E9 error code on EMS - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 06:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0
E9 error code on EMS

Anyone ever get an E9 error code on the EMS? Manual says it's "Data Link Down (call technical support)". I'm boondocking right now and won't have shore power for another week probably, so I hesitate to call support without that as an option to test and troubleshoot. Not to mention, I often get better and faster answers from this Forum! Anyways, it happens when I'm on generator power, and of course I see lots of posts discussing the EMS with a generator, but those typically refer to getting an E2 error code, not E9. Also, I ran it fine on the gennie a few times with no error code at all, which makes me think something happened/changed. For now I'm just bypassing the EMS when I connect, so it's no big problem now. But in the meantime I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else has had the same issue...can't find any posts at all referencing E9. Upon cursory inspection, all cables and connections look fine, but I haven't tried opening the unit up...should I? TIA!
Old 06-29-2021, 09:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Call progressive sounds like your ems took a surge hit. That’s what happened to ours. I called progressive and they sent a new one out ASAP free of charge.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Call progressive sounds like your ems took a surge hit. That’s what happened to ours. I called progressive and they sent a new one out ASAP free of charge.
That should be an E10 code but I guess anything is possible.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Anyone ever get an E9 error code on the EMS? Manual says it's "Data Link Down (call technical support)". I'm boondocking right now and won't have shore power for another week probably, so I hesitate to call support without that as an option to test and troubleshoot. Not to mention, I often get better and faster answers from this Forum! Anyways, it happens when I'm on generator power, and of course I see lots of posts discussing the EMS with a generator, but those typically refer to getting an E2 error code, not E9. Also, I ran it fine on the gennie a few times with no error code at all, which makes me think something happened/changed. For now I'm just bypassing the EMS when I connect, so it's no big problem now. But in the meantime I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else has had the same issue...can't find any posts at all referencing E9. Upon cursory inspection, all cables and connections look fine, but I haven't tried opening the unit up...should I? TIA!
For the E9 code I did read online that it is sometimes a bad cable or remote monitor. Try unplugging the cord from both the main unit and remote monitor and plugging them back in. You could open the unit up (with incoming power off of course) and confirm tight connections but there really isn't anything else more you can do in there. It's just the contactor and a couple of printed circuit boards.