21C lithium Battery location - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2022, 08:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Dodge Dually cummins "Puff and Stuff" towing 2022-21C
21C lithium Battery location

Was wondering about the location in a 21C, of 4 lithium batteries with a u-shaped dinette. Would they go across the back of the trailer? Or along the P/S bench? If they go along the P/S does this block the opening hatch? Or is the hatch still usable?

Thanks.
C-weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Standard location for 21C is PS rear corner. Across the back L-R is inverter, if any then converter.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:27 AM   #3

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
I think that adding two more lithium batteries throws the current two battery configuration a pretty significant curveball unless we are talking seriously smaller batteries all around.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Bigfoot 21
John in Santa posted these photos of his solar basement in another thread. You can see how well these components fit into that back area.

Inverter placement requires a certain amount to thought. These are fairly large pieces of equipment, and need a good amount of surrounding space for ventilation. John located his inverter under the sidewalk dinette seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
so far, totally happy with them. well made, and they are performing to specifications. I have a classic Escape 21, with the rear "U" shaped dinette, so I removed the original dual GC2 box, and installed the two SOK batts in the curbside rear corner, like this

with this panel of Victron power management goodness under the rear bench...

and put a Renogy 2000W puresine inverter under the street side bench...

currently wired to its own dedicated outlet,

but I'm toying with getting a subpanel and a transfer switch so I can use the inverter for any of the outlets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I only know its *easy* on a E21 classic with a U shaped dinette, as its all under the rear dinette seats, both the batteries and the power center.

(note black batteries in the back, my wiring board in the middle, and the brown WFCO power center in the foreground)
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:41 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I like the dedicated "red" outlet....
Old 07-07-2022, 05:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I like the dedicated "red" outlet....
IMHO, one advantage oh installing your own system, is that you can use lower gage wiring than offered by trailer manufacturers & in solar kits.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:45 PM   #7

I haven’t added an inverter to my system. I wanted to go camping for a season or two to see if I really needed one. But a Giandel 2200W is in my future.

Honestly, I do not believe anyone needs more than 200ah 12 volt lithium battery power - unless you’re Jon Vermilye. 200 - 400w (2-4 panels) of rooftop solar panels (any configuration) coupled with either one 200ah or two 100ah 12 volt batteries will provide all your power needs, sans AC or extended microwave use.

Less/ smaller lithium batteries would allow for the DC-DC charger or inverter to be relocated near the batteries, and increase then storage areas under the right & left side dinette seats.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 19 - 2021
If you have a compressor fridge then 400 AH could needed, depending on your geographic location. I have a compressor fridge and live in the upper midwest. A lot of the campsites up here are wooded/shaded, and if I had to rely on the solar gain from my roof mounted panels about 4-days is as long as I could go with 200AH capacity. But aside from that, I would agree 200AH is more than enough for most people.
alanerickson is offline   Reply With Quote