Electricity while boon docking - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2022, 09:14 AM   #81

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' and 2004 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I’m the second owner of a 2016 5.0 . After powering up the GoPower inverter I can’t find an outlet with 120v. I can see the AC icon on the inverter. Any ideas?
It is possible that you, like me, do not actually have an inverter.
RBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:24 AM   #82

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

I've watched this ever increasing escalating cycle of "needs" with a bit of amazement.
I am with you all the way on this, Ron. Most of my modifications are not at all from need, but more a desire for things done my way. Heck, our Escape trailers are not a "need", but a desire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I totally agree with you Ron. Too many Escape owner's and soon to be owner's see or hear of a modification done by other's and blindly assume that they need something comparable or better.
Very true. I know in chats with Reace he couldn't believe the options people included just because they might need it some day. Heck, you can go make memories with the most basic model trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #83

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
I’m the second owner of a 2016 5.0 . After powering up the GoPower inverter I can’t find an outlet with 120v. I can see the AC icon on the inverter. Any ideas?
Did you wait a couple of minutes after turning on the inverter? There is a significant delay before it sends power to the outlet(s) as it goes through an initialization and checking process. Once that happens, if the AC icon is on on the inverter display and there is still no power to outlets you may have the "one outlet" option. Look under the passenger bench at the inverter and see if you can find an electric cable leaving the inverter and follow it to a single outlet - I'm not sure where they put the single inverter outlet when that option is chosen. If you can find that outlet, it should have power when the inverter is on. If it doesn't there may be another problem. With the "one outlet" inverter option there should be an outlet fed only by the inverter and not by the main power center circuits.

This assumes that you do, in fact, have an inverter - have you verified that? In a 5.0 it would be mounted on the inside of the bench wall right next to the GoPower solar controller.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #84

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
In addition to the above mentioned delay, and the hunt for a possible single outlet, do check that all the ac breakers are set properly and that the ground fault protector is set properly.
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:25 AM   #85

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
As an after thought, just about anything one would need 120v ac, propane and/or a campfire is a good alternative.... even heat in the winter
Old 07-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #86

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Mystery solved,🤪 I don’t have an inverter….yet. I assumed that because the GoPower panel has a button and an icon for AC that I would magically have a free inverter.
Thanks for the quick responses to my query.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:59 PM   #87

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' and 2004 Tundra
Cool

Quote:
Mystery solved,🤪 I don’t have an inverter….yet. I assumed that because the GoPower panel has a button and an icon for AC that I would magically have a free inverter.
Thanks for the quick responses to my query.
I get it, because I made the same mistake
RBRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery charge, boondock, generator, solar