Screen Room For Sale - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Screen Room For Sale

I have a screen room for sale from our 2014 Escape 19. We have owned our trailer for 5 years and have not used it during that time, as it isn't necessary where we live. In near new condition. Asking $200.00. Located in Bend, OR but shipping is available.

Ben
kellyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
Does it fit just the 19?
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderBred View Post
Does it fit just the 19?
I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. Does Escape use various awning lengths for different length trailers?
Old 03-15-2022, 08:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyben View Post
I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. Does Escape use various awning lengths for different length trailers?
Would you be able to provide the dimensions, the name of the manufacturer and possibly a link to the appropriate website for the screen room, please?
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Currently, the power awning for the 19 is 12 feet in length, the 21 NE and C have 13-foot-long power awnings. The manual awning lengths are 12'3" for the 19 and 13'5" for the 21 NE and C.
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:29 PM   #6

No takers so far. Willing to give this away to anyone who can use it if you can pick up in Bend, OR.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We had a 2010 19. It had a screen room. We used it and really enjoyed on calm nights especially when camped along creeks where there were lots of bugs. We kept it when we got the 21. With Rita’s excellent design and sewing skills, and my Milwaukee drill, we installed snaps on the 21 and adapted the 19 screen room to the 21. It came out perfect. We got the snap components and tools from Sail Rite in Indiana. I sealed each snap with butyl tape and the snaps worked out very well.

I installed additional grommets which allow the outer edge to be securely installed on uneven ground further thwarting ground hugging creatures. Takes about 10 minutes to set up , stores in the front side box drivers side of the 21. Two spring loaded support poles for top edge suspension along with the manual awning rail.

Like any job, judicious planning, measured execution and a finished vision make ultimate enjoyment possible.

I had my five trout limit in the cooler one night, sipping a very cold Belgian ale, mosquitoes humming outside of the screen and camped next to a big hole along a trout stream, The fish I didn’t catch went on a feeding frenzy just after dark. Truly a full sensory experience when I put the cold beer bottle against my forehead. I went on a feeding frenzy the next day.

Here’s one pic of the room and one of the the skirting that Rita took while we were about to finish the job. It’s two days before the 142 mph. derecho hit our place and all Hell broke loose. No damage to the Escape garage though. The building has been perfect for us.

Working on any project inside is far superior to being outside in my opinion. Those aren’t vertical scratches below the belly band, they are reflections from the entry zipper in Rita’s wax job that’s good enough to comb your hair, if you have hair.

Iowa Dave and Birthday girl this week Rita.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2022, 08:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We have a 2016 classic and I think it is the same trailer. I would love to have it. We are planning to travel from Boise Idaho area to Portland Oregon this summer. If our route doesn’t take us through Bend I would gladly pay for shipping and handling to ship to my brothers house
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:36 AM   #9

Jellybean,
I sent you a PM did you not get it?
Old 06-01-2022, 11:20 AM   #10

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
We have a 2016 classic and I think it is the same trailer. I would love to have it. We are planning to travel from Boise Idaho area to Portland Oregon this summer. If our route doesn’t take us through Bend I would gladly pay for shipping and handling to ship to my brothers house
If you are able to acquire the screen room, Sailrite has an assortment of adhesive snap fasteners you'll need for the skirt. These SNADs hold well and don't require drilling into the trailer shell.
https://www.sailrite.com/search?keywords=snads
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
If you are able to acquire the screen room, Sailrite has an assortment of adhesive snap fasteners you'll need for the skirt. These SNADs hold well and don't require drilling into the trailer shell.
https://www.sailrite.com/search?keywords=snads
That’s an excellent idea, I was not too keen on the idea of drilling holes in the side of our trailer
Thanks
Old 06-06-2022, 12:53 AM   #12

Does anyone know how to contact kellyben? He doesn’t seem to answer his PM
Old 06-06-2022, 07:04 AM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
Does anyone know how to contact kellyben? He doesn’t seem to answer his PM
Maybe try an email, it's available through his profile.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote