City water quick connect mod - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 19'
City water quick connect mod

Recently there was a discussion about a quick connect device to the city water connection with pictures of the brass quick connect. Can someone please direct me to that discussion? Tried the search to no avail. I ordered one from Amazon but received the wrong connector I think! Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
P1030564.jpg   P1030565.jpg   P1030566.jpg  
Old 04-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Julie, is it this one? http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...-it-12540.html

Try pulling back on the knurled ring shown with the arrow and see if it comes apart there. I can't really tell for sure from your pictures but you may already have the parts you need.

Attached Thumbnails
P1030564 (1).jpg  

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Here, in Canada, the brass ones are the same price on Amazon as Home Depot. If you can't get an easy exchange from Amazon Home Depot might be an option. That way you can see that you're getting the correct piece.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #4

Thanks so much! Never had to return anything to Amazon. Amazingly easy, applied credit to my card & looks like I don't have to mail back wrong item.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Julie, is it this one? http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...-it-12540.html

Try pulling back on the knurled ring shown with the arrow and see if it comes apart there. I can't really tell for sure from your pictures but you may already have the parts you need.

OMG, didn't know that's how it worked! Feel kind of silly now! Thanks for the education Eric! Will have to do a mea culpa to Amazon....
Old 04-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
OMG, didn't know that's how it worked! Feel kind of silly now! Thanks for the education Eric! Will have to do a mea culpa to Amazon....
Julie, if you've never pulled one apart before, they just look like one piece, so it's an easy mistake to make.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
BTW.. Harbor Freight also sells a set of these. Several couplings plus several of the male part that clicks in. I'm using them and they work fine. I've noticed it helps to push in on the fitting while you pull the ring back.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Julie, if you've never pulled one apart before, they just look like one piece, so it's an easy mistake to make.
Thanks for your kind reply! I appreciate the help, sometimes we just don’t have the experience. Now that I know how it operates, am disappointed that the closure cap doesn’t fit on the single part attached to the inlet.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Now that I know how it operates, am disappointed that the closure cap doesn’t fit on the single part attached to the inlet.
How about a simple rubber dust cap to put over the end? These are made for hydraulics, but something like this should work if you find the right diameter. I would cut the lanyard part off and just use the cap and make sure it has a snug fit over the end.

www.mrostop.com/products/parker-fittings/quick-disconnects/hydraulic-quick-couplers/quick-coupler-dust-covers.html

Older trailers with the locking door can't leave these permanently connected because the door would not be able to close and lock.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote