Furnace? New Escape 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #21

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
some pics of locations where I installed wire screens:

If your screen restrict as much as Camco screens for the fridge vents pay close attention to your refrigerator while traveling. I installed them in ours and found the refrigerator temperature climbing over 50 on propane while on the highways., As soon as we slowed under 25 or parked it would start dropping. I removed the screens and it was fine.
I lucked out and found a vent someone had lost by the highway and use it with the screen while at home. Your might work fine but ours for some reason does not like the screens when the trailer is moving.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:01 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I like that new style external refrigerator and furnace covers, very sleek.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
If your screen restrict as much as Camco screens for the fridge vents pay close attention to your refrigerator while traveling. I installed them in ours and found the refrigerator temperature climbing over 50 on propane while on the highways., As soon as we slowed under 25 or parked it would start dropping. I removed the screens and it was fine.
I lucked out and found a vent someone had lost by the highway and use it with the screen while at home. Your might work fine but ours for some reason does not like the screens when the trailer is moving.
the screen I installed over the lower refrigerator vent was one I made from materials purchased at Home Depot/ Lowes: door screen, framing, corners, spline, and installing tool. I did the same on my Casita, so had some practice and this last screen turned out really nice. Never had any issues with it on Casita, and appears to work well on my Escape. however, haven't tried it on the road yet, so will be watching it close to see if causes any issures. thanks
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Talking of furnaces, Escapes and Casitas, once we were stopped for coffee (in Chilliwack only a couple of miles from the Escape Factory) and there was a Casita parked close by. So we got talking to the Casita owner and sharing experiences. We discovered that Casitas are made in Texas, and they were complaining about feeling cold as they didn't have a furnace, although they did have AC. So it seems that Escapes being made in Canada come with a furnace as standard with AC as an option, while Casitas are made in Texas and come with AC as standard and the furnace is the option!!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Talking of furnaces, Escapes and Casitas, once we were stopped for coffee (in Chilliwack only a couple of miles from the Escape Factory) and there was a Casita parked close by. So we got talking to the Casita owner and sharing experiences. We discovered that Casitas are made in Texas, and they were complaining about feeling cold as they didn't have a furnace, although they did have AC. So it seems that Escapes being made in Canada come with a furnace as standard with AC as an option, while Casitas are made in Texas and come with AC as standard and the furnace is the option!!
The Casita deluxe series such as the Spirit Deluxe comes with an A/C with heat strip as standard equipment , the furnace is an option . We have attended several rallies in the
Southern US and many of the Casitas did not have furnaces
When we ordered our Casita we ordered the optional furnace cause we planned on traveling
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
my 2004 Casita had furnace, was one of my favorite options. on Casitaforum many advise against the furnace, then wonder how to keep warm? the heat strip was very nice too, will miss that feature on my new Escape 21.
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
my 2004 Casita had furnace, was one of my favorite options. on Casitaforum many advise against the furnace, then wonder how to keep warm? the heat strip was very nice too, will miss that feature on my new Escape 21.
Reading the Casita Forum has almost convinced me that the average Casita owner believes that the world ends at the Southern border of Tennessee
A furnace is just $500 waste of money according to many on the Casita Forum
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 21 Escape
I don't think the screen will obstruct the vent. I think they r referring to something that wont let it breath in air..
bonitaraders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #29

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Our 2007 Casita Spirit did have a (or 10?) gal fresh water tank and you pumped the handle at the sink faucet, NO electric water pump, NO water heater, NO grey or black water tanks (the sink ran on the ground), NO heater, and NO air-conditioning. It was a standard, not a deluxe. It did have that nice 4(?)cf refrigerator, a maxi-fan, and a lot of room for other needless crap.

We loved that Casita for five wonderful years!

Enjoy,

Perry