Production Time - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Production Time

Does anyone know how long it takes for Escape to build the 2nd generation campers from the ground up until they are ready for delivery to the customer? Curious to see if the upgrades they have made to their facilities has resulted in a faster construction process.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Mike, we were told our 21 was beginning production on April 15 and would be complete on May 15th.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Thanks Eric, our 19 is slated for June 29th so that gives me a good idea of when it should go into production (May 29). Was hoping the date might be moved up a week or two with the increased rate of production but kinda running out of time for that to happen.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
I ordered my 5.0TA Nov 2016. Original build date Nov 2017. I have been moved up 2 months since the expansion. Now have a build date of Sept.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
They have used a month and apparently they are staying with that. That gives them time to look everything over. They seem to finish before the month is up but it is still due to be done on the same date. There are good reasons why they would keep the original schedule. Of course, they may be able to change that a little later. They have only been in the new set-up a very short time.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:19 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Was their expansion expected to allow a given trailer to be completed in less time, or to allow more trailers to be built at the same time?
RF Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:16 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Our 1st photos were received on January 26 and our finial photos before it went to QC were received on February 8. That is just time on the production line and does not count the fiberglass shop time. They were also closed for 2 days because of a major snow storm during our build.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #8

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
I suspect that as the production of these trailers is a very manual process, the expansion of their facilities allows ETI to double the number of trailers they are working on at any time rather than reduce the time taken to build one by half. However, the expansion does allow an increase in efficiency which will naturally lead to a reduction in building time.

That being said, I think that ETI are being extremely cautious about managing customers' expectations. Building in a little slack time for them to work with allows them to ensure that all their production is completed as promised, even if they encounter any production issues which will inevitably occur, its just normal - its going to happen. Way better to under promise and over deliver, in that way you look like a hero if things are early, rather than over promise and under deliver, where you look like a failure. Has anyone on the forum ever reported that ETI didn't meet a promised date?
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote