Classic 19' exterior shower install - measurement request - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2021, 08:09 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post
Couple of other things for installing.
Don't use jigsaw blade cutting from outside since you'll get a ragged cut.
You can use a jigsaw from the outside if you use a diamond grit or carbide grit blade, just stay away from blades with teeth. I used a diamond grit blade for the cut out when I installed a hatch last fall and the cut was so clean I didn't really need to dress it after I did the cut. It was the only real way to do the rounded corners as I could not reasonably do this from inside the trailer at that location. The only precaution is to not try to cut too fast as I believe you could melt the resin and clog the blade. It worked like a charm.
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote