Officially looking for a 5.0! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2017, 06:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Escape 5.0
Officially looking for a 5.0!

Thanks to a local 2016 5.0 owner showing us his rig, my husband and I are officially on the lookout for one of our very own. I can't believe I almost bought a stick TT. [emoji33] We had even checked out a Scamp 5th wheel previously and wow, what a difference between the two. The quality overall, and height of the interior of the Escape is definitely a step above! Anyways, anyone looking to sell within the mid-states or east coast, please shout out.
We are looking for a double axle model. I can't wait to find one of my own. The search is on [emoji51][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #2

Trailer: None now
Good luck!
You might consider inquiring with Escape to see how long it would take to have one build to your own preferences. The days of the year long plus wait are in the past now. That way you can decide on what you would like in your trailer. Or you may luck out and find the perfect used one.

We had thought about doing that back when we decided our last stick build was our last stick build. But the 19's which is the size we decided we wanted that were coming available often had options we didn't really want like solar. We like to park in deep shade, although the last trip in pine tree sap hell may make us reconsider that.

An advantage to buying new is with the present exchange rate the new ones are often not much more than the used ones. These trailers really hold their value!
Old 07-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Ken is correct. I just looked at their production schedule for the 5.0TA and if you ordered today (or thereabouts) you'd be looking at a Dec 14th or 19th delivery. Of this year!!! That's nothing compared to how long it took many of us to wait. We had to wait several months before we could order as their books were closed. And then almost a year from the time we put down that deposit to when I picked it up at the factory.

And yeah, you'd get to pick all of the options that you wanted. We had a used one offered to us while we were waiting to order and we decided not to go for it as we wanted to pick our own flooring, formica and fabric. As well as other options. We're very glad we waited.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I will add to the many who've mentioned the wait times for a new build are falling fast. If you happen to find a 5.0TA in the near future that meets your needs, by all means jump on it - but building your own means you get it exactly how you want it. The customization options are one of the major selling points for Escapes, and something other manufacturers rarely do.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The customization options are one of the major selling points for Escapes, and something other manufacturers rarely do.
And all the excitement building your own build sheet Do not miss that!
You gonna end up with the trailer you love, the convenience you like, and the o so good feeling of accomplishment! (and warranty!).
Old 07-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #6

Thanks all, I can wait for a build but I don't want to drive all the way to BC to get it. Does anyone know about the freight charges and if having it dropped off within the states but maybe not as close that you can still save money? But then I guess having to drive somewhere to get it still cost money though. Ugh, just trying to think of ways I could cut costs which is why I'm hoping for a slightly used model which I know will be hard to come by.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #7

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I looked into delivery vs picking up from MA to save $, it was a wash with hotels and all on the way out. My delivery was $3300 but it's gone up since 2014. At the time you could pick up in Elkhart Indiana, but that too may have changed.

It ended up worth the drive out if you want to turn it into a vacation, I didn't have the time for such.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I looked into delivery vs picking up from MA to save $, it was a wash with hotels and all on the way out. My delivery was $3300 but it's gone up since 2014. At the time you could pick up in Elkhart Indiana, but that too may have changed.

It ended up worth the drive out if you want to turn it into a vacation, I didn't have the time for such.

I guess I'll have to look into both options and actually see how much freight would be. I think it may be over 5k though which is what I'm preparing myself for. [emoji29]

Old 07-03-2017, 03:03 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
ETI will be the best source for an answer to your delivery question. I know they have prices quoted on their site for mileage, but I don't know where all they'll make deliveries. They try to group them together, whenever possible.

Yeah, it would be a long drive out for you, plus you'd have to haul stuff with you that you want to put in your trailer for the trip home. However, you'd have a rare chance to see parts of the country that you might not be able to see again for a long time.

But, Dec delivery would be tricky for getting back to VA. They can hold your trailer for pick up later in the following year when the weather is better for travel. I don't know how that would affect delivery to your area though - another thing to ask them.

Yep, lots to ponder. And research.

I think I have a memory of someone shipping/trucking their tow vehicle to somewhere close (Seattle or some such) and then driving back. Or they were thinking of it. Another option to research.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
ETI will be the best source for an answer to your delivery question. I know they have prices quoted on their site for mileage, but I don't know where all they'll make deliveries. They try to group them together, whenever possible.

Yeah, it would be a long drive out for you, plus you'd have to haul stuff with you that you want to put in your trailer for the trip home. However, you'd have a rare chance to see parts of the country that you might not be able to see again for a long time.

But, Dec delivery would be tricky for getting back to VA. They can hold your trailer for pick up later in the following year when the weather is better for travel. I don't know how that would affect delivery to your area though - another thing to ask them.

Yep, lots to ponder. And research.

I think I have a memory of someone shipping/trucking their tow vehicle to somewhere close (Seattle or some such) and then driving back. Or they were thinking of it. Another option to research.

Yes, so many things to think about. I think having time off from work and taking the trip up there would be the hardest. Take all that time to do it and then not have time the same year to actually enjoy it. Too bad I can't retire. Too many years still for that. Lol [emoji23]

Old 07-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Best of luck in your search, we LOVE our 5.0 single axle. We were beyond lucky that when we started looking, there was one (!) 5.0 on the market in flawless condition. Granted, we were in Arizona at the time and the camper was in Georgia, but it was only a few long days of driving
Old 07-03-2017, 04:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPlusLu View Post
Best of luck in your search, we LOVE our 5.0 single axle. We were beyond lucky that when we started looking, there was one (!) 5.0 on the market in flawless condition. Granted, we were in Arizona at the time and the camper was in Georgia, but it was only a few long days of driving

It didn't happen to be that one in Atlanta that was a 2012 or something and was listed last fall/winter was it?! If so, totally saw that one but had know clue at the time I would love the setup/quality/look of these. Oh well [emoji17] I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Old 07-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark8 View Post
It didn't happen to be that one in Atlanta that was a 2012 or something and was listed last fall/winter was it?! If so, totally saw that one but had know clue at the time I would love the setup/quality/look of these. Oh well [emoji17] I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
Given there are so few of them on the market, it probably was the same one! We bought it end of February/early March but it was first listed the previous November, I think.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #14

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0
HokieEscape 5.0

Hi, Dan here.
We have JUST decided to list our beloved HokieEscape 5.0. In great shape!! I just wrote Tammy today, asking what a fair price would be. We are in Farmville, Va
drdan4jan@gmail.com
Old 08-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie Escape View Post
Hi, Dan here.

We have JUST decided to list our beloved HokieEscape 5.0. In great shape!! I just wrote Tammy today, asking what a fair price would be. We are in Farmville, Va

drdan4jan@gmail.com

No way!! What year do you have and is it the TA model?

Old 08-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #16

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0
Oh!

Oh! Sorry, I didn't see you were looking for a 5.0TA😒 HokieEscape is an '09 5.0 which has a single axle. She's a "beautiful thing" though! we have loved her, and so have our grands!
Email: drdan4jan@gmail.com
Old 08-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie Escape View Post
Oh! Sorry, I didn't see you were looking for a 5.0TA[emoji19] HokieEscape is an '09 5.0 which has a single axle. She's a "beautiful thing" though! we have loved her, and so have our grands!

Email: drdan4jan@gmail.com

I'm still quite interested. I sent you a PM and emailed you. I would love to discuss a date and time to take a look at what you got!

Old 08-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #18

Trailer: Escape 5.0ta
Is your Escape still fore sale. I'm in Buckingham.