Exterior connection water connection - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
Exterior connection water connection

First, I'm not a plumber so pardon me if I use incorrect terms.

Connected city water (w/ pressure regulator) to flush out pink RV antifreeze and had a blowout under the sink. Connection to passenger side outside shower failed. Connection to driver side exterior shower minor leak but did not detach.

I had to reseat thin metal washer & rubber gasket. Not easy so now looking for another tool to help. You can see I replaced factory clamp (shark bite?) with regular hose clamp. I did that so I could spin the elbow toward me to reseat the washer + gasket.

Attached pic shows white edge flush against black twist on connection now. DS shower connection there is 1/4" - 3/8" space between white edge and black twist on connection. OK for now, but I'm pretty sure will have to fix that one soon too. Not sure if they worked out from travel or just not seated properly from the git go.

Anyone have this happen & replace that elbow connection? Any suggestions to replace? Or stuck with repair?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

PS
Leaving for 5 days camping this Wednesday, so won't be posting any response after that. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
85C00F66-9D4B-4158-A384-37A98DC9DCEB.jpg  
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 05:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
Hard to tell because hot water line is blocking, but if you zoom in on the pic, you can see the gap between white edge/lip and the twist on connection
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote