Cancel Escape Insurance - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2022, 03:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinBC View Post
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Oh well. Hopefully he knows, now.
My geography teacher in grade seven in Maywood, Ill. taught that Canada consisted of eleven provinces.

He also glared at me when I stood but, didn't recite the 'Pledge of Allegiance'.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:57 PM   #22

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Yeah, I have to be careful. I told another insurance agent that I had traveled to Canada with my trailer. He was puzzled because he thought you had to take a boat to get to Canada. And when I mentioned going to Michigan I had to show him on a map where it was.
That Gulf of Mexico salt water and white sandy beaches can dampen logical thought.

My wife has several members of her family in your county.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:33 PM   #23

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
My geography teacher in grade seven in Maywood, Ill. taught that Canada consisted of eleven provinces.
Did you ask him to list them? It would be amusing to hear what he thought the eleventh one was.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Like Ross, we are insured with AAA. It's not surprising that they knew where Canada was, that New Mexico is a state of the Union, and stuff like that!
They looked at the U.S.Customs stamped form, made a photo copy of our completed signed built sheet, and insured us for full replacement value, based on the build sheet list. Not bad, I'd say.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
That Gulf of Mexico salt water and white sandy beaches can dampen logical thought.

My wife has several members of her family in your county.
That could be it. Here's another example:

I have a contract with a wildlife mitigation company to keep animals such as squirrels and raccoons out of my house. They come out and do a periodic inspection. On one such occasion a young man complimented me on my Escape.

"I intend to go to Alaska with it this summer," I said.
"You can drive to Alaska?"
"Yeah, the roads are pretty good now."
"No-- I mean you can actually drive to Alaska? I thought Alaska was surrounded by water." the young man said.

I was a bit stunned. How did he figure that? Then I decided that he had seen Alaska and Hawaii down in the left lower corner of maps of the U.S. and figured Alaska was also an island.

"No. Alaska is connected to Canada. You can drive all the way through," I replied.
"Oh. Well, I was never good in... that subject."
"You mean geography?"
"Yeah, that one."
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:11 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Like Ross, we are insured with AAA. It's not surprising that they knew where Canada was, that New Mexico is a state of the Union, and stuff like that!
They looked at the U.S.Customs stamped form, made a photo copy of our completed signed built sheet, and insured us for full replacement value, based on the build sheet list. Not bad, I'd say.

Even AT the border, the brains aren't passed out(or homework NOT done). I was coming back in to USA from Canada after breeding a dog. Agent asks where I was born. I say, Las Cruces, NM". He's like, "Ill have ask you to pull over". I said "it IS a STATE, like next to Texas!"......................

Sorry state our education system is in. That show Cash Cab, really showed it to me.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:28 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander

Quote:

I have a contract with a wildlife mitigation company to keep animals such as squirrels and raccoons out of my house. They come out and do a periodic inspection. On one such occasion a young man complimented me on my Escape.

"No-- I mean you can actually drive to Alaska? I thought Alaska was surrounded by water." the young man said.

I was a bit stunned. How did he figure that? Then I decided that he had seen Alaska and Hawaii down in the left lower corner of maps of the U.S. and figured Alaska was also an island.

"No. Alaska is connected to Canada. You can drive all the way through," I replied.
"You mean geography?"
"Yeah, that one."
I enjoyed that post. I’ve encountered similar situations. It was always a little scary when I would get a clueless response in a general conversation with a seasonal mower operator who was operating a $50,000 mower. Made you wonder. However in the early days of the internet I had an excellent foreman who just didn’t seem to get using the computer for reports etc. He could disassemble a Diesel engine or a complex transmission and overhaul and reassemble with no problem. But I solved the computer reporting problem when I hired a seasonal who spent the winters “playing” on his computer. His assignment for Friday mornings was “ Do my reports and organize the pavilion reservations for this next week , will you Jesse?
Takes all kinds.
Old 01-23-2022, 02:30 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
..."No-- I mean you can actually drive to Alaska? I thought Alaska was surrounded by water." the young man said.

That makes a lot of sense. It's interesting that it apparently never occurred to him that it was unlikely that an island would have an absolutely straight east "coast" (a.k.a border with Yukon, Canada). I wonder if he also thought that the lower 48 states had ocean coasts at the Canadian and Mexican borders?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I wonder if he thought?
there, fixed that for you. answer is, nah, thinking is too hard.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #30

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:

"You mean geography?"
"Yeah, that one."
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:25 AM   #31
Site Team

if you insure a brand new Escape based on its original sale value, ask what the depreciation schedule they would assume is. I bet its a lot faster than a fiberglass actually depreciates.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:28 AM   #32

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickinms View Post
Imagine my surprise when I received a cancelation notice from the 'good neighbor' home office today stating that they cannot find any information on Escape Trailer co. I have used this company for many years with no claims....pitiful.
It is Escape Trailer Industries, not company. And the insurance company should have been able to determine that from the VIN.

For what it is worth ours is insured through Progressive.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:38 AM   #33

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The insurance company (or agent, or broker) is just incompetent, either in their record keeping, or their use of reference materials, or both.
True indeed. We just recently completed insurance research for our 2022, 5.0, arriving soon. We did run into agents who quoted us the "US Escape", one being our local, long time, agent, who is having a great deal of staff turn-over these days.

We found better results getting quotes directly from the insurance companies. Their staff just seemed more experienced.

For a brand new trailer it boiled down to just two acceptable companies for our situation and reasonable costs (not inexpensive). There were some smaller companies and/or equities with good reviews but much higher pricing.

Both USAA thru Progressive and GEICO had what we were looking for in terms of coverage for a reasonable (not inexpensive) cost.
Our agent also mispresented the USAA/Progressive coverage but speaking directly to the company they matched closely to the coverage provided by GIECO.

Both companies provide 5 years of full replacement coverage (even if new trailer prices increase) on first insuring a brand new trailer, than 2 years of purchase price coverage and finally, book value in total loss accidents.

We went with USAA/Progressive which cost a little more. We have good history with USAA and they do go to batt for you with their afilatate companies.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:46 AM   #34

Trailer: 2011 17B; Prior-2009 Escape-13B
I have Allstate and they covered my Escape no problem. Check with your Insurance Comissioner Office.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:57 PM   #35

No problems

We’ve had Escapes since 2011. We’ve had State Farm and Auto Owners insurance in that time. We’ve never had a problem with either company on insurance. I would tend to think that the agent handling your policy is not up to speed. Definitely not a company problem since others seem to be covered as we are.
Connie and John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #36

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
I won't mention any particular insurance agency because I believe our problem was more personnel related than company related. When we first tried to insure our 2017 21', the premium quoted seemed exorbitantly high compared to prices others had mentioned on this forum. Turns out the agent thought we had one of those so-called "sticky" Escapes. I had him go to the ETI Escape website, and all was corrected (he even said how much he liked the looks of the fiberglass Escape). A couple years later, we moved to another state and contacted a nearby agent for the same company to get our policy updated with our new address. The agent told us we couldn't simply update our old policy, he had to write us a new policy (I still wonder if that was correct or if he just got bonuses based on new policies written). Anyway, guess what - even with our Escape's information already in their company computer, he tried to charge us the "sticky" Escape premium again with the new policy. We cancelled everything with that company and got insurance through a different company.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:44 PM   #37

Trailer: 5.0 deposit in
Insurance Update

Yesterday after I received my refund for the remaining 6 months that State Farm had canceled on my 2019 5.0 I canceled everything from them including house, three other vehicles and Rv. I did not feel comfortable with SF anymore after their road side coverage left us stranded on the side of a busy interstate last summer in our previous Class C rv because they couldn't find a wreaker big enough, so we found one ourselves. After some research we moved everything to AAA and feel more comfortable that at least we will get us decent road side coverage, also that incident got us researching Escapes so unfortunate things can resolve into positive things.
Patrickinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #38

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
True indeed. We just recently completed insurance research for our 2022, 5.0, arriving soon. We did run into agents who quoted us the "US Escape", one being our local, long time, agent, who is having a great deal of staff turn-over these days.

We found better results getting quotes directly from the insurance companies. Their staff just seemed more experienced.

For a brand new trailer it boiled down to just two acceptable companies for our situation and reasonable costs (not inexpensive). There were some smaller companies and/or equities with good reviews but much higher pricing.

Both USAA thru Progressive and GEICO had what we were looking for in terms of coverage for a reasonable (not inexpensive) cost.
Our agent also mispresented the USAA/Progressive coverage but speaking directly to the company they matched closely to the coverage provided by GIECO.

Both companies provide 5 years of full replacement coverage (even if new trailer prices increase) on first insuring a brand new trailer, than 2 years of purchase price coverage and finally, book value in total loss accidents.

We went with USAA/Progressive which cost a little more. We have good history with USAA and they do go to batt for you with their afilatate companies.
are you taking delivery in Florida? If so, when are you anticipating it being shipped?
Old 01-26-2022, 04:36 PM   #39
Site Team

carefully compare the policies of different insurance contracts.

we found USAAs policies very hard to read and understand. progressive's, on the other hand, was very clearly written, explained all the consequences.

one feature of the progressive policy i was quite interested to read... RVing in Mexico ... you still need 'mexican insurance' (thats liability coverage), but if your RV is broken or stranded in mexico, Progressive will bring it back to the USA as fast as possible and deliver it to where you want. We're planning a several month 'caravan' tour of mexico in 2024.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:03 PM   #40

Trailer: 2016 ESCAPE 21
We have had our Escape 21 insured with State Farm since 2016.
thumper-tx is offline   Reply With Quote