Wanted: 17B mattress - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17B
Wanted: 17B mattress

Hi There.
I am looking for a mattress for a 17B in new or good condition. I reached out to Escape after sales support and they were completely useless. If anyone has a mattress they'd like to part with please let me know. Preferably Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, or BC as I will be travelling through all of them over the summer. thanks.
Millman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:30 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Did you contact any of your local matress stores. Particularly those that fashion matresses on site. There are several chains in the states that will create a custom matress in a reasonable time and for a fair price.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Did you contact any of your local matress stores. Particularly those that fashion matresses on site. There are several chains in the states that will create a custom matress in a reasonable time and for a fair price.
I never knew that would be possible. I'll check if there is anywhere local that could custom make us something. Thanks for the tip!
Millman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I just put a squishy full size mattress in mine. Works fine- not loose on the edges like a custom one but it's very comfortable.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
We just use a piece of custom foam. Works great.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:31 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Contact your local RV dealerships and marinas and ask who makes custom mattresses. I have seen many RV's on lots with out mattresses. I always figured they were doing an up sell. Buy the RV and we'll get you a custom mattress.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:06 PM   #7

Trailer: Starcraft 20BH
I've got one I'd like to sell. Like brand new, always been covered. Willing to work withyou on price. e-mail: beb11160@bellsouth.net
PoppyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:46 PM   #8

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millman View Post
Hi There.
I am looking for a mattress for a 17B in new or good condition. I reached out to Escape after sales support and they were completely useless. If anyone has a mattress they'd like to part with please let me know. Preferably Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, or BC as I will be travelling through all of them over the summer. thanks.
If we were needing a new mattress we'd go to Dormir Bedding in North East Calgary. 403-457-2711...2520, 23 Str. NE...........oops - just noticed how old the OP is...
Old 08-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Dang, too bad the distance that separates us is an obstacle as we have a custom dual density 6" thick mattress with less than 2-weeks of use from our 15A. I think they are the same size/dimensions.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
We ordered a 3" thick piece of HD36 foam from foambymail.com. I think it was 54" X 66" but measure to be sure because I can't find the order receipt right now. I cut the outer corners to fit against the rounded back wall. This goes on top of the dinette cushions which we had been sleeping on for years. The 3" HD36 foam is a huge improvement. It's the same thing I have in my cabover camper and that is sitting directly on a hard surface rather than foam cushions. It's amazing stuff.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:07 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 2018 17B
Mattress

Did you ever find a mattress?

We bought a used 17B last year and have not had a chance to use it. It came with the factory mattress. We decided that was not the configuration that suited us so we ordered the cushions and hardware to convert it back to the 4 place dinette. Came in last Monday, now we have a mattress if anyone wants/needs one.

Previous owner hardly used the RV so mattress is like brand new. Not stains etc.

We live in Anacortes, Washington.
Attached Thumbnails
047A80AF-AC08-4227-B868-D1FF235FFD55.jpg  
Pfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote