Signed my build sheet yesterday. I thought I would share my off Build Sheet additions for those who may not be aware that these things are possible:
- CONVERT Rear Permanent Bed to 4-Person Dinette
- DO NOT INSTALL front table or hardware DO NOT cut corners on front table DO NOT cover front table with Formica SUPPLY ONLY to Cx.
- FILLER CUSHION - 6" x width to span benches
- FRAMELESS REAR Thermal Window
- 12v DROPS ($40 each) 1) Front DS OH Cabinet 2) Front PS OH Cabinet 3) Rear DS OH Cabinet 4) Rear PS OH Cabinet
- DELETE Bathroom Sink
- Zamp solar port pre-wire only INSTALL PS front
- DELETE "21" from front graphics
- AMBER LENS on Exterior LED Light by entry door.
The biggest item (impact wise - not costwise, which is $360) - was giving up the permanent queen bed and making it a dinette. We do not anticipate full-timing when I retire in 2026, and so far, our two granddaughters come with us almost every time we go camping or traveling. For many reasons, we believe this setup will work best for us. Note - Escape did refuse the ask to make the front dinette into a permanent bed.
Since we have a rear table, I am going to cut up the front table into support boards that can be stored under the benches. I am thinking of maybe using the Formica to make a backsplash. ($0)
The small filler cushion is to give the the U dinette 24" deep seating on all 3 benches. Note: Escape wouldn't cut a support board only 6" wide, so I will do that myself (part of the unfinished table). ($80)
I am getting a manual awning, so my internal debate about the frameless window / awning collision was solved by cutting the baby in two. I am getting framed windows everywhere with the exception of the rear (fixed) window. The rear will be frameless, and able to open. I think the difference in styles won't be too noticeable since it's the only window on the back. ($312)
I want to take a couple of trips to decide where reading lights and 12V/USB outlets should be, so I asked to have only 12V wires left in the 4 upper corners. I will wire my own stuff later.
The bathroom sink delete was to give more room for showering, Kitchen sink is close. It's gross to some people, but fine for us. ($0)
The Zamp port is normally supplied on the D/S front. My belief is that the more open (sunnier) side is the passenger side at most sites. ($0)
The amber lens request and graphics delete were ideas I copied from others on the forum. ($0)