Mailing payments to Escape.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2016, 10:31 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Mailing payments to Escape....

Well, last week I mailed my final payment for Prairie Schooner and yesterday it came back, marked "additional postage due of $.27". It further stated to play the additional postage over the notice and resend. However the 2 stamps I had attached had been cancelled?
I went down to the local USPS and talked with them. I explained I had been mailing checks for years to Canada using 2 stamps, even used one stamp the first time and they were all delivered. Well it seems that International postage has gone up, now $1,21 to purchase an International stamp good for mailing anywhere. Rather than risk having the letter returned a second time, we put the original letter in another envelope, put an International Stamp as well as a customs declaration and mailed the envelope again inside.
Just wanted to pass on this info for those in the states making mail payments or sending any correspondence to Escape.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
It's always a good idea to go online to USPS to double check international postage. The price has changed over time, both up and down. While you're online with them, you can also purchase global international Forever stamps (which they had stopped issuing for a while, but they're available again - yay!), which are round and have a golden moon in the center. Pretty cool looking!

And, you can also stock up on sheets of the first class Forever stamps of the National Parks. They're almost too pretty to use, but I'll use 'em eventually.

Maybe part of the problem was you used two Forever stamps for first class mailing within the USA. Without an actual dollar amount on the stamps, it couldn't be applied towards the price of international mailing. And international is priced by the half ounce, not the full ounce that it is in the States.

However, good news it got returned to you, hopefully in a timely manner. I've had stuff take a very long time to get returned to me for one reason or another.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We have those national parks stamps, and yes, they are too pretty to use!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I don't mail to Canada very often so when I needed to send something to Manitoba this spring I went to the post office and said how much do you need. Trusting soul that I am he put a stamp on the letter and charged me $1.21 US . Over the years this philosophy has worked about 75% of the time, the rest of the times I get taken advantage of but oh well, I still have money for beer and the juke box.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I don't mail to Canada very often so when I needed to send something to Manitoba this spring I went to the post office and said how much do you need...
I rarely mail anything to anywhere, so unless it is a standard-size envelope going within Canada, I do the same thing - go the post office. That works every time. I don't even pay attention to the rate, because it probably won't be the same next time I mail something, anyway.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:34 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I rarely mail anything to anywhere, so unless it is a standard-size envelope going within Canada, I do the same thing - go the post office. That works every time. I don't even pay attention to the rate, because it probably won't be the same next time I mail something, anyway.
I've been mailing birthday & Christmas cards that have sound effects built it - they usually require additional postage, so I to now visit the post office. Along with weight, even small differences in thickness or envelope size make a change in the rate, even for mailing in the US.