For Sale ETI Power Cord - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
ETI Power Cord

ETI power cord
30 amp power cord, 25 foot, removable.
L5-30R female end, with threaded ring retainer.
Fits Escape shore power fitting.
We got this new when we got our 2015 15B. It has been used a few times but is in good condition. We also don't have AC or microwave and so don't use this 30 amp. cord. Will sell for $60 FOB Salt Lake. Weighs 8 lbs, unpacked. According to a previous post, ETI is selling these cords for $150.
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I may be wrong, but I believe ETI charges $160 for the detachable shore power cord option, which isn’t just the cord. It includes the price of the socket and the added work to install it. If one purchases a brand new 25-foot 30 amp cord the current retail price (Walmart, Amazon, Camping World) averages around $60 US. I would be surprised if ETI is selling just the cord for $160. If so, it would definitely be a rip-off.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
C&G:
You're right that the $160 price is for the complete removable cord package, I used the price mentioned by a previous poster. In fact, the current price for the complete package is $145 for the 17B. So, if anyone needs a removable cord (just the cord), I have one for $50 plus shipping from SLC. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Dave Smith
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 17A
When you buy that bargain cord from Walmart, be sure that the trailer end has the correct fitting. Not all 30 amp cords have the same ends.
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Cords

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
When you buy that bargain cord from Walmart, be sure that the trailer end has the correct fitting. Not all 30 amp cords have the same ends.
The one I got from you works perfectly. I like the offset angle for taking some stress off the trailer plug. My original cord was split on the cord covering right where it went into the trailer end plug. I’ve got it all cleaned up and am going to put a female RV 30amp end on it and use it as a drop cord. I’ve only needed a drop cord a couple times in the last few years when my stock cord was too short to reach the power post. One time a fellow camper loaned me one that was a 30 amp unit. Worked fine. The other times I used a 12/3 with an adapter. I’ve not needed one when I wanted to use the AC but thought this is my opportunity to: Be “more” Prepared. Checked the Escape this morning and Fire alarm was beeping so time for a battery change which I did. Thanks Again
Iowa Dave
Old 09-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
Walmart sell 30 amp cords with twist lock fittings as well as 30 amp extension cords. Same is true for Amazon and the dreaded Camping World. Good point. Make sure you buy/order the appropriate cord.