Solo Stove Bonfire Pellet Adapter - Free! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2023, 01:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Solo Stove Bonfire Pellet Adapter - Free!

For the cost of postage I will gladly send someone a new, in the box Solo Stove Pellet Adapter for the BONFIRE size fire pit.

I ordered the Ranger size and they sent this in error. They finally sent me the correct size and said they didn’t want me to return this one so I am happy to gift it to anyone for the cost of postage or if you are in the greater Houston, Tx area I am happy to meet.

Best contact is jstelly at gmail dot com.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8612.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	68289
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8613.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	68290
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
This pellet adapter has gone to a new home and is no longer available. Thanks for your interest!
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 08:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2012 E19
Great that you could make someone happy with that thing! My daughter got me a Solo Mesa for Christmas, it has the pellet screen already built in, and I've used it several times with pellets.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mike
What “grade” or type of pellet are you having the best results with?
Thanks
Iowa Dave
Old 03-09-2024, 11:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Mike
Thanks
Iowa Dave
Dave, I'm using some of the hardwood pellets they sell in big bags for pellet stove fuel. I just looked at this bag and it's branded "Magic Spark." When my daughter gave me the Mesa she included a ziplock bag of her own stash (she has a pellet stove in her house) and it burned pretty much the same as the pellets I already had, which I'd bought for my Repose "fire logs" (rectangular wire enclosures). One thing to note is that moisture can get to the pellets after while if they're stored in a humid location; I had some stored in my trailer for a year and they got to where they wouldn't burn worth a hoot. I do like the Mesa better than the Repose logs; the Mesa's flame is bigger because of the air flow and it looks more satisfying.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:10 AM   #6

Pellets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Dave, I'm using some of the hardwood pellets they sell in big bags for pellet stove fuel. I just looked at this bag and it's branded "Magic Spark." When my daughter gave me the Mesa she included a ziplock bag of her own stash (she has a pellet stove in her house) and it burned pretty much the same as the pellets I already had, which I'd bought for my Repose "fire logs" (rectangular wire enclosures). One thing to note is that moisture can get to the pellets after while if they're stored in a humid location; I had some stored in my trailer for a year and they got to where they wouldn't burn worth a hoot. I do like the Mesa better than the Repose logs; the Mesa's flame is bigger because of the air flow and it looks more satisfying.
Thanks Mike, I appreciate it.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-10-2024, 11:41 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Mike
Thanks
Iowa Dave
We have a Ranger with the pellet adapter and use a mix of hardwood pellets used in smokers and fuel wood pellets. The fuel pellets put out more heat and of course, burn quicker while the hardwood pellets do the opposite. We use a very scientific method of 1 scoop(Chobani 32oz yogurt container) hardwood to every 3 scoops fuel wood. A full Ranger with this mix will burn for about 90 minutes.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 06:36 PM   #8

Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
We have a Ranger with the pellet adapter and use a mix of hardwood pellets used in smokers and fuel wood pellets. The fuel pellets put out more heat and of course, burn quicker while the hardwood pellets do the opposite. We use a very scientific method of 1 scoop(Chobani 32oz yogurt container) hardwood to every 3 scoops fuel wood. A full Ranger with this mix will burn for about 90 minutes.
Thanks for the recipe. I think those solo stoves are neat. I was at a couple campfires with them and was impressed with the no smoke aspect a friend of mine has a top of the line meat smoker and of course uses pellets that smoke on purpose. I’ve done fish smoking over the years especially trout. I always made sure my wood chips were either green or soaked up with some water.
Iowa Dave