Cancel Escape Insurance - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2022, 07:22 PM   #41

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
Our state farm agent went to the escape trailer website (or so they stated) to help research valuation. The policy description has it listed as: 2018 ESCAPE 5 0 TA TRL 5WHL

Not had a claim yet so I can't speak to how they will cover repair/replacement but the process of obtaining coverage was not a problem. Our policy is $224 p/yr.
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:47 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
carefully compare the policies of different insurance contracts. we found USAAs policies very hard to read and understand. progressive's, on the other hand, was very clearly written, explained all the consequences.
Odd this happened to you. Perhaps it's handled differently in your state & USAA writes policies there?

In FL, our USAA policy was written by Progressive & it was clear to read. USAA does not write policies for Travel Trailers in FL. When we have a question or if we had a claim we call USAA, who transfers our call to the USAA team at Progressive or we can call Progressive directly and their put us on with the team at Progressive that handles their USAA customers. Everything is handled by Progressive.
We know from previous experience if there's a issue, USAA will go to bat for you if there is a problem you can't resolve with these affiliate company insurer arrangements that USAA does.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:06 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
are you taking delivery in Florida? If so, when are you anticipating it being shipped?
Bit of a long story. Yes, delivery is to Sanford, FL. Our 5.0 was put on the production line first week of Jan. Build is mostly completed now, except ETI had a backorder on Refrigs. ETI called us this Tuesday letting us know that 12 refigs came in on Fri and 22 more on Monday.
However BC is getting hit hard with a Covid spike and they have many staff out sick. They said the production line has a skeleton crew currently.
All that's left to do on our trailer is installing the refrig, cleanup, QA, polishing & scheduling delivery. There's a chance it could ship by today or tomorrow, but that may slip to next Thurs or Fri. I'm sure they will call in the next day or so to let us know.
We are sure ETI is doing everything possible to get it done. They are dealing with very difficult supplier and virus issues right now. Their customer service and communication, keeping us informed every step of the way, has been wonderful. Just hoping the folks who are sick have mild cases!
Old 01-27-2022, 10:42 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
Odd this happened to you. Perhaps it's handled differently in your state & USAA writes policies there?

In FL, our USAA policy was written by Progressive & it was clear to read. USAA does not write policies for Travel Trailers in FL. When we have a question or if we had a claim we call USAA, who transfers our call to the USAA team at Progressive or we can call Progressive directly and their put us on with the team at Progressive that handles their USAA customers. Everything is handled by Progressive.
We know from previous experience if there's a issue, USAA will go to bat for you if there is a problem you can't resolve with these affiliate company insurer arrangements that USAA does.
I believe USAA has subcontracted all their travel trailer insurance business to Progressive. The agent I talked to indicated that he had recently been transferred from USAA to Progressive and said there wasn't any noticeable difference as far as he was concerned. Four months ago I had a damage claim on my Escape (deer strike) and called Progressive directly. My claim was handled extremely well. I have had USAA handle all my insurance needs since I was 16 years old, and have been very happy. Of course, I have had filed only four claims in 47 years - two auto, one homeowners, and this one with the deer. The deer strike was more than the other three combined.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:11 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
My claim was handled extremely well. I have had USAA handle all my insurance needs since I was 16 years old.
Agree, we always try to use USAA but FL is a different animal. We have been hit hard by hurricanes three times. USAA handled those significant claims in an outstanding manner. Since, USAA pulled out on home insurance in FL so we had to go with another company. Also, USAA would not provide car insurance to our daughters when they were learning to drive so we had to choose another company, again. Daughters are out on their own now & we checked USAA auto again. Their prices in FL are very high so we remained with the same insurer. Happy to at least be with the USAA afilatated Progressive insurance for the new 5.0.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:19 PM   #46

Quote:
are you taking delivery in Florida? If so, when are you anticipating it being shipped?
ETI just called us. Our new 5.0 is officially on the delivery truck next Thurs/Fri.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:33 PM   #47

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
ETI just called us. Our new 5.0 is officially on the delivery truck next Thurs/Fri.
Wow, thats awesome!.. Mines in production and I may be able to get it in Feb.. Some logistics issues like you had. We will see. My completion date is March 18
Old 01-27-2022, 09:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Wow, thats awesome!.. Mines in production and I may be able to get it in Feb.. Some logistics issues like you had. We will see. My completion date is March 18
Bet you will get by that date! Congrats!
Ours was originally pulled forward to a Dec complication date but was then moved out to Feb. Worked out well in that we hung onto 2021 pricing & delivery but ended up with a 2022 VIN. Sorta worth the extra wait.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:56 PM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Odd this happened to you. Perhaps it's handled differently in your state & USAA writes policies there?.
i was actually comparing our USAA car policy with the progressive trailer policy.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote