Got all the paperwork from ETI today! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2015, 08:24 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Old 08-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Congrats Lucy!
It won't be long now, Looking forward to your trip out west!
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
These lucky people that get their plates right away. In Kansas, any vehicle coming in from out of state has to be inspected for a match with the VIN on the paper work. I am going to try for a temporary tag and see what kind of a cat fight that will create. And thanks to a big sales tax increase on July 1, there goes another couple of hundred bucks. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:34 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
My wife and I, along with many on this forum, picked up our Escape and dragged it home without plates. In our case, we put 5000 miles on it until our plates caught up with us. We obeyed all traffic laws and always had all our paperwork available if needed. (Insurance, bill of sale, etc.) I've heard of many others with the same experience. Not having a plate was just a fact of where we live (NC) and did not impact our enjoyment of the wonderful trip home with our brand new Escape. Don't obsess over the lack of a plate - just enjoy the trip!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:55 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Kevin, I couldn't agree with this more. In the very unlikely event that you were stopped, you could simply produce the bill of sale and customs documents, and let the officer know you were transporting the trailer to your home state where you'll license it. Just enjoy the trip instead!

We had a paper "temp" license taped inside the rear window, but we really couldn't see it well because of the window tint. No biggie, since we probably didn't need it anyway.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #26

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
paperwork

I had to have a VIN checked on three different vehicles that were out of state or non-operable and the fine print allowed any peace officer to sign off.
The guy that I got out of bed at 6 a.m. in Pierre, SD wasn't too happy but I had an airplane scheduled to leave at 7. This worked for CA and UT.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
I had to have a VIN checked on three different vehicles that were out of state or non-operable and the fine print allowed any peace officer to sign off.
The guy that I got out of bed at 6 a.m. in Pierre, SD wasn't too happy but I had an airplane scheduled to leave at 7. This worked for CA and UT.
Jack
There are VIN checks and then there are VIN checks. In Texas, unfortunately, the form can only be signed by an officer who is a member of the Texas Auto Theft Task Force. Ugh.