2009 Escape 17B, $19,900 CAD, Regina SK, Canada
We are moving from our 2009 17b to a new 5.0 for delivery May 2023. We purchased the 17b from its original owner (on the forum) in December 2020 when we could not find a suitable used 5.0, which was our first choice when we went on the waiting list for a new 5.0 (we stayed on the list and have watched prices climb, of course).
The 17b has been a great trailer—it has been a very difficult decision as to whether to make the switch (we took an extra year).
Here is the original forum post from when we purchased the trailer: 2009-17b-escape-19613.html
Since the purchase we have made a few changes, including:
- installed Progressive EMS
- installed new circuit board for MaxxFan (having conformal coated it to avoid future difficulties, per instructions on forum—works great)
- installed new MaxxFan lid
- replaced power cord hatch cover
- replaced passenger side vent cover
- replaced wooden battery supports
Tires look to be in good shape but are from 2016. Batteries are in good shape and are from 2020. We serviced the brakes and bearings when we first bought the trailer and again this last fall.
The trailer came with a weight distribution hitch, which we have not used. We also have new vinyl rock guards (from ETI) and a new propane tank cover that are not yet installed.
Smoke free, pet free (except a couple times when our cat—who does not travel with us—snuck in).
A very nice trailer you will enjoy!