Renting out trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2020, 09:00 PM   #1

Trailer: None yet
Renting out trailer

Has anyone rented their trailer out on one of those RV rental websites like air b&b? What was your experience? Was their demand? How much did you rent it for?
JoeJoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Yes I have...I don't have my Escape yet, but up until now I had an Arctic Fox trailer, I rented it out on Outdoorsy, RVShare and AirBnB. I didn't let anyone tow it...instead, my ad was that I would deliver and setup at a campsite, and pick it up after. I charged extra for all that...I got $220/night, plus cleaning fees! My experiences were all positive, perhaps in part because I was picky about who rented it, I communicated with them before approving to make sure they were decent and respectful and all that. And all of my renters were! Only one renter left it a bit dirty, all the others left it super clean...
TahoeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:04 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I personally would not rent my trailer, because I have loaned tools and other items to people and in some cases, they have come back damaged or unusable. And I let an acquaintance use my Coleman tent trailer many years ago and despite setup and takedown demonstrations, there were two holes in the canvas when it was returned. As far as the trailer is concerned, by not renting it to anyone, if it gets damaged in any way I have only myself to blame. YMMV!
Old 09-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 none
Having retired from 30 years as an insurance agent I strongly i courage you to contact your agent or company and discuss the venture. I’m in the US so don’t have details other than in the US,

I understand some of the companies you can rent through have ways of providing insurance while rented, but it brings into to potential problems. First is you know have a business venture which is likely not covered sand second, you creat a shared loss situation where two insurance companies share in a loss. In a shared loss both companies pay the claim equally, but if their cover wages are different they pay only their pro rats share leaving you with some of the loss that isn’t covered.

Be carefull and do your homework.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote