Why should I purchase an Escape? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
You'll never get me in there to take a shower. Even phone booths were bigger.
That may be true, but boat showers are smaller. And I speak from experience...

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:49 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Most everything has been answered for you, but not a lot of input on the bathroom. If the option of using a public washroom / shower is available, I prefer to do that. The bathroom is not large and the slower I fill my black & grey tanks the better. However, I have used the bathroom in the 21' and it is completely fine for toilet and shower usage. Not a lot of elbow room, but everything worked great. Having the showerhead as a wand really helps for rinsing. For reference, I'm 6'0" and 200#.
bpjod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:55 PM   #43

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Thanks bpjod, just what I was hoping to hear from someone.

I will get to check out the bathroom on a 21 footer tomorrow (well, stand in it, but you should (hopefully) know what I mean).

And, "alanmalk" - way too funny with the beating of a dead (kind) of horse thingie. Laughed myself silly over that. Where did you find that?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:45 PM   #44

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
If for any reason you don't make it to the rally and want to see a 19', you're more than welcome to see mine. It's less than a mile east of I5 near the Olympia airport. Just let me know ...
Sending you a PM now! Thanks
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 AM   #45

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Laura, if you haven noticed, the bathrooms in the 19 and 5.0TA are smaller then the one in the 21. At 6'2" and 215 lbs I manage okay in the smaller with just minor banging of the elbows. The small size does tend to keep one from dawdling longer then necessary.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #46

Trailer: 2016 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
Hi Lara,

We will be getting our Escape this Fall and we almost purchased a 2015 R-Pod. I liked the new floor plan with the kitchen in the rear and the slide out dinette. But, once we looked at an Escape we were sold! The quality was obviously better than our original choice. We like that we have options to customize the trailer--including fabric and where we want to add electrical plugs, etc. My husband wanted a light weight trailer, and the fiberglass has no seams. Currently we have a tent trailer and have had problems with the water leaking through the seams. The Escape is quality and its resale value is astounding. We discovered that we wanted to purchase a used trailer and there are several R-Pods around and others, but it was difficult to find an Escape.

Once you see them you'll know.
We recently decided to get an RV, and the RPOD was our top pick...until we saw an Escape this last weekend while walking through a nearby campground here on Whidbey Island. The owners showed us through the unit, and we were quickly "sold" on the Escape. The only thing he said that we found disappointing is that there is a considerable wait time to buy one. 😎
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:33 PM   #47

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
The only thing he said that we found disappointing is that there is a considerable wait time to buy one. ��
Yes, the wait can be considerable depending on the model chosen but the time does pass quickly so make your deposit now. Also, there are always cancellations so the chances of getting bumped up are fairly good.

Welcome to the forum, Steve!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The cancellations are a good reason to have all your decision making and paper work completed early, plus all your monies paid. I was able to get my Escape 19 in record time, approximately 120 days.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #49

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome, Steve,
I would guess that that was one of our members here with the Escape. The wait time has become progressively longer in tune with more Escapes out there for people to see and a better dollar exchange for those of us south. You can always get a used one and wait in the meantime. They are easily sold and you can get about what you paid, especially if you sell only a year later. Then by the time your build sheet is due you know exactly what you want.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:01 AM   #50

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
It looks to me like the wait time for any model of an Escape trailer is increasing. But that also says something about the trailer and the people who build them. But the time goes fast. We booked 9 months ago and have only 3 more to wait. At least our build sheet is in. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:08 AM   #51
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I spent over a year deciding which fiberglass to buy to replace my 17 ft Casita which had become a bit small for long trips in retirements. Spoke with all 5 fiberglass manufacturing companies in the USA. Money was not the issue, meeting my goals was paramount. Only Escape was willing to make that happen.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Our supposedly great quality Nash trailer went from belong our pride to a piece of junk (basically had to give it away) in 12 yearsvdue to leaks that not even the trailer service department prevented. My brother-in-law has a different brand that has major damage from leaks and is ready to write it off. Yes there are old stick trailers out there, but the percentage with leaks is much, much higher than TRUE fibreglass trailers like the Escape. We love our Escape 21 and have had two Big Foot owners drooling over it since we picked it up less than a month ago. And like the Big Foots it will last forever!

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #53

What was it that allowed you to put Escape above the others? I'm ready to place an order for an Escape, and would like some last minute reassurance as to the wisdom of my decision. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #54
Commercial Member

For me it was the content of this forum (probably spent 6 months reading all the old posts), and inspecting the workmanship of Escape trailers we saw at rallies. A factory tour of the manufacturing floor capped my decision.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #55

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
What was it that allowed you to put Escape above the others?
For me the number one reason is the company itself. Having sat and talked to Reace on many occasions (yes, a few times over cocktails ) talking about business (mostly his, but mine too), I have say without doubt that there is a real desire there to perform for the customer, all while still building a successful business for themselves.

The second reason is the value that Escape trailers have. Sure there are trailers built equally as good, some with better quality finishes, but none in my opinion that give you as much quality, thought into the product, and service that Escape does, for the price you pay.

I have no reservation in saying "Buy with confidence".
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #56

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I would be hard pressed to add to this thread. The product and the people of this company are a tough act to follow. And when the owner of the factory gives you a personalized tour, explaining how the trailers are built from start to finish, I would like to know how many other places would do that. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #57

I really appreciate these comments. On the one hand I realize this forum is primarily comprised of people who love the Escape, However it does nevertheless, help validate (in my mind at least) my decision to buy an Escape. ��
Old 06-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #58
Commercial Member

Quote:
I really appreciate these comments. On the one hand I realize this forum is primarily comprised of people who love the Escape, However it does nevertheless, help validate (in my mind at least) my decision to buy an Escape. ��
Owners I meet are most often folks who have chosen their Escape after having owned a different brand previously. ETI hasn't really been in business all that long compared to the other molded fiberglass brands.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 06-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #59

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
What was it that allowed you to put Escape above the others? I'm ready to place an order for an Escape, and would like some last minute reassurance as to the wisdom of my decision. Thanks.
I had a stick built before the Escape, spent the fall before buying the Escape replacing the floor.

Leaks is the reason I wanted fiberglass.

Liked Oliver, Escape, and Bigfoot, Oliver was shutdown due to the recession with no idea if or when they would resume plus the models they had at the time were very narrow. Bigfoot was very heavy and cost $50k so we held off. Casitas and Scamps were too small for our plans. We did look at the Escape 19, liked it but it was to narrow. Bigfoot was the only one left, we were still undecided between it and the Northern Lite truck campers, which is also all fiberglass.

A couple years later Escape came out with the wider 21, went and saw one, heard rumors of the 5.0TA with a real queen size bed, we ordered it and kept the $10k we would have spent on the Bigfoot. The little fifth wheel is really very similar to the Northern Lite truck camper, but a bit bigger.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #60
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Exterior: seamless (except for the necessary holes for mounting windows, vents, shroud for the AC, etc.

Interior: real hardwood cabinet doors, attention to detail, finished look. No rat fur on the walls, extra insulation available, thermal windows available, extremely customizable.

Company: none better. Reace and Tammy stand behind their product like no other. Too many stories to mention.

Resale value: extraordinarily high.

Looking back: BEST decision I've made in years. Not one regret.