place. It is about a 15 minute ride north from Riverside CG which is also very pretty with it's water views.
Hey Jim
Yes, I know Niagara wine country well
Sadly timing seems to be off forr us this year
Old 03-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #37

Quote:
This is exactly what the 2020 NE is ,a smaller bath and a queen bed and a huge from dinette....here are some photos
Thanks Jim
Looks beautiful but probably too big for us
Old 03-04-2020, 07:13 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ops View Post
The nice thing with the two model 21 footers...there's the 21' Classic and the 21'NE. You can order yours either way. As for the bathroom footprint - you'd have to talk with Escape Industries directly if you chose the 21' Classic.
Thanks Ops
Great idea
Old 03-04-2020, 07:15 AM   #39

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Thanks Jim
Looks beautiful but probably too big for us
It is the same size as the E21, just different configuration. Some people can not decide between the E19 and the E21, the NE combines both on a E21 platform.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:15 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by travdes View Post
We were originally leaning towards a 19 until we went to the factory and looked at them in person. For us the increased counter space far outweighed the smaller bed. Plus not having to crawl over each other to get out was a plus. We have a king at home, and don't seem to mind the size of the 21 bed until our golden squeezes between us, but I prefer sleeping cocooned

In saying that, in 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if we upgrade to the 23 to get the queen / dry bath as long as they don't lose the counter space.
Thanks for your imput