Arizona Escape Buyers - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2015, 02:58 PM   #1

Trailer: looking
Arizona Escape Buyers

I am wondering how our state of Arizona handles things with registration and tax. We are picking up our Escape 19 at the beginning of October. They will be starting the build soon, so I don't yet have any paperwork or the VIN number.

My first question is: I live in Peoria (Maricopa County) Arizona. What tax and fees did you have to pay? (I'm looking for a real number here like 7% or whatever).

Next question: How did you make sure you paid taxes on the trailer in US dollars rather than Canadian dollars?

Third question for now: Did you get a plate and tags to take up to Canada from AZ DOT? If not how did you get the trailer home?

Thanks,
Judy
judycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #2

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
AZ buyers

Judy, I have done that twice and for me very easy. I took the paper work from ETI that included a bill of sale that didn't say paid but it was signed to a contract title business that has very nice people working there and no waiting for a cost of 20 to 30$ extra. They calculated what my tax would be, about 7%, cost of plates and registration, minimal. I happened to be there when exchange rate was about even, I didn't worry about exchange rate at that time and I walked out with plates and a lighter wallet. Others have not found it so easy. Good luck.
Jack of Tucson
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We won't be picking up our 19 Escape till a month after you so you'll be teaching us.
I've never had any issues registering with AZ on previous trailers, but never done a new one. Tax is supposed to be 5.6% on new trailers/rv's in AZ and I've got all my XE.com exchange statements printed out and in the file so I can show US payments.
Hope all the AZ Escapes can make it to the upcoming gatherings at Scamp Camp SW in Sedona, AZ in December and Quartzsite Gathering in Feb at Quartzsite, AZ. Quite a few Escape owners will be in attendance.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by judycoon View Post
I am wondering how our state of Arizona handles things with registration and tax. We are picking up our Escape 19 at the beginning of October. They will be starting the build soon, so I don't yet have any paperwork or the VIN number.

My first question is: I live in Peoria (Maricopa County) Arizona. What tax and fees did you have to pay? (I'm looking for a real number here like 7% or whatever).

Next question: How did you make sure you paid taxes on the trailer in US dollars rather than Canadian dollars?

Third question for now: Did you get a plate and tags to take up to Canada from AZ DOT? If not how did you get the trailer home?

Thanks,
Judy
1. You will pay AZ state + Maricopa County sales taxes to MVD. You will also owe the Peoria city sales tax but MVD does not collect it. You will also owe a value based VLT fee. Use Google to get the exact rates for the above. You will also pay less than $50 for several other fees.

2. Your paperwork from ETI should show both US$ and CD$. (But MVD may calculate the rate based on the day you register it.)

3. Towed it home unregistered.
See: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...ered-1436.html
See: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...yers-3261.html
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote