Nevada DMV requesting a Lien Search. Where Can I find One? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2023, 08:40 AM   #21

Trailer: 2021 5.0
I have a tenant that turned in an application for rental assistance, so long ago she forgot about it. In December she gets notification she’s approved, along with a todo list, also one for me.

It’s had her all wound up, fortunately for me I’ve learned when dealing with government agencies low expectations and checking logic at the door pays off.

Dealing with the government was enough fun before covid and now with workers from home and physical office restrictions, it’s a whole new adventure.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:17 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape
I don't think the DMV is out of line with their request, and actually is of value to the puchaser. Even with some hoops and a fee. If the buyer later decides to sell the trailer he or she will have documentation for the three year period between purchase and original titling.

NMVTIS maintains a nationwide record of information by VIN. This source is generally used when titling a vehicle from out of state. States also have data bases for in-state transfers. VIN certification comes from local police dept, dmv, or other state office. It is a routine procedure. An additional search in BC might be required, don't know. If the VIN is entered on the NMVTIS site you will find out if the VIN is known to the database. I would start with this database and see if it satisfies the dmv.

This thread is of use to anyone buying a trailer because evidence of a clear title is crucial. I suggest that any buyer should verify title information with the dmv to find out if it is up to date and accurate. Running the VIN through the national database is also a good precaution. If the title shows a lien then close the deal at the lienholder's office to see that the lien is paid off and released.

It seems that the dmv usually accepts a verbal statement that there is no lien. This case, or Nevada, is different. Maybe it was the time lag.

I hope L in NV updates on how the process plays out.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 02:14 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 21 NE
Happy to report I received my tag yesterday.
L in NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 02:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs up

Congrats!
Old 03-09-2023, 04:18 PM   #25

Trailer: SOLD: 2005 17A; was waiting on a 2023 21C; found a 2017 21C - YAYAYAYAY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L in NV View Post
Happy to report I received my tag yesterday.
Yay!!!
mlowther is offline   Reply With Quote