Bidet wand for bathroom faucet - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2023, 05:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 E19
Bidet wand for bathroom faucet

Has anyone hooked up a bidet hose/wand to their faucet? Or in some other way? Any brand recommendations?

I'm guessing I might find one that will screw onto the faucet in place of the aerator. Or maybe rig something in tandem with the shower hose. I haven't looked to see if there's a way to tap into the toilet's water line. Wondering what others may have done, and what size connector I might need to look for. TIA.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Saw these

I do not have either of these units, but I have read of them.

I've thought of adding something to my rig, but haven't, yet. I do have a bidet at home. A useful appliance during the Covid T.P. shortage/hoarding event.

https://kk.org/cooltools/portable-travel-bidet/
https://kk.org/cooltools/non-electri...at-attachment/

I'm "flush" with suggestions.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 06:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
I do not have either of these units, but I have read of them.

I've thought of adding something to my rig, but haven't, yet. I do have a bidet at home. A useful appliance during the Covid T.P. shortage/hoarding event.

https://kk.org/cooltools/portable-travel-bidet/
https://kk.org/cooltools/non-electri...at-attachment/

I'm "flush" with suggestions.
And they weren't crappy suggestions, either! I have one on my home toilet also, but I never had any idea there were portable ones. I'll give that some thought.
Old 04-07-2023, 09:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
My sister has the portable one and is happy with it. And she can take it into public potties in case there is no TP.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:18 PM   #5

Not much feedback on this subject; I guess there aren't many bidet users on this forum. After some searching on Amazon, I found and decided to order a unit that attaches to the aerator threads and comes with several different-size adapters. I think the female 13/16" is the size I need.

I also picked up an Oxygenics shower head today at WM and installed it. That was surprisingly easy to do! Took all of 4 minutes and no tools.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I liked the looks of the one that installed under the toilet seat but I don't know that it would fit- if anyone tries it I'd love to know. I think the seat is awfully small for a handheld one.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I liked the looks of the one that installed under the toilet seat but I don't know that it would fit- if anyone tries it I'd love to know. I think the seat is awfully small for a handheld one.
I think the seat is awfully small, period! And I'm a relatively small guy. Yeah, it will be interesting to see how this works out.
Old 04-29-2023, 09:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Not much feedback on this subject; I guess there aren't many bidet users on this forum. After some searching on Amazon, I found and decided to order a unit that attaches to the aerator threads and comes with several different-size adapters.
The head on that unit looked promising, but in the end (pun intended) it produced a huge volume of water with very little pressure. Looking at photos of similar units, they all appear to have similar spray patterns.... except one: the Brondell Clean Spa. Installed, tested, plenty of pressure. The hose was a bit short, though, so I retained the hose from the previous purchase (it is super-flexible, unlike the stiff plastic OEM hose from Escape).
Old 08-18-2023, 01:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
My sister uses on of the hand-held ones and likes it. She also takes it into public restrooms so she doesn’t have to worry if the TP holder is empty.
Old 09-10-2023, 04:24 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Never used a bidet. But the redneck solution would be the handheld shower head.
GregWCIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 04:46 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In 1960 they built 3 new swimming pools in Cedar Rapids Iowa. The biggest pool had very large changing areas and one of the features was the inclusion of 6, count ‘em, 6 Ladies Urinals. Never saw them before or since but I can tell you they were rarely used and we removed them in the mid eighties when we renovated that pool. Probably could have sold them to the Potty Hall of fame. But alas they went to the landfill.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-10-2023, 08:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWCIL View Post
Never used a bidet. But the redneck solution would be the handheld shower head.
I tried that. The spray is so broad it gets everything back there soaking wet, but doesn't do any good where it counts. The spray is broad but not vigorous enough to do anything worthwhile.

The unit I bought is working fine, though. And I've taken showers with it, too.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
In 1960 they built 3 new swimming pools in Cedar Rapids Iowa. The biggest pool had very large changing areas and one of the features was the inclusion of 6, count ‘em, 6 Ladies Urinals. Never saw them before or since but I can tell you they were rarely used and we removed them in the mid eighties when we renovated that pool. Probably could have sold them to the Potty Hall of fame. But alas they went to the landfill.
Iowa Dave
Difficult to imagine what those urinals looked like. If you come across a photo online of a similar one, please post it!
Old 09-10-2023, 08:28 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Smile

Quote:
I tried that. The spray is so broad it gets everything back there soaking wet, but doesn't do any good where it counts. The spray is broad but not vigorous enough to do anything worthwhile.

The unit I bought is working fine, though. And I've taken showers with it, too.
I’m not taking a shower/ with it after that,
GregWCIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 12:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWCIL View Post
I’m not taking a shower/ with it after that,
Well, I understand the psychological factor. It really doesn't get dirty, though, because it's held more to the back where it's spraying more horizontally than vertically. No good reason to hold it directly beneath. (I hope that isn't "too much information.") And even if it did become soiled, the sink is right there for appliance cleanup at the same time as one's hands.

Hey, it's loads better than what they use in some parts of the world. Like a wooden stick... or one's own left hand...
Old 09-11-2023, 01:22 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Here’s what ours looked like

Quote:
Difficult to imagine what those urinals looked like. If you come across a photo online of a similar one, please post it!
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...%2Fim%2Fm4%2F3
Iowa Dave
Old 09-11-2023, 03:02 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 E17B
Quote:
Wondering what others may have done
I have a bidet wand installed in my E17B.

I tapped into the waterline that leads to the bathroom from under the dinette seat with a “T” using expansion PEX. From there, I went through the wall into the bathroom. Once inside the bathroom I brought the waterline up to a convenient operating height as shown in the photo, and put a 1/4 turn shutoff valve leading to adapters that the bidet hose would fit on.

I use 3M “command” adhesive strips to hold pieces of HDPE that I attach things like plumbing fittings or the holder for the bidet wand itself to the bathroom walls so If necessary I can remove everything without leaving a trace.

A bidet like this can also be used to clean the toilet or even supply all the water necessary to flush it.

I have another 1/4 turn tap inside the bathroom on the other side of the toilet that can turn off water to the toilet. I sometimes flush the toilet by turning the water to the toilet off, turning the supply water to the bidet on, then I spray off the walls of the toilet with the bidet and flush with the toilet flush handle. That way the contents of the toilet are dumped but no new water is introduced. I can spray clean the toilet bowl, then flush, then if necessary spray a bit more until everything is clean with a minimum very controlled amount of water.

This bidet wand has its own shutoff that controls the water flow from zero to a pretty high pressure spray.

The manufacturer states that the supply to the bidet should be shut off between uses. I turn off the bidet using its own valve then turn off the supply to it using the 1/4 turn valve. Then I open the bidet valve to relieve the pressure in its hose, then turn OFF the bidet valve. I make sure to leave the bidet with its own valve in the OFF position. If the bidet is left with its supply of water OFF but the bidet valve ON, the next time you turn it on you can be surprised. I always turn the bidet supply on with the potential spray of water from it pointed away from me into the sink.

You can end up with a bit of water on the toilet seat that needs to be wiped off after use, or even water on the floor if you are still learning its capabilities, due to the cramped space in an E17B bathroom.

I have toilet mounted bidets at home but I like this one so much I added it to my bathroom at home in addition to the bidet that is already there.

This is the link to it on Amazon

Here is a link to a post on FiberglassRV showing how I installed a different bidet into my 16 foot Scamp.
climateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 03:39 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 E17B
I can't remember the exact fitting I used, but

I think the bidet hose required a 1/2 inch "G" fitting. "G", a.k.a. BSPP (British Straight Parallel Pipe), is like pipe thread only the thread isn't tapered. Flexible hose for bathroom hand held showers and bidets always seems to be troublesome to fit.

In this case, to get from the particular 1/4 turn tap I used, to the bidet hose, I started with a 3/8 inch compression at the valve that attached a 3/8 copper pipe. I put 3/8 compression on the other end of the copper pipe to attach to an adapter that receives 3/8 inch compression on one end and goes to a half inch male "G" on the other. The female "G" on the hose fits that. Its sort of an eyesore that I wouldn't duplicate unless I couldn't get something else.

I may have used a different, more flexible hose for this bidet than the one it came with because I am very particular about hoses, but I don't remember. Duh.
climateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 04:44 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Iowa Dave
If those had been in Texas they would have filed them with ice.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 02:46 PM   #20

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Bidet on SmartWater bottle

Quote:
what others may have done, and what size connector I might need to look for. TIA.
We use this product instead of one connected to the plumbing system.
https://www.garagegrowngear.com/coll...-pika-outdoors

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote