Pricing: USA and Canada - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #41

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Escape are a wonderful rv but as some have also put it we can gripe, moan ,whine all we want to but it wil not change the business model ETI has chosen to now go with. So one can either buy an Escape knowing it hold its value and one can recoup most of what they have spent OR go buy a cheaper rv that as most of us know will require a ton of maintenance and when you try to sell it you will only get back a fraction of what you bought it for. To me, this thread beating a dead horse
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:21 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Escape are a wonderful rv but as some have also put it we can gripe, moan ,whine all we want to but it wil not change the business model ETI has chosen to now go with. So one can either buy an Escape knowing it hold its value and one can recoup most of what they have spent OR go buy a cheaper rv that as most of us know will require a ton of maintenance and when you try to sell it you will only get back a fraction of what you bought it for. To me, this thread beating a dead horse
Hi: Oldtimer... Having had 3 fiberglass trailers and 3 different tugs, I've lost more money on tugs than trailers!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1000257.jpg   P1000688.jpg   P1040472.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Won’t argue there on tugs and it’s the stick built rvs that one looses most of $$$$ where the fiberglass you get a good return on. Sometimes once in a while all of yer $$$ but that’s not very often
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #44

Trailer: Na
I hope the new policy its a risk transfer from ETI to its customers based on their cost base, not a simple profit making scheme. It’s a great product, we put our $US deposit down yesterday.
AdaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #45

Trailer: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Companies on both sides of the border do this. Escape’s not the only ones.
I would really love to hear about any US business were you walk in the door with American dollars to buy let's say a -Wheelbarrow-, and they say sure no problem, but I better check your "ID" first. Oh your Canadian, sorry we need to ding you another 12% to help cover the costs of the Canadian made tires we put on that wheelbarrow. No you don't understand, I'm here with American dollars for the Wheelbarrow. Yea, thats all fine and good but now I already know your Canadian so that ship has sailed. "Next in line please", oh your from Mexico, No problem here you go, India, sure heres a wheelbarrow, Wheelbarrow for you and you and all, uhmm except Canadians. You can have one, but whether you like it or not, it's gonna cost ya.... If I was a Canadian, take a guess where I would have them wheel that barrow.
XBeatzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #46

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBeatzX View Post
I would really love to hear about any US business were you walk in the door with American dollars to buy let's say a -Wheelbarrow-, and they say sure no problem, but I better check your "ID" first. Oh your Canadian, sorry we need to ding you another 12% to help cover the costs of the Canadian made tires we put on that wheelbarrow. No you don't understand, I'm here with American dollars for the Wheelbarrow. Yea, thats all fine and good but now I already know your Canadian so that ship has sailed. "Next in line please", oh your from Mexico, No problem here you go, India, sure heres a wheelbarrow, Wheelbarrow for you and you and all, uhmm except Canadians. You can have one, but whether you like or not, it's gonna cost ya....
There are a lot of business rules that exist for no reason. Why is a 74 year old man required to show proof of age in Tennessee at time of purchase of beer? Why can I only purchase a 12pack of beer at one time in Pennsylvania? Why is it you can not order 2 drinks at one time in a bar in Utah? It is all about regulatory and raising revenue.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #47

Trailer: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellduh326 View Post
Hi all. New to the Escape Forum. I have a 2015 Casita and on March 25th I contacted Escape and began the build process on an Escape 21. We did it in Canadian dollars, which would have saved me bunches in the end. My sales person was having phone problems and we were cut off before we could finish the build and put down my deposit. The next morning she contacted me after their morning staff meeting and said she needed to tell me something before we continued. Karl had just decided that they would no longer be doing any more builds for U S customers in Canadian dollars and she needed to know if this was a deal breaker. Was I happy that I was the lucky person to be blessed with this decision? No, absolutely not, but we discussed it at great length and I'm very happy to say my trailer will be ready on July 8th. I often wonder if we had been able to finish my build that day and put down my deposit, if it would have been locked in at Canadian rates. It's costing me a few thousand more, but none the less.... I Can't wait!!!
Wonder no more! I made it clear that I was going to pay in CAD using transfer wise when I put my deposit down. Didn't matter.
-dead horse beater J
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:54 PM   #48

Trailer: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There are a lot of business rules that exist for no reason. Why is a 74 year old man required to show proof of age in Tennessee at time of purchase of beer? Why can I only purchase a 12pack of beer at one time in Pennsylvania? Why is it you can not order 2 drinks at one time in a bar in Utah? It is all about regulatory and raising revenue.
I understand you get on every one of these threads like this doing your best at "Damage Control", I get it. Escape makes a wonderful trailer, and can do no wrong. But your really missing the optics of this, and your examples above exactly prove it. Yes, all those things I assume are 100% true and accurate. The difference is they are universal to ALL. In Tennessee they are going to ask EVERY 74 year old for an ID, in PA EVERYONE is going to be limited to a 12 pack, and in UT ALL are stuck with a single drink in front of them. It's not based on your nationality. And more importantly, a Penalty for being that nationality, for.... let's face it folks, Profit.
XBeatzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #49

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I usually can order 2 if I say the other is for my friend Harvey.

I remember when I was living in Buffalo, which Alan Alda aptly called a contradiction in terms,
I visited an international event in Toronto. The exchange rate was flipped the other way then. I paid for some things in US currency, paid the exchange rate differential, and got my change back in US currency. WTH was not an acronym back then. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #50

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
I would really love to hear about any US business were you walk in the door with American dollars to buy let's say a -Wheelbarrow-, and they say sure no problem, but I better check your "ID" first. Oh your Canadian, sorry we need to ding you another 12% to help cover the costs of the Canadian made tires we put on that wheelbarrow. No you don't understand, I'm here with American dollars for the Wheelbarrow. Yea, thats all fine and good but now I already know your Canadian so that ship has sailed. "Next in line please", oh your from Mexico, No problem here you go, India, sure heres a wheelbarrow, Wheelbarrow for you and you and all, uhmm except Canadians. You can have one, but whether you like it or not, it's gonna cost ya.... If I was a Canadian, take a guess where I would have them wheel that barrow.
I’ve come across it last year buying gym equipment from US and I was charged more because, yada yada yada.

I’ve already explained it a few posts earlier. Not going to go through it again. It wouldn’t matter anyways. Keep fighting your fight.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... My wife was going to order some crossstitch patterns and kits today. The US. Co's $5.99 S&H paid by US Credit card, once the sight found out she's Canadian, jumped a whopping $40.+ and most of the kits were Canadian to start with. Order cancelled!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #52

Trailer: Looking for 15b
I have found it extremely rare as a Canadian that I am not able to order from a US site at US prices and have them shipped to a US address. Anyone who lives near the border knows there are numerous businesses that exist just for this purpose. .I sometimes need to call as their site’s aren’t always set up for a Canadian address for billing purposes.
It is a totally different issue if they are mailing the item to Canada and it has to go through customs etc. They are not discriminating against you as a Canadian, they are shipping to another country and I am sure rates would be much higher to any other country. Escape already adds that expense on only for US buyers.
Shipping packages within Canada is very expensive, when our exchange rate was better I would go to the States to mail international packages as it was much cheaper.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:35 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
I have found it extremely rare as a Canadian that I am not able to order from a US site at US prices and have them shipped to a US address. Anyone who lives near the border knows there are numerous businesses that exist just for this purpose. .I sometimes need to call as their site’s aren’t always set up for a Canadian address for billing purposes.
It is a totally different issue if they are mailing the item to Canada and it has to go through customs etc. They are not discriminating against you as a Canadian, they are shipping to another country and I am sure rates would be much higher to any other country. Escape already adds that expense on only for US buyers.
Shipping packages within Canada is very expensive, when our exchange rate was better I would go to the States to mail international packages as it was much cheaper.
Shipping rate and exchange aside. May be rare but still happens. Still purchased because I wanted it.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #54

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
I have seen many US business's refuse to take my Canadian $ online. And some that would take CAD $ but increase the cost dramatically.
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Shipping rate and exchange aside. May be rare but still happens. Still purchased because I wanted it.
"I’ve already explained it a few posts earlier. Not going to go through it again. It wouldn’t matter anyways. Keep fighting your fight."

You promised!
Old 05-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucancallmejay View Post
"I’ve already explained it a few posts earlier. Not going to go through it again. It wouldn’t matter anyways. Keep fighting your fight."

You promised!
Just /

Can’t /

Resist. Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2020, 09:10 AM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
When I come back from Canada I usually have some Canadian nickels, dimes and quarters. The loonies and the twonies I keep in my console for the next trip. The other coins I pass when I need change. One day I needed thirty eight cents . I had a Canadian quarter and two Canadian nickels and three US pennies. The very young lady at the cash register happened to notice the Caribou on the quarter and said she’d never seen a quarter like that. I turned the nickel over and showed her the beaver on the back. Those are from the new wildlife series I told her. Neat she said and I got my coffee. Running a lightweight con I am:
Iowa Dave
Old 05-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Thanks Kootenaigirl for your understanding! I am empathetic towards Canadian folks who get screwed by their USD-CAD exchanges. But US folks getting screwed back won't help. Or does it?
Peace,
J
Old 05-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #59

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
When I come back from Canada I usually have some Canadian nickels, dimes and quarters. The loonies and the twonies I keep in my console for the next trip. The other coins I pass when I need change. One day I needed thirty eight cents . I had a Canadian quarter and two Canadian nickels and three US pennies. The very young lady at the cash register happened to notice the Caribou on the quarter and said she’d never seen a quarter like that. I turned the nickel over and showed her the beaver on the back. Those are from the new wildlife series I told her. Neat she said and I got my coffee. Running a lightweight con I am:
Iowa Dave
Conning a "Very young Lady", not something most would be proud of.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #60

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Let's not get political now. Back to he subject at hand. I went back and found all 4 of my build sheets. In 2012 the Escape cost me $35,000 cdn and I sent $31,000 US. In 2014 the introductory E21 cost me $34,000 cdn and I paid $30,000 Us. Both of these had exchange rates of 88%. In 2016 with price increases I paid $38,000 cdn and sent in $31,000 US or a rate of 81%. Finally in 2019 the E21 unit costs $42,000 cdn and I sent in $31,000 or a 73% rate. The avg rate is around .82 over 7 years. One can see the increased Canadian cost to purchase due to the lower rate of exchange. Seems like a .80 rate now is reasonable, lets see if it changes.

Tags
new escapes pricing