Insurance on new Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Insurance on new Escape

After hearing the bad news about the small window issue, I finally received some good news today. I contacted Hartford AARP Insurance for a quote on the new E21. Since it will be used for recreational reasons and kept at home, wait for it............
$98/year, added to my automobile policy. Things are looking a little brighter today.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
And, what do you get for $98? What's the deductible? Is it full replacement insurance? How much liability insurance do you have? Covered for loss of use?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #3

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
And, what do you get for $98? What's the deductible? Is it full replacement insurance? How much liability insurance do you have? Covered for loss of use?
Towing?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
In Pennsylvania it is part of your automobile policy, same limits for comprehensive and collision and theft. No additional liability needed as it is not motorized, but your auto policy covers the liability which is 250/500/k with an additional umbrella.Rental of rv included. On edit, we already pay close to $1700/year for vehicles.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Towing?
We have Good Sam for towing, cars and rv. I believe it is $110/year for all vehicles owned.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have $3 million liability on the trailer and $5 million on the vehicle ( separate policies ). Seems $500,000 would cover aspirin in the US.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Personally I don't understand this quote, something is not right here, I just don't see a $30,000 travel trailer insured for $100 per year, and I'm talking comprehensive, collision, etc. Yes in most states the liability is only when the trailer is being towed, when parked it is not covered for a liability claim, plus I never heard of the trailer collision and comprehensive being part of the automobile policy. As far as I know everything has to have a stand alone policy to be covered, that is autos, boats, travel trailers, motor homes, motorcycles, jet skies, snow mobiles, etc. I would look into this a little farther just for your protection.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Just looked at mine, the form says collision and comp are Actual Cash Value, as opposed to replacement value. Says None for everything else, liability and such. From Amica here in Massachusetts, $200, $1000 deductible.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:08 AM   #9

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Personally I don't understand this quote, something is not right here, I just don't see a $30,000 travel trailer insured for $100 per year, and I'm talking comprehensive, collision, etc. Yes in most states the liability is only when the trailer is being towed, when parked it is not covered for a liability claim, plus I never heard of the trailer collision and comprehensive being part of the automobile policy. As far as I know everything has to have a stand alone policy to be covered, that is autos, boats, travel trailers, motor homes, motorcycles, jet skies, snow mobiles, etc. I would look into this a little farther just for your protection.

trainman
Traiman,
On my old Casita I had replacement value of $10,000 through Progressive, which cost about $275.00 a year. Last year I contacted my auto and home Insurer Cincinnati Ins, cost of the Casita, $63.00 a year. On my new Escape the cost is $90.00 a year. They told me similar to Jim that I am insuring for fire and theft. When the camper is being pulled by my truck, insurance is from the truck. I have agreed value insurance on the new Escape.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:19 AM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
Traiman,
On my old Casita I had replacement value of $10,000 through Progressive, which cost about $275.00 a year. Last year I contacted my auto and home Insurer Cincinnati Ins, cost of the Casita, $63.00 a year. On my new Escape the cost is $90.00 a year. They told me similar to Jim that I am insuring for fire and theft. When the camper is being pulled by my truck, insurance is from the truck. I have agreed value insurance on the new Escape.
From what you say in your post is that you have no collision on your trailer, yes your trailer would have liability when being towed by your vehicle, but liability is not collision. I would ask for a better description from your agent on what you really have and what coverages are actually in place.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:46 AM   #11

What we are saying is the premiums paid is for comprehensive and collision coverage, the liability portion coverage for the trailer is extended from the truck/auto when we are hooked and towing.
Sitting still, unhooked, no liability, just comp/collision/24/7/365.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Jim,
That’s exactly how USAA does the coverage on ours.
When towing, the trailer has exact coverage of the tow vehicle, and when unhooked it has its own comp/collision.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote