Adding a Light Switch for an Interior Light? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
Adding a Light Switch for an Interior Light?

We have a 2014 5.0TA. Hull #9. The trailer gets out and about 33 nights a year. We very much enjoy it.

I'd like to add a switch by the inside of the door for the ceiling light. Donna had a light switch installed there during her construction.

I'm trying to figure out if the light is wired on it's own- I doubt it because the fuse panel only had 2 fuses marked "lights".
I don't want to snake a wire under the white inside body skin. I'd rather intercept the electrical leading to it, and add a switch from there.
Has anyone else done this after taking delivery? If so, then could you please share how you did it?
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Andy,
You also might try an email to ETI. When I was looking into some wiring mods, I asked ETI, and got a response from ETI about where to explore, and where some of the cavity space could be accessed and fished through.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote