Fresh water tank not filling - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2020, 03:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 17b
Fresh water tank not filling

Hello everyone
We're very new to this so even basic tasks have been a challenge sometimes . We purchased our 17b last summer and when we camped it was with full hook-ups . An rv tech did the winterization though I'm not sure how thorough he was . I flushed out the anti-freeze , opened the t-valve to what I assume is the correct position. Trying to fill the tank so that I can check the pump and camp at sites without services. However, the fresh water tank will not fill when I have to hooked up to pressurized water . What am I doing wrong ? Any suggestions would be very helpful . Thanks in advance
edski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
You will find two water outlets on the outside of the trailer, side by side. The one you hook up the city water hose to supplies city water to your system but does not fill the tank. The other one is a larger opening which will accommodate the end of a water hose - you use that to fill the tank (it will start pouring out that opening when the tank is full).

Once your tank is full, turn off or disconnect the city water and turn on your pump to test it pulling water from the tank.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Ed,
There are two inputs for your water, and they're next to each other. One is the threaded connection for water from a pressurized hose bib source. It by-passes your pump and check valve, and supplies your kitchen sink, and bath directly.
The other is merely a fill port for your tank. That's where you just hold your hose or nozzle in the hole to fill the tank (until it suddenly is full, and you get wet!). Listen for the sound change and stop the fill early. I have a cheap screw-on plastic 90° shutoff valve on the end of the hose, so I can do just that).
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:32 PM   #4

omg. Good to know . Thanks for the prompt replies. Stay tuned for the obvious question requiring a simple , yet knowledgeable , answer. Much appreciated.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Once you get the tank full of water and turn on the pump, you may have to open both sink fresh waters and flush your toilet a couple times to relieve any airlock in the water lines. The water will sputter and spit for a while and then run full steam. From then on, till your tank is drained again you probably won’t have air in the lines. It can take a few minutes to bleed this system. Don’t give up. That’s been our experience.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #6

I will try that tomorrow . Thanks once again !
Old 07-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by edski View Post
I will try that tomorrow . Thanks once again !
With a hot water tank it could be left in bypass and the hot water tank could be empty. Did the technician pull anode when winterizing to drain hot water tank? He should have replaced anode with a wrap of teflon tape and then tightened for start up. Switch off bypass to fill and check for leaks outside tank to ensure pressurization. Make sure you don't activate empty hot water tank via propane of AC if you have it.

Check out Escape orientation video.
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote