fresh water fill from jug - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2019, 05:44 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Yeah, but your worry was having gasoline breath when you picked up that Iowa farm girl with the freshly filled Mustang. Course she might have had diesel tractor fuel breath and braces and a sparky kiss could have been a disaster.
Iowa Dave
That mind picture was a morning coffee snorter............
Old 11-21-2019, 06:28 AM   #42
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Warning, I have used that Camco water filler and the plastic hose came off and jammed inside the trailer hose. Took me and a bunch of skinny kids fingers to finally retrieve it before it went down into the tank.....
Yeah, I could see how that might happen since the hose is just pressed on. Maybe add a hose clamp.... hummmmmm
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:29 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
I'm surprised so many are pouring water into the tank. I tried that once and decided there had to be a better way. I move our portable lightweight table over to the fill side and with the water jug on the table let the siphon do all the work. Drop the siphon into the jug, shake it a few times and a couple minutes later the jug is empty and tank is topped off.

https://safetysiphon.net

I've also gone to very collapsable jugs that will fold up and be stored with the siphon in very little space. One full season using the jugs with no issues. I'm using a couple 5 gallon versions.

https://www.smartbottleinc.com/index.html
I've been using the smartbottle jugs for a few years with no issues at all. They are double wall and pretty durable
Love the way they are flat and take up little space when not in use.
I use the small ladder we take to position the jug on and a hose to get to the fill port.
They also have just come out with a hose adapter, scroll down on the link to view.
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #44

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
hose adapter for fresh water fill

When filling fresh water from a hose, I made an adapter similar to the Camco that slips into the Escape inlet so doesn't need holding. It's just a female hose connection and 1/2" barb with 1/2" inside diameter tubing. Same parts as I use to connect the jug, just a shorter length of tubing.

With the barb and extra length, I've never had it detach.

Bill R
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0344_crop.jpg  
Bill R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #45

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Water filler

Our filler attaches to our hose at home with quick connect . Can turn water on and off . Could remove quick connect and just attach to regular hose or add a quick connect to hose temporarily at campground . Have add this device for 18 years now . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
5324698F-2002-44F6-9D1B-E3C7044165D8.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
MikeS
I'm with you Mike.Been using a siphon for the last fourteen years.Thanks for posting, guess people just don't know about it.Done enough heavy lifting in my life.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #47

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I use one of these. Water doesn't flow into the tank until I turn on the valve.
I have similar. A 12" end of a hose with a shutoff screwed on the threaded end. I stick it down the fresh water inlet, turn on the faucet, then turn on the hose shutoff. I do keep an eye on it, turning it down when I can hear it getting to the top. On my Starcraft I used the same and had the trailer hose between the inlet and the tank blow off when the tank overfilled faster then the vent could handle.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #48

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2015
I've gotten lots of good advice on this forum but this thread has been one of the most useful yet for me. We're planning lots of National/State park camping next year without hook-ups. Electric is never a problem for us with our solar cell and twin 5 volt batteries. Water then becomes the limiting factor. Many good ideas here, but I went with the safety siphon and a 3 gallon jug option. I just got it from Amazon today and tried It out right away. It worked great and went amazingly quickly. The tube fills well into the fill port on the trailer. It also seems to be very well made and should last a long time. When I'm at a park without full hook-ups, I usually set up a table on the back side to use as a wash station with my outdoor shower. It makes the grey tank last a lot longer and I don't make as much mess in the trailer. That will also be very suitable to set my jug on to refill the tank. Now I'll have to find a new use for the beer bong I used to fill it up with.
wolfnjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:38 PM   #49

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
I'm surprised so many are pouring water into the tank. I tried that once and decided there had to be a better way. I move our portable lightweight table over to the fill side and with the water jug on the table let the siphon do all the work. Drop the siphon into the jug, shake it a few times and a couple minutes later the jug is empty and tank is topped off.

https://safetysiphon.net

I've also gone to very collapsable jugs that will fold up and be stored with the siphon in very little space. One full season using the jugs with no issues. I'm using a couple 5 gallon versions.

https://www.smartbottleinc.com/index.html
Great idea on the siphon. Just ordered one!
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:38 AM   #50

Trailer: 2020 19’
Great idea. Just have to figure out the details to make the cap into a hose thread. And where to find the parts.
Videocrafters is offline   Reply With Quote