K&k's trailer / there currently is a deposit on the trailer - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #21

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
how much or best offer

I believe in the seller setting the price and the buyer says ok or makes an offer, price gets set and the deal is done. I have walked away a couple of times when the seller wants to renegotiate after the deal is made. One car I took a deposit on and the fellow was planning a trip from Norway to pick it up, a local then decided he wanted it, I had the local call my house on the date to talk to the "new owner". The car was driven from SLC to Maryland and shipped to Norway. I should have kept that one, a '55 Ford Crown Vic with a glass top.
Jack
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I see this happening a lot on Craigslist when folks sell all-molded-towables. It happens when the seller doesn't spend time and due diligence to know what a trailer is worth or its desirability. Often the ad is pulled when the phone starts ringing off the hook, then the ad is reposted with a higher sale price.

I'm so sorry you got caught up in this ISeyes. I can just imagine how awful the experience was for you. Please don't think all Escape owners behave in such a deceitful manner. This is the FIRST time, I've read this happening once a deposit has been made and accepted.

I wish you well.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
That's too bad.

A man's word is his bond. That's what I was taught by my Dad, and have lived by to this day. It keeps me in good stead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Simple. Karma will do it's thing, duly reward folks with what they deserve. It is fine to take multiple offers, but once a deal is made and a deposit accepted, the dealing is done.
Hi: Jim Bennett... Buyers karma might just run over sellers dogma!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 05-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
Not someone I'd do business with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Dirty. K&K should be crossed off everyone's list going forward. Ads should not be accepted here from them in the future.
Geographically unlikely, but jus' sayin'...I wouldn't if'n I could.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Casita 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
Geographically unlikely, but jus' sayin'...I wouldn't if'n I could.
Should be taken off the sellers listing as not ethical practices......
Old 03-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #27

Trailer: 1998 Casita Spirit
Horrible!

That truly is horrible! I am so sorry! I would like to share an opposite story. Eleven years ago I was referred to someone who was selling their 17' Casita and I was told the price at the time. Because they lived hours away and I could not get up there for another week or so, I wanted to send a deposit, but the gentleman wouldn't take it; he wanted to meet me first and make sure it was what I really wanted. My daughter, who was getting ready to leave for Air Force basic training, and my very large furry dog accompanied me. Turned out the man had been in the Air Force, had a large fluffy dog he loved, and liked me. He dropped the asking price $500! So whereas most of us FGRV people are just plain nice, there are some at real opposite ends of the spectrum!