FOR SALE - 2016 21ft One of a kind, new condition - Anaheim CA -$28,500 USD - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ring-9732.html
Old 09-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #22

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ring-9732.html

2018 Quartzsite Gathering Hosts: Scamp Owners International

This gathering is for all brands of Molded Fiberglass Trailers! Like Salmon returning home all brands of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers make the annual pilgrimage to the AZ Desert.

February 9th to 11th - Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)

Who Can Attend: Owners of all Molded Fiberglass Trailers brands - Casita, Scamp, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Bigfoot, Lil’ Snoozy, Compact Jr., Trillium, Boler, Parkliner, Eggcamper, Perris Pacer, etc. This gathering has always been, and will continue to be, a melting pot of all molded fiberglass trailer brands.
Will my truck's molded fiberglass shell qualify ?
We would like to attend the main event as the jet lag should be over by then.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Everyone's always welcome at SOI events! We have folks come by in tents, truck campers, sticky dark-side trailers, etc. Just come and enjoy...
Old 09-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Hi Pat,

Well, 12v fridge is not for everyone. Those that enjoy long boondocking would be well served with the traditional adsorption propane powered refrigerator. That camping style means you are in a place all spread out and comfy with rug, awning, BBQ, tables and chairs and no 110v supply. In that case you probably don't want electric fridge. If that was our camping style we would use a propane fridge as it's fuel is readily available when visiting nearby town with empty tank in back of your vehicle.

If you have ample roof solar to re-charge while boondocking then yes 12v fridge could be an option.
Mix of both , boondocking and sometimes campgrounds . Not looking for huge refrigerator , currently have 4.3 .Could even go smaller . What I have learned is the installation is very important of the absorption refrigerator. That can greatly improve it's performance . Still looking at comressor refrigerator if there ever needs to be a replacement . We can compare the 2 older Dometic absorption refrigerators we had worked a lot better . Expensive component that barely works with these newer ones . Our kids in there new RV's have 3door compressor refrigerators . It is getting more common , mostly on bigger RV's . Would still go small . Pat
Old 09-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Santiago, thanks for your thorough and thoughtful response. Yes, Miami has changed; not all for the better, but it still has its charms. Let's see how we fare after the next hurricane that should be along shortly.
It's interesting that you have settled on the Ram promaster. An excellent choice for the type of touring you anticipate. I have long lusted after the Safari Condo Promaster MX 18 made in Canada. A rare bird here in the USA. Best of luck and do keep us informed of your progress.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #26

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Everyone's always welcome at SOI events! We have folks come by in tents, truck campers, sticky dark-side trailers, etc. Just come and enjoy...
Thanks Greg, looking forward going next February. I hear that besides rocks and gems there is a great RV show there as well. Can't wait to see you guys.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #27

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Thanks!

Thank you for the info on your awesome trailer. It looks amazing! I'll keep my eye on this thread.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm2954 View Post
Thank you for the info on your awesome trailer. It looks amazing! I'll keep my eye on this thread.
Hi Sherm, glad you liked it.

I see you will likely get to see a 21' in person in your area. If you do, I think you will like the 21'.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Maybe?
This Looks Like a Great Trailer

I just emailed you! I am interested!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #30

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Hi Sherm, glad you liked it.

I see you will likely get to see a 21' in person in your area. If you do, I think you will like the 21'.
There are actually 2 of the Escape 21 trailers in our town. One is owned by someone about 3 blocks from my house. I have an appointment to visit and see one for the first time tomorrow afternoon.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm2954 View Post
There are actually 2 of the Escape 21 trailers in our town. One is owned by someone about 3 blocks from my house. I have an appointment to visit and see one for the first time tomorrow afternoon.
Wow ! Three blocks ! You are the envy of 99% of those looking to see a real Escape in the wild for first time.

Enjoy the experience and imagine yourselves living in it for very periods of time if you are going to tour North America as you indicated. I call the 21' model a small Manhattan apartment on wheels and yes it felt that way to us.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #32

Refering to another For Sale post

A brief discussion of used Escape trailer pricing not being comparable with other types of vehicles especially non molded fiberglass trailers is shown below by forum member WETZK. I am often asked this.

For Sale: 2015 Escape 17B - $24,000 USD/$28,800 CDN -Vancouver, Canada
Today, 06:45 AM post #6 by WETZK Senior Member
Location: West Coast, Florida Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 Posts: 323
Quote:
"Also add in the wait time for a new one. Being able to get the trailer right away versus some time in the future adds value. Ourselves we were content to wait for ours. But not all can do that."

I would like to add that despite molded fiberglass trailers having a useful service life of many decades, they are RARE. Their DNA ensures they last, they are hand made to a different standard by small manufacturers that in the case of Escape not only offer excellent value, they take care of owners.

This is not the case with mammoth size assembly line trailer manufacturers building many per day and only sold by independent dealers that often do not know their product.

Last reason behind pricing aside from instant availability verses many months wait is that if you don't take delivery at the British Columbia factory, shipping to you costs $2.20 per mile.

By the way, my build wait time was 14 months and worth it.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:29 AM   #33

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Hello All,
We had the chance to go and see this wonderful 21' Escape just a couple days after it was posted on the market for sale. Santiago and Kim were wonderful, gracious hosts who put a lot of time, energy, and thought into this trailer. We full time in a 2013 5.0, and if this trailer had been available on the market when purchased our 5.0, we would have purchased this one in a hot second (especially understanding the escape trailer better as we do now).
Some items that really impressed us.
-First and foremost, the fridge. It is hard to believe that 99% of trailer companies, even our beloved egg campers, are still installing the "dinosaur" absorption fridges. I know that some would disagree, but believe me, after living with a 3-way fridge full-time, they are not dependable performers. As soon as you are north of 72-75 F, all bets are off in terms of the fridge holding acceptable fridge temps. Once you are north of 90 F, the freezer portion becomes unacceptably warm. Oh, and on the other end, when it is colder, the fridge will start to freeze on you. All in all, the rapid up and downswings of these fridges are terrible, and the fluctuations are not safe for food storage. 12 volt compressor fridges are the way to go. We are currently making an upgrade to one. With an appropriate solar set-up or charging option, you can boondock no problem, and forget about propane. Oh, and the Novakool model he installed has a huge capacity. Not to mention, no fridge vents in the side of the trailer and he fully insulated the fridge compartment.
- Condition over-all, this trailer is brand new, well better than new.
- Santiago installed a back-up camera, heavy duty wiring and charger (see his description) for fast and efficient charging by the Tug.
- He left out the typical roof-top a/c unit. We have found that even our 11,500 BTU unit is complete overkill for an egg, it ices you out in no time. He described plans to us for an under-bench smaller unit, that could be easily operated by a Honda 2000 (without skirting the edge of the generators capacity), that would be plenty powerful to cool down the camper. You also now have a sleeker roof line.
- Lots of battery storage. He has done an exceptional job with installing 520 amps of agm storage, weight properly distributed and professionally organized. This is more than twice our capacity, I'm jealous.
- Great weight distributing hitch and lock.
- The front storage container is perfect for a generator, hoses, blocks, chocks, etc. (also has the rock shield).
- His charge controller and battery monitor are top of the line kit.
- There is storage galore in this rig, more than we have.

Believe me, you could wait 12 or more months for Escape to build you your own unit, or you can just buy this one, that took some serious arm wrenching by Santiago to get them to build. He is someone who really understands these campers, and knew exactly how he wanted to execute it, and get the job done even better. We would buy a Santiago modified Escape trailer, any day.

All the best to those hunting for a new rig, and whoever grabs this one is 'in like a burglar.'

Thanks Santiago for showing us your fine work.

Best,

Clay and Cait
Old 09-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #34

Oh my God Clay! This has to the the mother of all unsolicited testimonies ; > )
Can you say ... big time blushing?

Clay, Caitlin and little four legged Lucy ... thank you for your kind words.

You two are not "customers" but came over to talk egg and see another way to solve common trailer problems, discuss design and enjoy time together. I certainly had a blast discussing all things egg with you Clay as you are certainly technical, analytical, determined and above all a very curious young man. I can't say it enough, you and Caitlin left a big impression on us and of course you three are most welcome to visits any time when in town. Hopefully by then we would have our custom class-B van finished. Based on our drawings it will be in the tradition of typical 6 meter class "Euro motorhomes". I love it when starting with an empty shell and it's all mine to design.

I will continue to follow you on your blog ( Two Plus Lu – Full-time RVers, boondockers, and enthusiasts of our dog. )and as I said before have learned and been inspired by the content and the clear writing. Hoping to see you guys at Quartzsite next February.

Our Escape will sell, no doubt, but it has to be the right owner that understands what it is and is not. Above all it has to go to a good home. We have till next summer, meantime it has a home.

Thank you again for your kind words, am still blushing here.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #35

Trailer: NA
Interested

My wife and I are going to be in the area on October first around 3 or 4pm. Could we check it out? Thanks!
Old 09-25-2017, 11:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTimberbury View Post
My wife and I are going to be in the area on October first around 3 or 4pm. Could we check it out? Thanks!
Hi Will, I sent you a forum private message. If you like you can email me at w721731@gmail.com and we can discuss. Thanks
Old 10-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #37

Trailer: 2012 casita spirit
is the trailer sold
Old 10-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellye View Post
is the trailer sold
Hi, no it is not. Please email me at. W721731@gmail.com
Old 10-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #39

Trailer: 2008 Aliner
21 ' escape

Mr. Santiago, my name is Ray and I am interested in your trailer. We live in the ST.Louis MO. area. What did you mean in your add "Will work with you on delivery."
Thank You
Old 10-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #40

Trailer: 2003 Sportsmobile
Hello its Tiger in Long Beach CA

I sent you an email early Monday hoping to see and inspect your trailer, wondering if you got it and hope I can see it ASAP, I sent my cell #

I hope your not impacted by the fires in A Hills!